What's new

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
As others have said, the Nemesis pit is designed specifically for Nemesis.
They started blasting the pit well before Nemesis was on the drawing board, it was already a big hole by 1991, hence the rocks from the pit being used for Katanga Canyon in 1992. It was blasted for Secret weapon 1&2, the pipeline coaster that was never to be. So it wasn't actually 'designed specifically for Nemesis.' In fact Nemesis was designed specifically for the pit.

With that in mind, it is clearly not unreasonable to suggest a good replacement for Nemesis could be found to 'fit the pit.' However I agree, this is very unlikely, and would make very little sense, when you have a 'world top 50 coaster' sat there that just needs some TLC.

Last edited:

emoo

Hyper Poster
I recently (finally) watched the channel 4 special "A Roller Coaster Year". The script had the nerve to mention that everyone had their favorites then listing many of the big rides but not Nemesis. How very dare they. Hopefully it doesn't give too much an insight beyond promoting the latest attractions i.e. 13...

It was however cool to watch them trimming the vines around the pit which is hard to imagine being used as well for anything else no matter when it was blasted.

Hulk it would be my preference. And is the old logo font too much to ask? Or get someone new to bellow NEMESIS.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I recently (finally) watched the channel 4 special "A Roller Coaster Year". The script had the nerve to mention that everyone had their favorites then listing many of the big rides but not Nemesis. How very dare they. Hopefully it doesn't give too much an insight beyond promoting the latest attractions i.e. 13...

It was however cool to watch them trimming the vines around the pit which is hard to imagine being used as well for anything else no matter when it was blasted.

Hulk it would be my preference. And is the old logo font too much to ask? Or get someone new to bellow NEMESIS.
Sure you could find plenty of enthusiasts who would do that regardless if you asked them too ;)