What's new

CF Pokemon Go

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
Found 5 altogether now...all in exactly the same place xD
There's a park near my office that has dratini constantly. No shocker that the gym there is a massive dragonite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Has anyone had a crack at a Gym? I am level 10 with relatively low CP pokemon but 25k stardust saved up. Im tempted to level up my best pokemon and have a crack at a gym but not sure whether to hold out until i can catch some rarer pokemon.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Chris Brown said:
Has anyone had a crack at a Gym? I am level 10 with relatively low CP pokemon but 25k stardust saved up. Im tempted to level up my best pokemon and have a crack at a gym but not sure whether to hold out until i can catch some rarer pokemon.
I took over a few for a few minutes. I have a near 700 aerodactyl that has done well, but still not enough to stick around. I need to get a lot of stardust as I got a wild nidoking last night that needs some love.
tomahawk said:
Jordanovichy said:
Found 5 altogether now...all in exactly the same place xD
There's a park near my office that has dratini constantly. No shocker that the gym there is a massive dragonite.

Ben

CF Legend
I tried a gym.

I failed.

The issue is around me everyone is hardcore so the gyms are tough as tits.

I need to go somewhere basic.

My Pokemon are all quite fab as well, I have a Gyarados (that's right bitches), Golduck and Hypno all over 900+.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Is the number of wild pokemon appearing in any way connected to the number of Pokestops/Gyms? I've noticed far less Pokemon on a short walk around my village today than I did on a similarly long walk in a smaller city during the weekend. There was only a Ghastly found today, while I've found 20+ pokemon during my first try...

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I think so. I have to walk through the woods on my commute and there's not much much there even when there is signal :( Though there are some water ones. Yesterday I found Omelette (or w/e) and Goldeen. She had only 12cp BUT DOES SHE NOT LOOK FIERCE ON THIS DAY <3

mouse

Giga Poster
The GPS thing on my phone doesn't work that well, so I haven't bothered to download it. Instead I've just been going around throwing tennis balls at dogs.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Got a Charmander from my first 2km egg yesterday which was a nice surprise.

So far behind everybody else as only trying to play it on wi-fi hotspots to save my poverty data plan, although found yesterday if you save the area you're in on Google maps to your phone it apparently saves some data.

Also managed to drop two pokemon on gyms nearby that were already occupied, piggy backing off of others hard work.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Smithy said:

So far behind everybody else as only trying to play it on wi-fi hotspots to save my poverty data plan, although found yesterday if you save the area you're in on Google maps to your phone it apparently saves some data.

Also managed to drop two pokemon on gyms nearby that were already occupied, piggy backing off of others hard work.

What data plan are you on? Ive been playing a fair bit on 3G and am amazed how little data its used. In total i've used only 109mb on Pokemon go since its release and thats been wandering around chessington, southampton and winchester.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I've only got 500mb a month and I've used 200mb of it in the past week (not just on Pokemon, Twitter/Facebook etc too).

EE used to do bolt-on's but when I looked for an extra data add-on the other day I saw they'd changed it so you can only buy them once you've hit your monthly cap and, surprise surprise, they're extortionate.

Dave

CF Legend
Chris Brown said:
Smithy said:

What data plan are you on? Ive been playing a fair bit on 3G and am amazed how little data its used. In total i've used only 109mb on Pokemon go since its release and thats been wandering around chessington, southampton and winchester.

According to my phone I've used 83mb of data for Pokemon Go which is pretty good I think! Smashed a gym to pieces that's by work the other day and while I was healing my Snorlaxe's (both from 10km eggs) someone else jumped into to gym! Was so annoyed, but it keeps being taken over, waiting for the site to be closed to take it over again.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've used 108 MB which is crazy, as most days I'm out 2-3 hours playing without wifi.

Just to be clear, if you want to force your eevee to evolve into one of the three, use these names...not the actual name...like I did...

Sparky- Jolteon
Rainy- Vaporeon
Pyro- Flareon

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We've been getting quite a few comments on our YouTube videos from people forgoing riding coasters in order to play Pokemon Go at parks instead. I can't imagine anyone here doing that or am I mistaken?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I'm enjoying Pokémon Go, but creds first, I'm at a park to enjoy the thrills and spills, not to catch Rattatas and Pidgeys.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Jordanovichy said:
I'm enjoying Pokémon Go, but creds first, I'm at a park to enjoy the thrills and spills, not to catch Rattatas and Pidgeys.

Yep, I'm the same way. Although I would play it in the queues if the waits were long, but my two park visits I've done since this game came out were absolutely dead with walk ons everywhere, so I have had no reason to play it while at the parks.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I think its been talked about how the number/type/strength of Pokemon that appear is based off the number of active players in that area. More people that play in the area, the more likely you are to catch strong, rare pokemon. Im currently at work, but I will try to find the article I read that from.

As for the Amusement Park factor: Everywhere is using Pokemon Go to help bring people into the park as an added incentive it seems. I think Ive seen at least 15 or so links just from Parks alone giving out a full rundown of where the stops are to what you should/shouldnt be doing while playing the game. I stated it elsewhere, but this game may bring in more visitors to parks/attractions that wouldnt normally go there. The family of 6 with only a couple of thrill seekers has something else to do inside these parks, and may spend longer times within the park with potential revisits.

As for myself, the best I got is a Pinsir, a Pidgeotto and a Paras/Growlithe of above 300, but below 500 in CP that would do piss-all to the gyms around me with Mon around the 1k+ range in Power.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I went to KBF about 2 weeks ago, with the intent to ride Ghostrider, only to be reminded it's summer and the wait was 90 minutes, and everything was over an hour.

So I walked the park, hit the stops and left.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I've got a random nice little Pidgeot today, which was quite nice, since I'm still quite a low level...

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
You can play it in a park and not get in the way of your day, like, multi-task!

We went to a huge lure meet in Central London today and it was amazing. Dorks everywhere putting down lures yay and going round in a huge group catching Pokemon.

I got a Gengar yay and he's now level 1000. Got +10 today which was amazing, including a Kabuto, a Grimer, a Magnemite, a Bulbasaur, a Clefairy yayyy.

It was fab.

peep

CF Legend
^I nearly went along to the event but wanted to go somewhere where if the servers collapsed I could just be enjoying a part of London I don't walk through every day.

Managed to catch loads that were new to me like a Scyther and mr mime. The locator kept telling me there were Charmanders around me in the Olympic Park but I failed to find any. Still it was a good day.

Should be hitting level 19 tomorrow and I've caught over 60 types of Pokemon so far. London is great for this game.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk