What's new

Cedar Point Announces Cedar Creek Mystic Mine Ride for Halloweekends

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
#WhatsInTheShed, Cedar Point style! New Ride name will be Cedar Creek Mystic Timbers Mine Ride, with lighting effect added to the transfer track shed before the lift hill.
80b1e96703dc3079063957481ec35676.jpg

Cedar Point is putting a new twist on one of its oldest roller coasters. The Cedar Creek Mine Ride will now become known as the Cedar Creek Mystic Mine Ride. Calm down, coaster purists. The name change is only temporary. It’s being done as a fresh experience for Cedar Point’s annual HalloWeekends, which begins Friday, Sept. 15. Cedar Point promises the Mine Ride will feature new “special surprises" inside the covered section of track at the beginning of the ride after the coaster train initially leaves the station. “A section of the ride will be ‘themed,’” spokesperson Tony Clark tells WKYC. “But you’ll have to wait to find out #whatsintheshed…”

His #whatsintheshed tease is a direct connection to the marketing campaign used by sister park Kings Island when promoting the finale of their Mystic Timbers wooden roller coaster. What awaits riders inside the Cedar Creek Mystic Mine Ride shed is currently a mystery. We tried, but Clark wouldn’t divulge any additional details. Cedar Creek Mine Ride is Cedar Point’s second oldest roller coaster. It first opened in 1969.
Personal bet? Some type of projector setup and possible lighting effect.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
To be fair though, when I read the title, I presumed this was going to be some VR thing, so I guess this is better than that.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm honestly expecting the shed projections to be put on the brake run and that's it. Like, KI's exact shed animations.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm honestly expecting the shed projections to be put on the brake run and that's it. Like, KI's exact shed animations.
special effects will be in the transfer track shed, right before the lift. This may be cool, as the train is always going at speed through there, which would require the effects to deal with a moving, not stationary, train.

Whatever it is, it'll be fun; I have utterly zero expectations. :rolleyes:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Did this last week and it was ****ing hilarious. It was so lame to the point that random people were asking the ride ops if it was a joke and they openly admitted to trolling Kings Island.

"There's the projection of a spider in the first shed out of the station plus 80s music being played. Then, on the break run, there's a coke fridge with moss and plastic snakes inside it and, on top, a plastic tree with a scary face."

Lofty

CF Legend
Did this last week and it was :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing hilarious. It was so lame to the point that random people were asking the ride ops if it was a joke and they openly admitted to trolling Kings Island.

"There's the projection of a spider in the first shed out of the station plus 80s music being played. Then, on the break run, there's a coke fridge with moss and plastic snakes inside it and, on top, a plastic tree with a scary face."

I ****ing love Cedar Point. I bet it was Tony's idea. It sounds like the type of thing he'd promote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk