What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Gotta get traveling! Just Cedar Point is limiting your potential! And yes, while the RMC's I've ridden, which is more then most, have been good.. when you assume things such as "it wont fail because it's at CP" and "they've made limited mistakes", you're setting yourself up for an enormous letdown. That's why you've seen me be the anti-hype train on this thread for the most part. I know the goodness but I've been let down a few too many times.
I can't really travel because I am still in high school and I don't have parents like Taylor Bybee's who literally take him all around the country to ride roller coasters. They have the money to but they don't want to. I'm not like you where you're 30 with a paying job and able to go on roller coaster trips in or outside the United States at your will.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
^ I was 15-16 when I started doing trips on my own accord. Work and save!
I can't because I do three varsity sports and I have to run all summer long for cross country. The only downtime I get when I get home on a school night every day is 1 hour thats it. I wake up at around 5:30, go to school, have a two hour practice, two hour ACT tutoring session, then I still have to do homework. Plus my parents don't think I'm old enough to travel on my own to such places

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'm in the exact same spot @llCoasterN3rdll , so I know how busy your schedule can be. Obviously you can't go on these massive road trips all the time, but you can try to work amusement parks into your pre-existing trips. The trick I used is that I convinced my family to take me to a park that's near a College I want to visit. So when I went to Iowa State, I hit up Adventureland on the way. When I went to Purdue, I went to Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom. It's not too hard to convince them and only adds a day to your trip, if not just a few hours. Once we get out of school, then we'd be able to have much more freedom. :)

By the way, good luck with Cross Country and the ACT!

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
I'm in the exact same spot @llCoasterN3rdll , so I know how busy your schedule can be. Obviously you can't go on these massive road trips all the time, but you can try to work amusement parks into your pre-existing trips. The trick I used is that I convinced my family to take me to a park that's near a College I want to visit. So when I went to Iowa State, I hit up Adventureland on the way. When I went to Purdue, I went to Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom. It's not too hard to convince them and only adds a day to your trip, if not just a few hours. Once we get out of school, then we'd be able to have much more freedom. :)

By the way, good luck with Cross Country and the ACT!
Thank you. I'm actually in the midst of track season right now. Usually if I do well in the 800m or get first, my dad will surprise me with a trip to Cedar Point (we have a platinum pass so we basically go every week when it is open during the school year). The nice thing is, because we get there pretty late (4/5PM) when he takes me after a XC or Track meet, he buys the Fast Lane Plus every time we go (which is around 9-10 times a year)

Pear

Strata Poster
A few years ago when I was doing college visits my parents gave me one theme park in exchange for each college visit I did. We did Duke and UNC (which I now attend) for KD and Carowinds and BGW for William and Mary.

My family isn't big into themeparks so they don't like going. It's much better now that I have a job and can go on my own as I can finally get to the parks I've been wanting to go to for a long time.

Pear

Strata Poster
New blog post from Tony about his ride!

sv1r2.jpg

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I can't really travel because I am still in high school and I don't have parents like Taylor Bybee's who literally take him all around the country to ride roller coasters. They have the money to but they don't want to. I'm not like you where you're 30 with a paying job and able to go on roller coaster trips in or outside the United States at your will.
Watch it buddy. I’m good friends with him and have actually done several trips with him and I can assure you that isn’t the case. Don’t talk **** when you don’t know **** bro.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m good friends with him and have actually done several trips with him and I can assure you that isn’t the case.
Wow! That's cool! Have you ever appeared in one of his videos, out of interest? I'm a huge fan of Taylor's channel!

Anyway, about Tony Clark's blog post, it's very encouraging to see him give it that level of praise. I know that he can't really slag it off, as it's his ride, but his review seemed very honest and very technical, with lots of comparisons to other rides, so his review has instilled me with great faith that Steel Vengeance will be fantastic!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Whelp..........that doesnt look to lose its pace at all.

August needs to hurry up and get here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This thing will only get faster! Hopefully reassuring of anyone left with pacing concern.