What's new

Matt N

CF Legend
^I mean there is more evidence against it being a spinner than for it being a spinner. I think whoever changed the title is just trolling.
Ah OK. Thanks @ATI! But it could still potentially be a spinner, in my opinion. We don't know anything until Carowinds' announcement on 30th August.

Lofty

CF Legend
I find this to be a weird one. Before Time Traveller, I wouldn't have said that this sort of layout could be a spinner and would imagine that it would've been just a normal Mack launch coaster, but there's something niggling with this that I do believe it'll be a spinner. It's cool to follow, because apart from the leaked layout, we really know nothing :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I mean there is more evidence against it being a spinner than for it being a spinner. I think whoever changed the title is just trolling, or knows something they shouldn't.
OR someone guessed and the rest of us don't care enough to change it.

I've changed it now. Just for you.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
On Instagram Carowinds replied to a user who mentioned the “25 seconds” of bringing the mixture to a full boil, and corrected the user to 2.5 seconds. This likely means it launches in 2.5 seconds. Unfortunately this caused a frenzy of Instagram users to think it launches to 107 mph (converted from 42 celcius) in 2.5 seconds, which is likely not the case, but 42 mph in 2.5 seconds is still pretty good and extremely likely at this point.
http://instagr.am/p/Bl-gQxah3lN/ The user is alex_currence (who Carowinds replies to)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
New clue from granny!

So it slows down to 35 mph (sounds like about the right amount of momentum loss) and then launches to 50 mph in 2 seconds. Sounds like they really plan to play up the launches, which makes sense as Carowinds is desperate for a launcher.

Let me guess, next step is to take all the ingredients out to the shed and let it rise? :p

EDIT: Took me forever to find this, why is it not stickied?

Last edited:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
New clue from granny!

So it slows down to 35 mph (sounds like about the right amount of momentum loss) and then launches to 50 mph in 2 seconds. Sounds like they really plan to play up the launches, which makes sense as Carowinds is desperate for a launcher.

Let me guess, next step is to take all the ingredients out to the shed and let it rise?

EDIT: Took me forever to find this, why is it not stickied?
Fixed that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If they are for Copperhead Strike, at least we know for fact it won't be a spinner. The colours work well with the supports anyways, so they are likely for this ride.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If that's all of the trains, then each train is only 3 cars long. I assume they still have another 3 cars to make however. Those zero cars don't look to have Icon/Helix lights either.

In the video where the gutly says "California", you can see the same cars, but unwrapped. I can't find the video though.

EDIT:- It seems the blueprints we have seen are likely legitimate after all, as support KIII is a support on the blueprints that has just showed up on the storage area:-
39394007_259462278027334_6464199262522572800_n.jpg

39404720_259462228027339_8170054921240969216_n.jpg

Pictures by Carowinds Fans Only.

Last edited:

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Are you sure it ain't gonna be a spinner?
The recipe show more hints and spinning than not spinning. "Stirring the pot"
Also the speeds seem to be more for a spinning launch coaster than for a normal launch coaster. (20% slower than helix and the exact same speed as time traveler.)
Also the length and duration of the coaster are realy similar to time traveler.
The 530teaspoons of sugar could mean the controlled rotation of 530 degrees (altough that doesn't seem to be much :p ) or it could be ofcourse a max speed of 53mph

I'd put my money on a spinner for sure.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
It’s not a spinner. Mack’s shipping information shows a different model name than Time Traveler:

https://www.reddit.com/r/path%3D%252Fr%252Frollercoasters%252Fcomments%252F95w4ep%252Fits_a_spinner%252Fe3w0am5
Okay that's good and all, I did read that before. But I think a shipping label is far from a reference to exclude a spinning coaster.
It is still a launched coaster... In fact, the tracks of an X-TREME coaster and a DUAL LAUNCH COASTER are almost the same. So if it was for the shipping of the tracks only it wouldn't matter at all. Actually the label would never matter.
I would even think they would name it "dual launch coaster" instead of "x-treme coaster" on purpose, because otherwise the event of the 30th would be pointless since everybody would know what it's gonna be ;)

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Why go through that trouble to trick less than 1% of your guests? We only know this because an enthusiast found the information and leaked it to a few more enthusiasts. The general public will not know or care about the shipping label.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
(Not been following this thread and no idea what's been announced.)

...But they put a spinning car on Blue Fire so not sure the label means anything.