What's new

Coronavirus: Impact on Theme Parks

JammyH

Hyper Poster
@Nicky Borrill

Are your staff wearing PPE in your pub. I’ve seen a video today of Rishi Sunak serving customers in Wagamama’s yesterday, apparently he “decided against wearing a face mask”. Yet he stood right next to the customers and didn’t bother to social distance either, absolutely outraged and exactly why I’m staying away from restaurants (definitely Wagamamas) now in this country if staff aren’t wearing PPE as it puts the guests at risk, and the staff too.

Oh, not to mention he stuck his fingers in the food too before giving it to the customers, I would be demanding a refund.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yep, +642, highest it’s been in a few days now, and higher than this time last week. Definitely the effects of the unlocking. I wish we had suppressed the virus more before reopening everything again.
Don’t panic yet buddy, we’ve had small bumps at each stage of unlocking so far... fingers crossed this turns out the same way :)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
@Nicky Borrill

Are your staff wearing PPE in your pub. I’ve seen a video today of Rishi Sunak serving customers in Wagamama’s yesterday, apparently he “decided against wearing a face mask”. Yet he stood right next to the customers and didn’t bother to social distance either, absolutely outraged and exactly why I’m staying away from restaurants (definitely Wagamamas) now in this country if staff aren’t wearing PPE as it puts the guests at risk, and the staff too.

Oh, not to mention he stuck his fingers in the food too before giving it to the customers, I would be demanding a refund.

We are...

Booked Seated Guests Only
Tables spaced by 2m
Contact free ordering only (app)
Table service only (orders delivered direct to table)
Staff wearing EITHER mask or shield (done to accommodate staff who struggle with one or the other)
1 in 1 out toilets

And being a country pub, EVERYBODY is compliant!

you’re safer in my pub than any shop, theme park or cinema :)

rob666

Hyper Poster
Sorry for the question, but I'm trying to plan if, where and when I want to go to a park this summer. A big factor for me is queueing, I don't really want to be standing in ridiculous lines due to slow operations e.g. like at Alton Towers so far. I know parks like Phantasialand and Europa Park are operating efficiently still but I was also wondering if any parks were still running fastrack to anyone's knowledge?

I know fastrack isn't operating at most parks this season but I heard it's possibly running at Parc Asterix, and I was wondering if it was operational at PortAventura too?

Just something for me to consider, especially if people are disregarding social distancing in slow-moving main lines.

No fasttrack at blackpool today, and the staff were managing the queues really well.
2 young ladies kicked off the dipper for no mask.
River caves/ghost train staff strict monitoring masks.
A few new bits and lights on those two.
No queue for the bar.
Walk on Icon front seat fluke!
Front seat Streak with a five minute queue.
Only had two hours parking...two quid, before the Velvet Coaster.
Bloody lovely.
Visit your local park.
Five thousand limit for Saturday...allegedly.
Queues always 50% less on the Sunday, and the forecast is really good.
Haiku later.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
We are...

Booked Seated Guests Only
Tables spaced by 2m
Contact free ordering only (app)
Table service only (orders delivered direct to table)
Staff wearing EITHER mask or shield (done to accommodate staff who struggle with one or the other)
1 in 1 out toilets

And being a country pub, EVERYBODY is compliant!

you’re safer in my pub than any shop, theme park or cinema :)
Where is your pub based? Can I visit? Your regulations are safer than any other pub or restaurant in this country! ?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
No fasttrack at blackpool today, and the staff were managing the queues really well.
2 young ladies kicked off the dipper for no mask.
River caves/ghost train staff strict monitoring masks.
A few new bits and lights on those two.
No queue for the bar.
Walk on Icon front seat fluke!
Front seat Streak with a five minute queue.
Only had two hours parking...two quid, before the Velvet Coaster.
Bloody lovely.
Visit your local park.
Five thousand limit for Saturday...allegedly.
Queues always 50% less on the Sunday, and the forecast is really good.
Haiku later.

I really would love to visit blackpool this season, however unfortunately it’s a long drive for me, and it’s just as quick to get to the pleasure beach as it is for me to get out to a european park. So I’m making decisions based on the parks with the best measures and lowest queue times, and also where I want to go to most as well!

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
BPB are totally rocking it, it seems to me.

Coaster Crazy was at Adventure Island. No masks required anywhere, not even staff wearing them. :oops:

Will be curious to see his vlog in a few days.

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
@Nicky Borrill

all I see when watching him is
?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
BPB are totally rocking it, it seems to me.

Coaster Crazy was at Adventure Island. No masks required anywhere, not even staff wearing them. :oops:

Will be curious to see his vlog in a few days.

Very shocking staff are not wearing them. Adventure island is pretty much all outdoors though so hopefully low risk. I will be staying away.

cookie

Giga Poster
Good news for Danish parks as new regulations from the government allow the rides to operate at a higher capacity than before.

This means that all rides at Bakken are now open (previously major thrill rides like the wooden coaster and Mine Train Ulven were closed) and Tik Tak (the Mondial Shake) is now open at Tivoli.

At Tivoli you will now be handed one-time use masks before riding Tik Tak, Mælkevejen, Dæmonen, Vertigo and Monsunen. The virtual queue is still in place for the time being.

Edit: At Djurs, all coasters are now running with full trains as long as all passengers wear masks.

Last edited:

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
Only been to Towers.

Is it only there they have signs saying keep to the left on paths that everyone ignores
What are you to do when met by a wall of people walking towards you
o_O
Are people a bit better behaved at other parks ?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Only been to Towers.

Is it only there they have signs saying keep to the left on paths that everyone ignores
What are you to do when met by a wall of people walking towards you
o_O
Are people a bit better behaved at other parks ?

I think all the Merlin parks at least are adopting the 'keep to the left' policy where possible.

Trouble with those sorts of instructions is people don't have it ingrained into them - people like to walk freely around a park. My local shopping centre has a similar rule (with a lot more signage too), and people don't stick to it, because people want to wander around freely and explore.

That sort of instruction works with public transport - where it's been ingrained in people for years - because most people are just using it to get from A to B. But it's going to be very difficult to encourage it outside of that setting, especially at somewhere as joyous as a theme park.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
+820 cases today, and +148 deaths.

A lot higher than this time last week.

Effects of unlocking are starting to show.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
+820 cases today, and +148 deaths.

A lot higher than this time last week.

Effects of unlocking are starting to show.
This is worrying, but is also backed up by data from the reporting app I’ve been participating in which suggests rates are currently not declining...

fingers crossed that this is stilljust a little road bump like when other measures were eased... ?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
This is worrying, but is also backed up by data from the reporting app I’ve been participating in which suggests rates are currently not declining...

fingers crossed that this is stilljust a little road bump like when other measures were eased... ?

I report on that app as well.

What I find concerning is that lots of businesses aren’t operating with appropriate safety measures in place. There are loads of hair dressers where staff and guests are not wearing PPE, etc.

What I also find concerning is that cases in Leicester are decreasing not increasing, which means we are looking at a national spike in cases due to unlocking rather than local.

In germany, when they unlocked cases have not increased since mid May, they have held steady every day. In my opinion, that is due to stricter legislation for businesses like mandatory face masks etc, rather than the wishy washy “guidelines” that we have here.