What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Matt N

CF Legend
Amusement Insiders should move over to Britain when SW9 is being built at Alton Towers! They'll love all of Merlin's cryptic clues!

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
I can’t wait for it to be announced and to not be a giga. I’m sick and tired of seeing his stupid clickbait titles and thumbnails in my recommended.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
But... while I hate the clickbait and "leaks" that are totally overdone, I do have to say that I saw GIGA on that poster with very little trouble (and I don't have the best eyesight ever)

Hutch

Strata Poster
Well it's been a couple days since my guy posted a video so it's about time he's at it with another one... this time a full hour podcast speculating the whole thing.

I've only listened to the first couple minutes (don't plan on listening any more) and I'm already confused. Now he's says that he doesn't think it's gonna be a giga... after hyping up about it being a giga in his other hundred videos lol.

Pear

Strata Poster
Skyrider was a hidden gem.
Oh I know I rode it in its closing year and I thought it was great fun. I'm really happy it ended up getting relocated instead of scrapped. Overall, though I think Riddler is a much better ride.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
An interesting new teaser from the park

take the time to read the bio's. "Speculation is that it might be a roller coaster or a mountainous 213ft water slide with a coaster lift hill" I wonder if i'm reading too far into it or if they might have finally confirmed a height.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Random thought: That trademark for The Ledge seems to line up with the theme portrayed here. Maybe it’s been brought up but I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see that name go to this coaster. Maybe even an ominous “don’t go near The Ledge” type of tagline repeated in marketing and theming like MT’s shed?

Matt N

CF Legend
Random thought: That trademark for The Ledge seems to line up with the theme portrayed here. Maybe it’s been brought up but I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see that name go to this coaster. Maybe even an ominous “don’t go near The Ledge” type of tagline repeated in marketing and theming like MT’s shed?
#WhatsOverTheLedge ;)

In all seriousness, that's a pretty good shout, in my opinion! I always thought when I first heard that the name had been trademarked that The Ledge would be an awesome fit for a Dive Coaster! So an awesome guess on your part @Jarrett, and if it does turn out to be the name, Cedar Fair's ride naming department have knocked it out of the park with this one, in my opinion! To be fair to them, though, their names are always pretty good!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
#WhatsOverTheLedge ;)

In all seriousness, that's a pretty good shout, in my opinion! I always thought when I first heard that the name had been trademarked that The Ledge would be an awesome fit for a Dive Coaster! So an awesome guess on your part @Jarrett, and if it does turn out to be the name, Cedar Fair's ride naming department have knocked it out of the park with this one, in my opinion! To be fair to them, though, their names are always pretty good!
Flight Deck.

Ledge is not unique or great by any stretch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
#WhatsOverTheLedge ;)

The Ledge is filed in the United States, they have to file ride/attraction names for Canada's Wonderland in Canada. The last thing Cedar Fair filed was the slogan "It's Amazing In Here" which is what they've been using to market their non-CP parks.

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/home