Cocktails

Favorite Cocktail

• Total voters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Putting Pimms in the same sort of ginger beer that you'd use for a Moscow Mule should be against the Geneva Convention

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
It might be a lost in translation kinda moment - ginger beer here stateside is most typically something like this: https://products.wholefoodsmarket.com/product/belvoir-organic-ginger-beer-105278

Essentially a carbonated lemon juice with ginger extract and some other spices. I googled "British Ginger Beer" and was finding some pretty funky stuff that is definitely not what I use. ?
Do you not have ginger ale in the States? Sounds similar to what you're describing - a carbonated drink flavoured with ginger - but it's clear and brown, not cloudy white. I reckon it would probably go better with Pimm's too.

I've been really high on Bulleit Rye Whiskey, as it is a naturally sweeter whiskey thanks to the higher rye content, and airs more on the side of bourbon for flavor profile; basically plays a lot nicer with other ingredients, especially a Sazerac.
It's rather tasty, isn't it? I had a Manhattan with Bulleit Rye just last night!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Do you not have ginger ale in the States? Sounds similar to what you're describing - a carbonated drink flavoured with ginger - but it's clear and brown, not cloudy white. I reckon it would probably go better with Pimm's too.
Indeed we have good ol' ginger ale too (Canada Dry is the crowd favorite, Reed's even moreso for cocktails). I've also done Pimm's Cup with more lemon-flavored sodas too; the ginger beer concoction kinda naturally sprung out of that, splitting the ginger/citrus flavor.

Rest assured, I have indeed done Pimm's Cup with ginger ale. I promise I am not a total heathen. :p

It's rather tasty, isn't it? I had a Manhattan with Bulleit Rye just last night!
My man! Manhattan is always a fave - wintertime I often dig more into the Waldorf over the Manhattan; a little higher on the Vermouth and different bitters - but it was a favorite of my grandpa's, which brings back fond memories as we get closer to Thanksgiving.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I might have to use my admin privilege to go back in and add the Sazerac. ;)

Well if I must do it myself then so be it.

It was interesting to read the number of 'Absinthe rinse' cocktail options. Asides making my fav vermouth rinse seam a bit pathetic, its an intriguing way to use that hideous drink.

Also good to know Waldorf did more than an odd salad.

If anyone wants something extra smoky, try setting rosemary on fire then covering with a cocktail glass to coat the inside with the flavour. Doesn't matter what drink is then poured in afterward as its very intense.

Anyone is welcome to provide a map reference for a good bar near any theme park. As for Cedar Point after parties, my only visit so far brought me the dirtiest martini ever and hopefully there is a better showing of drinks nearby.

Last edited:

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
I'm not much of a drinker, but I came up with this concoction that I call Great White Shark Bite:

1 oz. Captain Morgan Silver Spiced Rum
.5 oz. DeKuyper Blue Curacao
4 oz. Body Armor Tropical Punch coconut water
8 splashes of Grenadine
Garnish with a gummy shark.

You can skip the Body Armor and gummy shark for a shot.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
If anyone wants something extra smoky, try setting rosemary on fire then covering with a cocktail glass to coat the inside with the flavour. Doesn't matter what drink is then poured in afterward as its very intense.

Tried this, but she escaped!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well if I must do it myself then so be it.

It was interesting to read the number of 'Absinthe rinse' cocktail options. Asides making my fav vermouth rinse seam a bit pathetic, its an intriguing way to use that hideous drink.

Also good to know Waldorf did more than an odd salad.

Anyone is welcome to provide a map reference for a good bar near any theme park. As for Cedar Point after parties, my only visit so far brought me the dirtiest martini ever and hopefully there is a better showing of drinks nearby.
Definitely recommend toying with absinthe rinse! You can buy it specifically with a pipit to make it easier.

And you are very correct on Sandusky establishments - if you are at the Thirsty Pony, you are doing it wrong. :p

emoo

Hyper Poster
Bucks Fizz - mix orange juice of your chosen freshness with Champagne, processo or sparkling wine. (Or buy pre mixed and it's cheap as chips). Drinkable any day but extra sparkly on Christmas morning, brunch, lunch, until the bottle runs out really.