What's new

CF Lives 2019 Ideas Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Now that the closed season is nearly upon us (boooo!) I thought I'd get the ball rolling on where you lot might fancy going next year. This is just an ideas topic. Feel free to make suggestions!

Here are a few ideas rattling around in my brain:

Weekender, early July - Walibi Holland and Bobbejaanland. The RMC set to open on 1st July, and Bobbejaanland getting that new Gerst.

November / December - Phantasialand Wintertraum. This allows plenty of time for FLY to open, and we get to experience all the unique festivities of Wintertraum.

Ghosterforce : EITHER - Tripsdrill / Schwaben Park / Europa Park
OR Liseberg. (I am going to check out their Halloween event this weekend, so if it's good then this one could be tempting. The nice thing about doing a weekender in Gothenburg is you can get a bus straight to the park from the airport, so no car hire faff or long drives etc. Plus, you know, Valkyria. And night rides on Helix.)

Leipzig weekender - Belantis and Plohn

France trek - Futuroscope / Le Pal / Walibi Rhone Alps

What do you guys reckon, any of those sound good? Any parks you think would make a good Live in 2019?

EthC

Mega Poster
Id be up for Phantasialand and the Leipzig weekender. Would Finland work, Seeming as they are getting Taiga and I feel like the last time Coasterforce did a Finland Live, Junker at power park and Hyper at Linnanmaki didn't exist so that is something with potential? Also the idea for Ghosterforce at Europa sounds good, could also Try Rulantica also seeming thats opening next year. Sounds good to me Serena :p

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
US Live? US Live:
-Kentucky Kingdom
-Holiday World
-Indiana Beach
-SFGAm

+2 for everyone, as well as the fab Indiana woodies. Central location(should) make it easy-ish for everyone, and only 4 parks should make it simple to manage.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
All the ideas sound good. No idea what I'd be able to do out of them though. The only other thing that came to my mind was Heide for Colossos. Not sure how that would fit with anything though.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Looking at Tripsdril, they do a 'Indian Summer' event at the start of the month, with loads of pumpkins etc. Buuuuuuttttt at the end of the month for 2 days they do a 'Fire and Flame' event which looks cool

csm_CE-303_Feuer_Und_Flamme_9431024def.jpg

(though on the 4th of this year they have a event where you can take as many pumpkins away as you can after 4pm)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm all over that RMC at Walibi Holland, but would almost certainly be looking at doing Phantasialand on the same trip, no doubt swinging in to Toverland en route to have a quick rip on Fenix.
Ghosterforce at Europa sounds good but I will have only just got back from 'Murica then so we'll have to see what the funds are like for that one.
I've not even heard of those parks on the Liepzig and France weekenders, so they'll probably be a no, sorry.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I mean I am trying to get to Germany in June-August so a Live during that time would be fabulous.

US Live I would definitely consider a couple long weekend options.

- What GWaS mentioned
- Texas [SFOT. SFFT, ZDT, Kemah]
- CP. SFGAm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
It's about time I look into attending a CF Live. Would have to stick with the US for me.

I like GWAS's idea as well. I imagine CP and KI could be thrown in there pretty easily as well. I'm hoping to make a drive out to at least CP and back, and adding the KI, KK, and HW leg are tempting.

What about Kennywood for Steel Curtain?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
US Live? US Live:
-Kentucky Kingdom
-Holiday World
-Indiana Beach
-SFGAm

+2 for everyone, as well as the fab Indiana woodies. Central location(should) make it easy-ish for everyone, and only 4 parks should make it simple to manage.
Sounds ghastly ;)
Would work, but not for me I'm afraid, won't be flying over next year :(

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Liseberg during Halloween is faaaaaab, so that's defo something to consider. Park also opens at around noon and stays open until 11PM~
I'm also up for all the other suggestions :9

Ideas sound good so far, how about an off-season survival trip to efteling or bpb in February?
Usa wise, there's the new coaster at carowinds, which could early be included in a Dollywood and sfog trip.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Id be up for Phantasialand and the Leipzig weekender. Would Finland work, Seeming as they are getting Taiga and I feel like the last time Coasterforce did a Finland Live, Junker at power park and Hyper at Linnanmaki didn't exist so that is something with potential? Also the idea for Ghosterforce at Europa sounds good, could also Try Rulantica also seeming thats opening next year. Sounds good to me Serena :p

I was thinking Finland too, it’s been a while since the last CF live there and there’s been a fair amount of new stuff since.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Quite a few people seem to be looking at Leipzig, so that's probably a goer. Good for me, since I can extend out to grab Poland. I'd also do Finland again. Other than that, I'm fairly easy hopping on to whatever. My next year's empty at the moment.

Would it be reasonable to try a UK live somewhere to make it easier for new members to introduce themselves, or would we not get enough core members to make it worth it?

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Good plans so far, here are some ideas to throw into the mix:-

If F.L.Y opens earlier in the season - I think a trip should be in order AS WELL AS not 'instead' of the Wintertraum, as i'd love to do Wintertraum too. Phantasialand in infinately re-visitable so shouldn't be a problem, also it's easy to combine with other centra europe parks Also if FLY does open in good time, not sure I can wait till next Winter to visit!

In terms of the French trek, I did wonder if a good Ghosterforce would be...... start Nigloland (their Halloween looks beautiful).......LePal(no halloween but halfway mark).......Walibi Rhode Alps(which does have a Walibi Halloween).

ANOTHER ghosterforce idea would be to follow the 2017 route-ish START Phantasialand instead of Movie Park (should F.LY. be open) onto Heide should Colossus be open then finish at Hansa for their magical autumn event (no new cred but new drop tower, always a warm welcome and KARNAN!) - maybe mix in with somewhere that does a scare event too OR fly/sail to Gothenburg Liseberg... from Hamburg/Lubeck?? Maybe start on a Thurs Phantasialand etc

Also if Ghosterforce DOESN'T end up being Europa/Tripdrill - I think this should still happen as a live! maybe in June or Sept.... Maybe that 'Indian Summer' event as someone mentioned above!

Bobbejaanlandejaan to Walibi Holland, I'd be up for, could it start in Walibi Belgium for those who need the Tiki-Waka cred? (the big creds not opening till 2021 anyway)

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Quite a few people seem to be looking at Leipzig, so that's probably a goer. Good for me, since I can extend out to grab Poland. I'd also do Finland again. Other than that, I'm fairly easy hopping on to whatever. My next year's empty at the moment.

Would it be reasonable to try a UK live somewhere to make it easier for new members to introduce themselves, or would we not get enough core members to make it worth it?
I'd be up for scooping up Poland too JayJay....

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
If you end up at le pal, you could also add in Parc des combes - Family boomerang, alpine coaster, toboggan, and a couple of bonkers flats..

Status
Not open for further replies.