What's new

Pear

Strata Poster
You're right they definitely would spring for a bigger layout but at the same time I can't see the park opting for a Raptor over a Trex.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You guys know a raptor can have 2 person rows, it is not just a single rider per row ride. Raptor is more in reference to the track size, not train.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Loving some of the coaster ideas :) I think they may build a water coaster like the one at energylandia(Speed). But longer and taller knowing Cedar Point.
In theory that idea makes sense, but practically I’m not sure I can see them going for a ride with a similar system to Shoot the Rapids which they removed after only like 5 years of operation, and on top of that one with a finiickity vertical lift system. Unless Intamin have successfully assured them that the system is much more reliable now, but I’m still not sure.

I think another water ride would be good for the park though, as would a modern family coaster as has been mentioned earlier. A giant flyer also sounds scrumptuous to me, but I’m not sure they’re as much in-need of something like that. When they’ve added something like Steel Vengeance they shouldn’t really need a huge new thrill coaster for at least another 5 years, it’s getting overwhelming now ;)

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
In theory that idea makes sense, but practically I’m not sure I can see them going for a ride with a similar system to Shoot the Rapids which they removed after only like 5 years of operation, and on top of that one with a finiickity vertical lift system. Unless Intamin have successfully assured them that the system is much more reliable now, but I’m still not sure.

I think another water ride would be good for the park though, as would a modern family coaster as has been mentioned earlier. A giant flyer also sounds scrumptuous to me, but I’m not sure they’re as much in-need of something like that. When they’ve added something like Steel Vengeance they shouldn’t really need a huge new thrill coaster for at least another 5 years, it’s getting overwhelming now ;)

They won't. They just expanded their water park. They're leaving them split so the water ride argument is nice in theory, not fitting in reality. Hell.. even the water rides they have are barely populated on hot days while the water park is HOPPING.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I actually just thought of them adding a Pulsar clone (hell, they could put it where Wicked Twister is), but @Snoo has a good point. Adding a new water ride in the main park would almost discourage peeps from paying for the water park (well, not discourage, but give them a reason not to pay extra).

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
I think they should just mow the whole water park down. Waste of space if I ever saw one. ;)

Last edited:

Fizpez

Roller Poster
This isn't a 2020 thing but if we're talking CP and its future I have a theory about future development. Cedar Fair/Cedar Point bought all of the land that used to be occupied by a small airport on the mainland. They've build a sports park on the land, probably a half dozen soccer/baseball fields and a football field - there's still considerable open land closer to the bay. All in all the land has greater area than all of the current parking lots combined and is about 3 miles from the current CP parking lot. I could see them eventually moving all parking off the peninsula and connecting a new parking facility on the mainland by high speed tram to the park. It would almost double the usable land of the park - I'm guessing a lot of it would become hotel/overnight space but it certainly would open up a whole new world for rides.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I mean, Cleveland is trying to work a Hyperloop route that connects to Chicago. Why not add two quick stops in Sandusky. ;)

Nofacemovement

Roller Poster
I think, 2020 we will see magnum xl re-branded ,that why they building near it to extend and maybe transform it or make bigger, and they probably add a few normal coasters to. To have the most roller coasters in the world ,I think they might rebrand or transform mill force, because it been shut down a lot .

I think they are going rebrand and transform magnum xl 200 to magnum xl 2020, that why they are building foots near it ,there going make it taller and the first roll er coaster with two drops over 200.

Last edited by a moderator: