What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Is it possibly to stretch out the turn for the wide trains? Seems like they could still make it look better.

Snoo

The Legend
I mean.. it's a turn into the lift hill. The trains aren't exactly conventional as they're wide as hell. Don't worry guys. I'm sure the parts that matter will be pretty. :p

bob_3_

Giga Poster
It baffles me how this guy thinks parks are run... yeah I'd happily agree that we don't need that tripe on CF.

Onto the prelift. I know it's super geeky and a minor thing, but that kink in the track actually throws me abit. On Valravn I always thought it was a fault of the animator then it just appeared in real life too. B&M have always been perfectionists with their track design, even in the slow transit areas. This almost looks like what a prelift on a mid-80s coaster would do. Honestly it annoys me and I usually talk like the sun shines out of B&M's beautiful asshole.

I'm not trying to say I know better than the engineers here, but you can just see it's awkward and weird. Like... what are you doing? Maybe Bolliger and Mabillard are getting abit too old..

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's hard to tell from the angle of the pictures posted here, but it could be that the wonky turn doesn't look so wonky when you see how the trains move on it. If there's a change in banking, orientation and pitch at the same time, the track may look a little strange but the train execute the maneuver smoothly. The heartline for the turn may be beautifully curved, and that's the line the of motion the passengers experience. After all, the track and wheels are a solid meter or so below where they sit.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I literally can't think of any reason why they'd do it... Is it to add some force/sensation before the lift, maybe? Like what some RMC coasters have, (but crap)?

Snoo

The Legend
It's hard to tell from the angle of the pictures posted here, but it could be that the wonky turn doesn't look so wonky when you see how the trains move on it. If there's a change in banking, orientation and pitch at the same time, the track may look a little strange but the train execute the maneuver smoothly. The heartline for the turn may be beautifully curved, and that's the line the of motion the passengers experience. After all, the track and wheels are a solid meter or so below where they sit.

As @Lofty said, you definitely do notice it. You could tell on Valravn. I'm still perplexed as to why they'd do it short of the train? Maybe? That may be stretching it tho. They didn't really have a need on Valravn, especially as Gatekeeper which feels just as wide, just rolls on the track with drive wheels to the lifthill. Maybe space?

I'm just throwing **** against a wall and hope it sticks at this point.

Pear

Strata Poster
The coasterspiracy theorests are back again...
Based on a lot of rumors I've heard he isn't too far off on this one. Apparently the Valravn project was initially planned for CW but was later moved to Cedar Point where it was redesigned from scratch.

Then again I've only heard rumors so who knows?

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Ahhh yes the "I'm a shareholder" is a very valid reason that your conspiracy theories are more valid than other peoples, not like shareholders speculate all the time and are proven wrong.

Snoo

The Legend
The official POV released by the park was definitely made in 2105. The evidence is there.

giphy.gif

So is the evidence for Magnum sinking. And the 500ft Aquatrax. You know, those solid theories. OR! How about.. they pitched it to CW with that layout in.. you guessed it.. 2015! IT ALL MAKES SENSE! THE EARTH IS FLAT! CHEM TRAILS ARE REAL!

CW Brian

Roller Poster
giphy.gif

So is the evidence for Magnum sinking. And the 500ft Aquatrax. You know, those solid theories. OR! How about.. they pitched it to CW with that layout in.. you guessed it.. 2015! IT ALL MAKES SENSE! THE EARTH IS FLAT! CHEM TRAILS ARE REAL!

I didn’t mean to upset anyone enough to bring out the caps lock.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I didn’t mean to upset anyone enough to bring out the caps lock.
No one's upset. This site just has a disdain for Amusement Insiders and all the clickbaity fake content they produced around this ride. it's left a bad taste in a lot of our mouths so to speak.