What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A bit hard to see, but the magnetic brakes are at the beginning of the mid course brakes:

1.666046.jpg
And also at the start of the final brake run.

Matt N

CF Legend
Um... hate to criticise him as he seems to know his stuff, but when he says about a 295ft tall lift hill, he says it would be the tallest in the park. Isn't he forgetting Leviathan, which is 306ft? Or is he referring to the drop? Nobody knows for sure, though. This guy certainly knows how to back up his opinions, so I trust that he knows what he's doing.

Or is this channel like the conspiracy theorists/flat earthers of the amusement industry, where they put a load of random stuff together to come to a possible conclusion? He seems to know what he's doing, though, so I believe him.

But I'm struggling to work out how we know how tall the lift hill's going to be from one footer?

Matt N

CF Legend
It's this.
Ah. Thanks for the clarification @Ethan! Will certainly be interesting to see whether they're right or not, though! As I said, he seems to know what he's doing, so there's a good chance we could be seeing a 295ft Dive Coaster here!

Out of interest, did they guess 205ft or anything close to that for SV's lift hill?

Pear

Strata Poster

Now he's saying that the lift is 90-95m long which means the ride will be over 300 ft tall. He also says he saw multiple MCBR's in the ride as well.

The best thing about the blueprints however is that this ride will also have a janky and uneven prelift just like Val!

82dade7861ea81b0661dfd1258e9952e-jpg.jpg

Another interesting thing to note is that the last support column is in the 90's range, whereas Valravn has about 42.

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yeah...no. I'm not even going to watch the video.

One thing that was pointed out in another discussion is that the blue prints clearly show three storage bays. With a three train operation, there is absolutely no reason to have more than one mid course brake run.

The tallest I can see this ride is about 250 feet, and if it actually is over 300 feet, I'll eat my shorts.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah...no. I'm not even going to watch the video.

One thing that was pointed out in another discussion is that the blue prints clearly show three storage bays. With a three train operation, there is absolutely no reason to have more than one mid course brake run.

The tallest I can see this ride is about 250 feet, and if it actually is over 300 feet, I'll eat my shorts.
I'll record it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Three storage bays can still have 4 train operation, and what if 2 cars can fit into each of the bays?

That's not the way B&M works. Every train on every one of their rides (unless there is some obscure Beemer overseas that I'm overlooking) has its own storage bay.

Plus what is shown on the blueprint matches Valravn's storage shed:

upload_2018-6-27_21-40-37.png

And Griffon's:

upload_2018-6-27_21-41-37.png

And Sheikra's:

upload_2018-6-27_21-42-33.png

And Dive Coaster's:

upload_2018-6-27_21-44-20.png

Etc etc...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
It all depends on how much room there is. The Manufactor will adjust accordingly.

Galactica/Air can fit all 3 trains in it's 1 long storage rail. They couldn't build a transfer track due to the listed deer wall next to the station which is why it's the only B&M flyer with 3 turntables. Also Nemesis is another example where there simply isn't enough room for a wider transfer track.

But more on topic, I very much doubt that this coaster will have more than on MCBR. And doubt it will go over 300ft. Canada doesn't have a dive coaster to my knowledge, even if they built a valravn or sheikra clone it would have some marketing power. I'm not expecting anything ground breaking here but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
It all depends on how much room there is. The Manufactor will adjust accordingly.

Galactica/Air can fit all 3 trains in it's 1 long storage rail. They couldn't build a transfer track due to the listed deer wall next to the station which is why it's the only B&M flyer with 3 turntables. Also Nemesis is another example where there simply isn't enough room for a wider transfer track.

But more on topic, I very much doubt that this coaster will have more than on MCBR. And doubt it will go over 300ft. Canada doesn't have a dive coaster to my knowledge, even if they built a valravn or sheikra clone it would have some marketing power. I'm not expecting anything ground breaking here but I'd like to be proven wrong.

While I very much agree that it likely won’t be too ground breaking in terms of dive coasters this is the highest attended seasonal park in North America we’re talking about. They attract a ton of people and it’s pretty clear over the last decade or so CF is serious about investing in this park. They really need another massive people eater. So I honestly wouldn’t be that shocked if it was 300+ and had a ton of blocks to help facilitate more trains then the average dive machine.