What's new

CF Lives 2019 Announcements [ALL ANNOUNCED]

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm planning to book this flight too, assuming it's the one going out friday and returning monday?

That's the one mate.
Mrs Howie not arsed about this trip, so if Mrs witchfinder is not arsed either, potential there to buddy up on accommodations?
Earplugs optional, of course. ;)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
That's the one mate.
Mrs Howie not arsed about this trip, so if Mrs witchfinder is not arsed either, potential there to buddy up on accommodations?
Earplugs optional, of course. ;)
Yep, I don't think she'll be coming but I'll confirm soon enough. I was intending to hire a car to get to and from Salou as well but we can work those details out later.

I'm off work on the Portentura dates as well, so would be up for that. I Would also be up for sharing a hotel room too. The park's own hotel has a room for 4 aduts on the 31st which woud give access to both parks for 2 days for €288 total / (€ 72 each) - whch isn't too bad if you consider that a 2 day2 park ticket on its own is € 61, so it would be € 11 each extra to stay on site at the park. I've stayed at the park a coule of time and it's nice. Alternatively, Salou has quit a lot of hoiday appartments within walking distance of the park that coud be another option

Satanspropaganda

Mega Poster
I'm off work on the Portentura dates as well, so would be up for that. I Would also be up for sharing a hotel room too. The park's own hotel has a room for 4 aduts on the 31st which woud give access to both parks for 2 days for €288 total / (€ 72 each) - whch isn't too bad if you consider that a 2 day2 park ticket on its own is € 61, so it would be € 11 each extra to stay on site at the park. I've stayed at the park a coule of time and it's nice. Alternatively, Salou has quit a lot of hoiday appartments within walking distance of the park that coud be another option
That's an amazing deal! Would consider that for sure

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The park's own hotel has a room for 4 aduts on the 31st which woud give access to both parks for 2 days for €288 total / (€ 72 each)

I'm totally on board for some of that.
Had already looked into staying on site from Friday through to Monday (3 nights) but it was coming up with nothing available, never thought to to try looking for fewer nights. Will require a bit of hotel-hopping but that's no big drama, worth it for the park entry deal. :)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm totally on board for some of that.
Had already looked into staying on site from Friday through to Monday (3 nights) but it was coming up with nothing available, never thought to to try looking for fewer nights. Will require a bit of hotel-hopping but that's no big drama, worth it for the park entry deal. :)

Also on board for this. I'll only be staying the Saturday night though.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'm booked on the same flight as @Howie now for the PortAventura trip. Didn't get it quite as cheap and was considering flying with Vueling instead as they have a flight at virtually the same time for a few quid less, but then I read their reviews :oops: so Ryanair it is - better the devil you know!

IS it worth stating a new topic fo PA planning?
I'll be flying from manchester to barcelona and maybe renting a car, as last few times it's been incredibly cheap to do so. I wouldn't of minded adding on tibidabo as I got spited by some of the creds there, but it appears it's only open on the saturday and sunday we're at PA.

Satanspropaganda

Mega Poster
IS it worth stating a new topic fo PA planning?
I'll be flying from manchester to barcelona and maybe renting a car, as last few times it's been incredibly cheap to do so. I wouldn't of minded adding on tibidabo as I got spited by some of the creds there, but it appears it's only open on the saturday and sunday we're at PA.
I've been looking at doing the exact same! Can't drive, but was gonna fly in and get a train and a bus :) Want to do PA if possible, especially with the hotel deal

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Just checking, you're all staying the nights of the 29th and 30th?
I'm happy to book another room if people want to pile in.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm almost certainly coming to PA, haven't booked anything yet though. I'd probably be up for hotel and/or car sharing if things match up. I was thinking about flying from Newcastle, but I'm definitely game for flying from Manchester with other CFers if it makes things easier.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
There are some really cheap apartments in Salou for 3-5 people that work out at about £10pppn if we fill them, and since I'll be staying Fri-Mon I think I'm more inclined to book those than have to faff around moving to and from the on-site hotel. Pretty sure I'll be hiring a car so as long as the times line up there should be room for a couple of extras to fit in - it's way easier, quicker and possibly cheaper to drive than have to get the train into Barcelona and then out to Salou.

Link to those apartments for reference: https://www.expedia.co.uk/Salou-Hot...9/11/2019&chkout=2/12/2019&rm1=a3&paandi=true