What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Snoo

The Legend
No I agree with you but we also have to keep in mind that WC doesn't run the best wheels (it would run a lot better if it had the newer wheels), NTG was RMC's first coaster so they wanted to be safe, and IR does have that section on top of the quarry wall. But other than that I see where you're coming from. I wish the Instagram community was more civilized about this XD. A lot of people were quick to point out that it is running super slow without even considering the fact it is Ohio in March/April and its testing

Don't forget about the ride design as well. WC is smaller and slower, causing pacing issues in the latter half as mentioned. Youre correct with NTG but as TG was a reverse clone of Mean Streak, it is VERY tough not to make that comparison. Also, if you look at their bigger creations as of late, such as Wildfire which is 183ft tall, it still had pacing issues in the latter half. The ride is HAULING and is amazing in the beginning but many share my thoughts that they could have ended it earlier and made it even better.

That being said, Wildfire is my number 5. So, as easy as it is to be bouncing off the walls excited, I can still see where the shortfalls can come, especially given the number of RMC's I've been on.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Youre correct with NTG but as TG was a reverse clone of Mean Streak, it is VERY tough not to make that comparison.

Wait, I think i'm obviously missing something, but I swear Texas Giant and Mean Streak had very different layouts?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Mean Streak:
TXGiant3.jpg

Texas Giant:
100730_CedarPointMeanStreak.jpg

There were some minor differences, but overall, Mean Streak was the 'Bigger Brother' of Texas Giant.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ This isn't the first time RMC opted to go under, rather than over, the lift hill. New Texas Giant also lost it's over-lift hill turnaround for a series of hills underneath.

This is a good move, as Dinn Corp./CCI lift hill turn arounds historically slowed the pace way down on their rides. For Ghostrider, it is even used as the MCBR. Opting to stay low will help keep the speed and pacing up.

View attachment 1122 View attachment 1123
Almost like we were talking about this a year ago. ;)

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Don't forget about the ride design as well. WC is smaller and slower, causing pacing issues in the latter half as mentioned. Youre correct with NTG but as TG was a reverse clone of Mean Streak, it is VERY tough not to make that comparison. Also, if you look at their bigger creations as of late, such as Wildfire which is 183ft tall, it still had pacing issues in the latter half. The ride is HAULING and is amazing in the beginning but many share my thoughts that they could have ended it earlier and made it even better.

That being said, Wildfire is my number 5. So, as easy as it is to be bouncing off the walls excited, I can still see where the shortfalls can come, especially given the number of RMC's I've been on.
my only defense is that rmc probably wasn't thinking about having NTG very fast paced as with their newer RMC's. They definitely considered their pacing problems now more than ever. Plus I don't think RMC would build a coaster to have insane pacing issues for a park as big as CP. Or for CF as a whole. Plus this ride stays pretty low to the ground in the second half and the elements aren't as tight on WC. Because RMCs tend to loose their pacing when they go through a tight inversion or turn. Also I didn't realize how close in resemblance TG and MS were.

Snoo

The Legend
my only defense is that rmc probably wasn't thinking about having NTG very fast paced as with their newer RMC's. They definitely considered their pacing problems now more than ever. Plus I don't think RMC would build a coaster to have insane pacing issues for a park as big as CP. Or for CF as a whole. Plus this ride stays pretty low to the ground in the second half and the elements aren't as tight on WC. Because RMCs tend to loose their pacing when they go through a tight inversion or turn. Also I didn't realize how close in resemblance TG and MS were.

They're always thinking pacing. The fact that Wicked Cyclone and Wildfire both experience that problem, and to a lesser degree Storm Chaser before the new wheels, speaks to the fact that while RMC is definitely improving, problems such as this do arise. And to be honest, this type of problem can and does happen. It's not something to overanalyze to be honest.

I do agree with your assessment however, I don't feel that will be a major problem but I reserve judgement until my booty is in the brake run. :)

codeman94

Mega Poster
my only defense is that rmc probably wasn't thinking about having NTG very fast paced as with their newer RMC's. They definitely considered their pacing problems now more than ever. Plus I don't think RMC would build a coaster to have insane pacing issues for a park as big as CP.

THIS. ^ I'm sure RMC has learned a ton over the years, and when Cedar Point came calling, they new they had to make it amazing. There's no way that they screwed this up.

