What's new

Chimelong Water Park announced Wiegand Slide Wheel.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Anyone remember the weird ass Wiegand Slide Wheel announced at IAAPA last year?

Slide wheel.png
Slide wheel 3.jpg

Well it turns out Chimelong water park in Guangzhou China just announced one for 2018.

Slidewheel4.JPG
This thing works weirdly. You get in a tube in the middle and the wheel slowly rotates changing the direction of down all the time so you keep sliding round and round.

I cannot wait to see how this works in real life.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
What on God's green Earth is that?
Its Pure unadulterated Chinese madness....

Bear in mind this is now the busiest water park on earth now as well. I think it overtook the Disney parks last year for the first time. (Volcano bay wasn't in that as its new so maybe not)
Its going to have to have a hell of a throughput.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's been number 1 for a few years now.

Still not interested. Water parks in civilised places are full of pee, so got knows what the water/urine ratio would be in China's busiest water park.

Alpengeistcui

Roller Poster
although Wiegand and Wiegand-Maelzer are the same manufacturer, they both have their own website. Just want to know what's the relation between them.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Looks a bit dangerous to me.

Yeah. I'm just wondering what would happen if you get caught on the join between the rotating section and the stationary sections. Also, what if there is a power outage, and someone is stuck in the middle? How do they get them out without using a generator in that scenario?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah. I'm just wondering what would happen if you get caught on the join between the rotating section and the stationary sections.
Likely nothing? What could happen? I would suggest a far harder task is going to be keeping the joint any sort of watertight. It's going to take its toll on the rubber seals.
Also, what if there is a power outage, and someone is stuck in the middle? How do they get them out without using a generator in that scenario?
They'd use a generator? Most parks will have back up generators available relatively quickly for all sorts of things throughout the park (standby power will be required for a whole host of systems throughout the park). They'd probably just install a back-up system with the rest of the plant for this attraction.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Yeah. I'm just wondering what would happen if you get caught on the join between the rotating section and the stationary sections. Also, what if there is a power outage, and someone is stuck in the middle? How do they get them out without using a generator in that scenario?
Wouldn't you make it that the slide going into the transition is narrower (Telescopic in a way) so there is no butt joint between the two.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wouldn't you make it that the slide going into the transition is narrower (Telescopic in a way) so there is no butt joint between the two.
I'd think something like that would work very well.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Also, is Mack building the wheel on behalf of Wiegand Maezler? Obviously its a prototype, but you can see the magenta DV rivals track piled up.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
that's the Gerstlaurer factory bit Macks. I believe at least some of that track is for Oaks Amusement Park