CF Lives 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
2016 was amazing and I want the same again in 2017, even if there doesn't seem like much is going on!

Here's where we're thinking of going with a rough time of year. Nothing is set in stone yet so if you're tempted to attend one, two or them all, please let me know your thoughts about the time of year etc! Other park suggestions will be considered but TBH, I think I've settled on this list....but I can easily be persuaded otherwise by a good argument and the promise of sweets.

Start of season - Vienna
Easter time - Blackpool
Before summer holidays - Plopsa/Asterix
Late summer - Chessington/Thorpe
Early November - Alton Fireworks
Early December - Port Aventura
New Years Eve/Day - Europa Park

USA - I do not have any plans to visit the USA in 2017. If a Mod or a respected member wants to take on a USA Live, please let me know!

CONFIRMED DATES!
8 April - Vienna
Have checked, the parks open on the 1st April so this gives locals and die hard goons a chance to go on opening weekend, we'll go weekend after! Prater will be the main Live but I'm sure Family Park and the other +1's will happen on the Sunday.

20 May - Blackpool
Nothing new to get excited about this year but it's Blackpool! This date avoids the bank holidays.

1/2 July - Asterix/Plopsa
@Serena, I did see your request for early June but needed to give a big enough gap between Lives and give both parks enough time to get their creds open! Really don;t want to postpone for another year!

Sun 10 Sept - Chessington
Hopefully quiet enough after the summer holidays for a pleasant get together.

13-15 Oct - GhosterForce (Movie, Hiede, Hansa)
Oooo, Friday 13th. Have checked the dates, the Halloween stuff is on at the parks. Have left Hansa for Day 3 in case people want to go off to Denmark afterwards. This will be a late finish on the Sunday. I will organise everything again so please don't book flights or time off work until I've worked out a cost and you're guaranteed a place. By end of Feb, promise.

5 Nov - Alton Towers
Yay! Fireworks on actual Firework Night! Don't expect to get a lot done, but it's really all about the fireworks.

2/3 Dec- PortAventura World
I've noticed they call themselves PortAventura World now (PAW for short). This is the weekend before two Spanish public holidays so it should be reasonably quiet. Please book your own travel/accommodation etc, as I doubt I'll get a better deal as a group. I remember a few years ago it was cheap as premium chips, with hotel, two days park and early entry being a bargain.

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just realised (thanks to nadroJ) that I've left out GhosterForce.

Halloween time - Hansa, Heide and Movie Park. TBH, not looked at a map or the events the parks in that area yet, so I'll flesh that out later. But suggestions welcome!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, depending on when the actual set dates end up being I'm up for all of them in theory, bar Blackpool.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I probably won't be up for leading a big US trip again like last year because I'll be heading to Europe in 2018. That said, if there is interest in a So Cal live, I can organize it, but even that might want to wait til 2018.

Really no additions are making it essential for US trip next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Probably will come along to all the UK Lives, plus Ghosterforce again. I think I've mentioned it before, but Heide to Movie Park is quite a stretch (around 4 hours of driving). There's Schloss Beck next to Movie Park though, which has my ever first cred inside. Happy to get in touch with them prior to the event to see if we can get in real quick for the +1! :)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Oh Asterix!!! Burdenous, burdenous people (It's a great park but I've ended up taking people for about the last four years in a row - can't you all get organised and go at once!) Yeah, I might do Plopsa with Bagatelle instead.

Also might skip on Vienna as it's expensive and I went last year (unless maybe you are thinking of tying in Family Park or something else kiddy nearby, I'd like to get those mopped up as part of a group as I'm too embarrassed to go alone).

Otherwise I'm down for everything. Nice to see PortAventura back in the line-up. I've really missed going there, it gets me in the Christmasy mood with all the evil Santas, the Christmas Vulture, stupid music, dancers in Christmas negligee ect.

GhosterForce was such a success this year. So happy to be dumping the UK parks again and jetting off to the far superior mainland. Proper excitement over that THING in Movie Park (and to be back on the amazing Neverending Story rapids). Cannot wait for this, a year is too long to wait.

Sad that Poland is yet again postponed but obviously the hyper is worth the wait. TBH flights are so cheap, I might just pop out for the weekend next year anyway and tie it in with some other stuff (maybe Romania).

Anyway, plans. Fab :)

Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
Noticed nobody has mentioned anything about Europa for New Years. Thoughts on this?

