What's new

Crash at Parque de Atracciones Madrid

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
May I ask what is so bad about Parques Reunidos in general?

What the two above me said. Every single park they've acquired has stagnated, with poor operations and ever-increasing gate prices. Parks like Mirabilandia, BonBon-Land, and, indeed, Parque des Atracciones de Madrid used to be leading parks in their countries, having installed some of the largest coasters in Europe in the years before acquisition. But since 2009 or so, the number of big investments have plunged for every park, and they are particularly stingy with coasters. Maybe a cheap or second-hand family coaster is installed somewhere in the chain every third year or so, or something (barely) bigger for significant anniversaries. Bobbejaanland got an RCS Spinning coaster for its 50th anniversary, whereas Mirabilandia got DiVertical when it turned 30. The only parks in the chain to have built coasters larger than mid-tier family rides since 2010 (or the time of aquisition) are Attraciepark Slagharen (Gold Rush, 2017), Movie Park Germany (Star Trek, 2017), and arguably Kennywood (Sky Rocket, 2010, but it was probably commissioned before Parques Reunidos took over in 2009).

Other parks in the same countries have kept growing and kept investing, yet everything run by Parques Reunidos seems to have a policy of not building anything more than the absolute minimum to sustain guest numbers (somewhat). The whole chain is famed for stagnation. At least Merlin in the UK builds something with some regularity, even though it is invariably black and themed with shipping containers. Parques Reunidos shuffles around used Vekoma Junior Coasters or Zierer Tivolies and claim them to be sufficient to sustain a park for five years or so.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Parques Reunidos doesn't have any passion, enthusiasm or interest for theme parks I believe. They only see it as a source of money and want to upkeep the flow of money and only act to do so.