What's new

evy0311

Roller Poster
Has anyone seen the new announcement from Carowinds? The next step in grannys secret recipe says: "Start by rolling ingredients into copper pot".

Well there's the word copper... But could this mean something about an indoor section, perhaps?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The original leaked layout shows a Hydra-esque barrel roll as the train leaves the station:

db_2019_Carowinds_MackLaunchLayout1_web1.jpg

This latest teaser means one of two things: it all but confirms that the leaks are legitimate, the ride will start with a barrel roll, and will be named Copperhead Strike, as rumored...or; this is a MASSIVE troll job.

evy0311

Roller Poster
On their Twitter Carowinds said it is 2.5 and not 25. So whatever it's launching too, it's doing it in 2.5 seconds...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

elephant58

Hyper Poster
That's unlikely. It would be tiny. Even Icon has a max speed of 53mph, and the first launch launches to 50mph, and this looks to be larger than Icon.
In what way does this look to be larger than Icon? Maybe in height sure, but length at most seems the same.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
In what way does this look to be larger than Icon? Maybe in height sure, but length at most seems the same.
Also don't forget with 16 Passenger trains this is LIKELY a spinner so an Icon comparison isn't at apt as it seems. Time Travelers launches are 0-47 in 3 seconds and from 30-45 in 3.5 seconds (according to RCDB) so 0-42 in 2.5 seconds may not be unreasonable to believe.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What infuriates me is that you can't bring something to a boil and have the contents only rise to 42*C. That's not how it works!

You can, actually, since boiling temperature is determined by the ambient atmospheric pressure. Just put the pot in a pressure chamber and lower the pressure to 0.08 atmospheres, and the water will boil nicely at 42*C.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I read @Antinos' post and though "Great, chance for me to a pedant!". I should not have doubted someone else would be there before me. :p

C'mon bud, you know better than to spout **** like that on here. ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Shame on me for not assuming STP...but if this ends up being a moonshine-runner themed ride, you'd have a higher pressure in the distiller instead of a vacuum. And why stop at 0.08 when you could just decrease pressure to triple point and then have some REAL fun :p