And Neo, we've done WAY longer drives than that (Sweden anybody?!) and we can easily split that into two two hour drives.

Ben

CF Legend
Sue, why would you moan about already having been to Asterix this year and then say you're going to go to Poland knowing that we're all going to go next year?!

Europa for NYE will be spectacular I'm so excited.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Two years in a row is fine (especially when there's going to be a new hyper). Five years in a row of tedious driving through Northern France is less appealing.

Ben

CF Legend
Guess the answer is simple then - don't come. Everyone else wants to go for the great park and big new ride sooo.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Hooray for plans!
I'm down for most of that.
Quick question... what's in Vienna, and why do we want to go there?
At some point me & Mrs Howie will be having 2 weeks in 'Murica, possibly around October/November so that might clash with Ghosterforce and/or Fireworks but apart from that, yup.
Blackpool yup.
Plopsa & Asterix definite yup.
Thorpe n Chessie yup.
Port Aventura in December? Seems an odd time to go (but odd in a good way). Do they have some groovy Christmas thing going on or sumat? Whatever, if the park is fully open then that's a definite yup. I need Shambz in my life...
Europa Park for New Years Eve huh? That sounds kinda cool, are they known for a good new year shebang? I would hope that the creds are available - I need Blue Fire and Wodan in my life too... but whatever, I'm in. Mrs Howie would probably be up that one too.
So yeah, hooray for plans!

TilenB

Strata Poster
This doesn't sound like the most exciting of schedules from my point of view. I might be up for Vienna, depending on whether I'll have time then. What's the 'plan' for that live? Prater and Familypark?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hooray for plans!
I'm down for most of that.
Quick question... what's in Vienna, and why do we want to go there?
At some point me & Mrs Howie will be having 2 weeks in 'Murica, possibly around October/November so that might clash with Ghosterforce and/or Fireworks but apart from that, yup.
Blackpool yup.
Plopsa & Asterix definite yup.
Thorpe n Chessie yup.
Port Aventura in December? Seems an odd time to go (but odd in a good way). Do they have some groovy Christmas thing going on or sumat? Whatever, if the park is fully open then that's a definite yup. I need Shambz in my life...
Europa Park for New Years Eve huh? That sounds kinda cool, are they known for a good new year shebang? I would hope that the creds are available - I need Blue Fire and Wodan in my life too... but whatever, I'm in. Mrs Howie would probably be up that one too.
So yeah, hooray for plans!

Prater and Family Park are in Vienna, it's +17 from a cred POV plus a fab city to explore.
Port Aventura in December is something we've done a few times before. Park is dead but everything is open and resort hotels are cheap as chips, so loads of night riding on Shambhala and fab drinking in the hotel bar afterwards.
Europa Park is a similar deal, all the rides seem to be open plus they do a big NYE party!

Ben

CF Legend
TilenB - what sort of places would you like to see?

It's a hard year because we've either just done the main places or places are just about to get something else - I think for a difficult year the line up is actually really great - hitting up the small list of what is actually new in Europe and going to some old favourites.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Sounds fun. I'll likely do what I did last year and see what longer trips I can tack onto the European lives. Just to clarify, are you thinking of doing Europa over two days?

nadroJ

CF Legend
^The way I see it is it'll be two days at Europa for the official live then it's an easy place to do add ons with should people want.

TilenB

Strata Poster
TilenB - what sort of places would you like to see?

It's a hard year because we've either just done the main places or places are just about to get something else - I think for a difficult year the line up is actually really great - hitting up the small list of what is actually new in Europe and going to some old favourites.
Perhaps I didn't exactly choose the right word. The main Euro Lives (Plopsa/Asterix and GhosterForce) seem to be at the time of the year, when I probably won't be able to join and the other few are mostly the parks/places I've just done this year. I did say from my point of view, generally, it does seem to be quite a good line-up, with a lot more events than this year (?).
Prater and Family Park are in Vienna, it's +17 from a cred POV plus a fab city to explore.
Where did you get a +17 from? Prater has 11 and Familypark has 3 (that is, if you count Butterflies). Well, if you're die-hard, there is also a +1 elsewhere in Vienna and an Alpine Coaster on the outskirts of the city (that may or may not be open in early season). Speaking of which, there is also a small place with a +2/3 (depends on your count) on the Austrian/Czech border, about an hour North of Vienna, if anybody's up for a bit of cred whoring. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.