What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Ravensrulz

Roller Poster
After going through the dynamics of the lift hill, we are definitely looking at around 210-215 in height. With speeds around 80-85 mph. They have yet to extend the drop track as of yet. Its a tight squeeze in there, so I suspect they will not go above 215, with about a 70-80 degree drop. That would achieve the speed as mentioned.

balrog

Mega Poster
Does someone know the height and maybe width of the first hill ? It could give us a speed window that can translate into bounds on the lift height. I mean, assuming that they are intending to create airtime.

Ravensrulz

Roller Poster
Does someone know the height and maybe width of the first hill ? It could give us a speed window that can translate into bounds on the lift height. I mean, assuming that they are intending to create airtime.
Did you see the link in the thread on what geometrics had figured out about the height and speed of the ride?

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
Just can not wait for this to open. I spent my childhood going to cedar point have a season pass to Mickey World and there isn't a coaster there that matches Cedar Point. So I try to make a trip back home once a year not sure if I'm going to be able to do it this year. So I can make special plans next year.

djreplay26

Roller Poster
I just can't get my head around the first drop, going off of the existing lift hill and drop it just doesn't seem to line up with the track going into the first airtime hill.

codeman94

Mega Poster
I just can't get my head around the first drop, going off of the existing lift hill and drop it just doesn't seem to line up with the track going into the first airtime hill.
I see that too. But if its one thing I've learned since following this construction, seeing isn't' reality in a lot of the cases. There are a lot of layers to that structure, and the old track weaved in and out of it a lot. I'd say its premature to suggest that the first drop leads somewhere else other than to that first huge airtime hill turn... and that there could potentially be a launch later in the ride that propels the train through the potion of the track they've already built... and what we are seeing constructed right now is actually the second half of the ride, and the first half that the first drop will eventually propel we have yet to see.......wait...... nope....not prematre at all.... that's a fantastic theory, and we shouldn't let it die until it's full circuit!

Last edited:

Stevenr296

Roller Poster
New images are up on Screamscape. I'm not sure how to post the full size photos instead of the thumbnails so go ahead and check them out.

CoasterFreak225

Roller Poster
New images are up on Screamscape. I'm not sure how to post the full size photos instead of the thumbnails so go ahead and check them out.
Look like the new track is going into the opening under lift, like the original layout. According to that, the train will travel counter-clockwise around the layout after the turn under the lift. Unless, after the opening, the train will sharp left turn and go down in same direction as first drop.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Here's a quick note on posting pictures on the forums. You want to type code that looks like the following (I got the URL by right clicking the image, and selecting "Copy image address"):
Code:
[img]http://www.screamscape.com/assets/images/db_images/db_2017_0419_MeanStreak021.jpg[/img]
That way, you get:
db_2017_0419_MeanStreak021.jpg

Now for some of the other pictures from Screamscape (assuming these are the right ones, Screamscape is an awful website to navigate). I've only pulled out the interesting ones, the rest are either worse angles of the same thing, or just RMC track lying in the parking lot - and who gives a **** about that? ;)

db_2017_0419_MeanStreak011.jpg

db_2017_0424_MeanStreak31.jpg

Source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Last edited:

HDrider

Roller Poster
The first drop is a mystery... does not line up with track leading to the presumed first turn... seems like not enough room to "pull out" of the drop with comfortable/acceptable g forces...

Perhaps, there will be a massive "spiral" down first drop? Banking hard to the right and back under the structure... this would move the exit of the first drop back and to the left... lining up with the first turn...

What do you think?

I really do like the idea of a launch into the existing track... Cedar Fair has a big budget, no doubt, but this seems to add quite a bit to the structure and time line...

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
I originally thought they were going to just kind of add to the ride in elements and keep the layout somewhat similar to the old ride. But the more they do I am thinking you will be hard pressed to see more than one or two things from old mean streak. I mean look they even changed the runn up to the lift hill.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
@Bryan Wagner That's RMC MO. Take a look at the before and after of other Iron Horse projects; layouts have been modified more and more extensively as time has progressed.

Here is the full Screamscape photo dump from today. You can see the progress of the wave turn after the lift hill underpass in greater detail. (Photos were unfortunately loaded in very small size).

You can also see the last remaining of Mean Streak track in place, just to right of the first drop. It's tough to determine where the track goes from here. I'd love to see a double down cross underneath the first drop. We do know there will be low-to-the-ground trick track, based on photos I grabbed at the end of last season; this portion of track appeared to be on the return voyage back to the station however.

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Don't know why everyone's saying the bunny hill doesn't line up with the drop. Trust me, it does. I've gone through pictures and counted the footers. It lines up. That's the first thing I figured out about the new layout, that a minuscule bunny hill would follow the drop.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Don't know why everyone's saying the bunny hill doesn't line up with the drop. Trust me, it does. I've gone through pictures and counted the footers. It lines up. That's the first thing I figured out about the new layout, that a minuscule bunny hill would follow the drop.
Wow, well done because eyes can deceive. In all the pics it didn't seem to line up for me either.
So we have possibly a 200ish foot drop into a small hill? How is that even safe? lol

Sythe

Mega Poster
Wow, well done because eyes can deceive. In all the pics it didn't seem to line up for me either.
So we have possibly a 200ish foot drop into a small hill? How is that even safe? lol
It's a very small hill.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
It's a very small hill.

Yes, the airtime will be absolutely bonkers because of that, coming off what we think will be a near 200 foot drop. I was of course kidding, I know it's entirely safe

balrog

Mega Poster
What matter is not so much the size of the hill, but its curvature.
People sometime think that small hills always give ejectors while large ones tend to give floaters, but that's not it.

Sythe

Mega Poster
What matter is not so much the size of the hill, but its curvature.
People sometime think that small hills always give ejectors while large ones tend to give floaters, but that's not it.
True. But nowadays the only reason one would build a small his is to provide ejector airtime. (Unless it's at the end of the ride when it's slowing down)