Snoo

The Legend
THIS. ^ I'm sure RMC has learned a ton over the years, and when Cedar Point came calling, they new they had to make it amazing. There's no way that they screwed this up.

You have too much confidence in RMC. No one is perfect. Look no further then Lightning Rod and it's problems. Yes, it was a new design, but you can still have issues regardless.

Also, be sure you jump off the fanboy bandwagon. Your Cedar Point boner is showing. Lets not blindly love something just because it's at Cedar Point.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
You have too much confidence in RMC. No one is perfect. Look no further then Lightning Rod and it's problems. Yes, it was a new design, but you can still have issues regardless.

Also, be sure you jump off the fanboy bandwagon. Your Cedar Point boner is showing. Lets not blindly love something just because it's at Cedar Point.
Lets be honest. Alan Schilke and Fredd Grub probably nutted when CP called lol. I would have because your creation is about to become part of a legendary collection of coasters. I'm just excited because its gonna be my first RMC and it could very well be the best RMC or one of the best. Plus I love airtime and I've heard RMC airtime is freakin' nut worthy

codeman94

Mega Poster
I've never ridden an RMC... I'm just going by how much you all gush about them. Lightning Rod can't be that bad if you think its the best coaster.

...and yes, the reason I've never ridden an RMC is because CP doesn't have one...:oops:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Lets be honest. Alan Schilke and Fredd Grub probably nutted when CP called lol. I would have because your creation is about to become part of a legendary collection of coasters. I'm just excited because its gonna be my first RMC and it could very well be the best RMC or one of the best. Plus I love airtime and I've heard RMC airtime is freakin' nut worthy
Eh, I mean they were given a blank canvas with Lightning Rod with no pre existing layout to deal with. They can be a lot more creative there than with Mean Streak structure. I'm sure they knew as their products improved and they had a large book of business, they would call. And they did.

I'm the original RMC fanboy on this site, but let's hold off on calling this the best thing since sex. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment thinking that way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
Eh, I mean they were given a blank canvas with Lightning Rod with no pre existing layout to deal with. They can be a lot more creative there than with Mean Streak structure. I'm sure they knew as their products improved and they had a large book of business, they would call. And they did.

I'm the original RMC fanboy on this site, but let's hold off on calling this the best thing since sex. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment thinking that way.

oh no I won't be disappointed. It is very very hard to disappoint me. I'm too open minded and love nearly every thing I ride lol. A lot of coaster enthusiasts are way too picky but I could give a rats ass what it does. Valravn blew me away so hard that it came out as my number one for a while and I was expecting it to be my number one. The Cyclone at Coney Island. That blew me away. That became my number one woodie even though I predicted it and that's all I thought about for a week. Nearly every ride at Dorney Park blew me away. I came in thinking Steel Force and Hydra would be my number one hyper and floor-less and they were. So yeah. I'd have to be really excited for something in order to be disappointed.

oh no I won't be dissapointed. It is very very hard to disappoint me. I'm too open minded and love nearly every thing I ride lol. A lot of coaster enthusiasts are way too picky but I could give a rats ass what it does.

plus I just like to enjoy the ride. That's why the whole pacing arguments annoyed me. Because so many enthusiasts focus on the bad and don't focus on why the ride was truly built. I say if you honestly had an amazing time on a roller coaster then it should be your number one. Cyclone is my number one woodie because its so historical and fun the ride. Valravn became my favorite coaster of all time for a bit because it was fun. If a roller coaster was fun then why is it disappointing? I mean, isn't that the main purpose of a roller coaster? To be fun?

MOD EDIT: Please don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snoo

The Legend
I've never ridden an RMC... I'm just going by how much you all gush about them. Lightning Rod can't be that bad if you think its the best coaster.

...and yes, the reason I've never ridden an RMC is because CP doesn't have one...:oops:

Gotta get traveling! Just Cedar Point is limiting your potential! And yes, while the RMC's I've ridden, which is more then most, have been good.. when you assume things such as "it wont fail because it's at CP" and "they've made limited mistakes", you're setting yourself up for an enormous letdown. That's why you've seen me be the anti-hype train on this thread for the most part. I know the goodness but I've been let down a few too many times.