What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point will be decommissioning the Good Time Theatre for future expansion. The theatre recently hosted an ice skating show and acrobatic troupe, but originally opened as one of the world's first IMAX movie theaters.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article ... ain-Closes

Screenshot.png

The Cedar Point 2016 and beyond ride addition speculation - begins.
occasion14.gif

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Cedar Point Closes Good Time Theatre - 2016+ Speculation

Ok, so Cedar Fair likes B&M, right? Ok, so I think it'll be a launched inverted AquaTrax with a loop.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Whatever it is it better have at least 6 lift hills of Matt won't be happy.

bmac

Giga Poster

It's going to take a complete lap around the peninsula, calling it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

At present, I am hanging my hat on a family dark ride, similar to Mountain Guardians and Iron Reef.

Of course we want another roller coaster in the lot, but family attractions could still use some beefing up after the removal of White Water Landing (Shoot the Rapids is a more authentic water ride as riders truly get wet, unlike the mild splash of an Arrow flume), Space Spiral, Paddlewheel Excursions, and now the Good Time Theater.

Could it be a roller coaster/dark ride combo? Possibly - that would at least fulfill the hopes of those who are looking simply for a credit as the next addition. :razz:

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Spinner, Dark Ride, or flat ride. Looks like there isn't much space they are dealing with here.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

In all honesty, I think they'll either gut the inside and either add on/leave the building to put in a dark ride, or remove the entire building and add in a flat ride. But what CP really needs is a coaster for the little ones. I'm not talking Pipe Scream, I'm talking Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers or a Vekoma Roller Skater. The best they have is Wilderness Run/Gemini Jr, which is over 35 years old. They really need something for kids that are 2-3 years old. My 3yr old brother couldn't ride a single cred besides Wilderness run. /end rant

EDIT: I now realize that CP has Woodstock express. But both this and Wilderness run are in Camp Snoopy, so I think there should be another one closer to the main entrance, so families don't have to walk to the back of the park.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Disaster Transport: Mission 2 - Still Searching for Alaska

Intricks

Strata Poster

A memo from Bolliger & Mabillard, based in Switzerland, appears to detail a new $15 million coaster tagged in the memo as The Dive Coaster.

Clicky-poo

So this came to light. Cedar Point has openly said that B&M has drafted a Dive Machine for that location.

This ride is just one of the proposed attractions being looked at for that area.

Cost would be 15 million for it, which would put it around Krakes cost, right? So something along that size roughly?

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Krake was €12,000,000 so it could be anything special. It'll most probably be a clone if not completely unique.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Costs in the US are significantly lower, but $15 still seems cheap for a B&M of any sort. :S

marc

CF Legend

It would need a good layout due to the other two in the usa. If they go for something like Krake it's not going to impress anyone.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Its limited room use (figuring they dont get rid of one of the car rides near there), so I think a smaller, more compact layout would work wonders for it.

I actually think a smaller layout would actually do well up at the Point.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I wonder how the GP will react when they realize how similar the outer seats on Dive Coasters are to GateKeeper.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^"Yay, it's like GateKeeper"?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I am a skeptic on the small layout design for Cedar Point, as history has shown that Cedar Point rarely goes for "small" or "compact". At least what we have seen thus far for the small-scale B&M dive machines seems a bit lackluster and short for such a mainstream park.

It will be intriguing to see what project CP proceeds with for 2016.

Martyn B

CF Legend

They have a 420ft coaster with a vertical drop, so a small dive machine would be a strange move IMO.

tribar

Mega Poster

Joey said:
Costs in the US are significantly lower, but $15 still seems cheap for a B&M of any sort. :S

You're right. $15 is very cheap for a B&M.

Hutch

Strata Poster

Martyn B said:
They have a 420ft coaster with a vertical drop, so a small dive machine would be a strange move IMO.
Yeah, with TTD, Maverick's 95 degree drop and Wicked Twister's vertical drops, I always thought a dive machine wouldn't make sense.

Interesting move though. I like dive machines, but I hope it's something a bit different than the others instead of just a drop-immlemann-brakes thing.