What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
It’s too wide to be anything other than a dive. End of discussion. I don’t even know why it was brought back up :emoji_face_palm:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
B&M's dive coasters have a significantly different track architecture than the rest of their rides. Flyers, like all other B&Ms aside from the dive machines, utilize horizontally mounted drive wheels:

Crystal Wing:

aacocba

Starry Sky Ripper:

aaeksig

Shambhala:

aacjxja

Hair Raiser:

aacekba

Flight Deck:

aadzdaa

Flying Wing Coaster:

aaeqhzg

This architecture is compared to that of the full size dive machines, like SheiKra:

aabdgma

and Diving Coaster:

aacrqqa

And, as already pointed out in this thread, Valravn:

CROjQJOUAAAS6B8.jpg

Compared to the track for this current project:

35162198_10214580892983371_813128633022414848_n.jpg

The tire drive architecture is an exact match.

Oh, what about the bolt holes? Here's a flying coaster's track - Acrobat:

aadhfja

Six bolt holes spanning the width of the spine. Galactica actually utilizes less bolts, likely due to a lower stress in both of these segments:

aaecrka

Now compare Acrobat's and Galactica's hole pattern to that of the Canada's Wonderland track posted above. Full size dive machine track has approximately 40% larger spine to mitigate the load caused by the relatively densely packed train. Dive coaster actually has 11 bolts across in a high stress area:

aacpuva

Same with Griffon:

aabcrna

And Valravn:

13325700_10154859080653154_8094592453150555914_n.jpg

It's going. To be. A dive machine.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
B&M's dive coasters have a significantly different track architecture than the rest of their rides. Flyers, like all other B&Ms aside from the dive machines, utilize horizontally mounted drive wheels:

Crystal Wing:

aacocba

Starry Sky Ripper:

aaeksig

Shambhala:

aacjxja

Hair Raiser:

aacekba

Flight Deck:

aadzdaa

Flying Wing Coaster:

aaeqhzg

This architecture is compared to that of the full size dive machines, like SheiKra:

aabdgma

and Diving Coaster:

aacrqqa

And, as already pointed out in this thread, Valravn:

CROjQJOUAAAS6B8.jpg

Compared to the track for this current project:

35162198_10214580892983371_813128633022414848_n.jpg

The tire drive architecture is an exact match.

Oh, what about the bolt holes? Here's a flying coaster's track - Acrobat:

aadhfja

Six bolt holes spanning the width of the spine. Galactica actually utilizes less bolts, likely due to a lower stress in both of these segments:

aaecrka

Now compare Acrobat's and Galactica's hole pattern to that of the Canada's Wonderland track posted above. Full size dive machine track has approximately 40% larger spine to mitigate the load caused by the relatively densely packed train. Dive coaster actually has 11 bolts across in a high stress area:

aacpuva

Same with Griffon:

aabcrna

And Valravn:

13325700_10154859080653154_8094592453150555914_n.jpg

It's going. To be. A dive machine.

Ah, thank you. As someone who has not so great eyesight, that definitely made it a lot easier to see

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Have you folks heard that a teaser poster for this ride was placed in a window at Cedar Point? It ties theming across parks, suggesting that Maverick is hiring laborers for the new mining operation across the border.

If this is old news (although to my knowledge it broke yesterday), I’ll say no more. If it’s new to people, I’ll provide a link.

I just like the new level of playful creativity of leaking for one park with a very subtle message in another park, and the linking together of lore across CF parks.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Have you folks heard that a teaser poster for this ride was placed in a window at Cedar Point? It ties theming across parks, suggesting that Maverick is hiring laborers for the new mining operation across the border.

If this is old news (although to my knowledge it broke yesterday), I’ll say no more. If it’s new to people, I’ll provide a link.

I just like the new level of playful creativity of leaking for one park with a very subtle message in another park, and the linking together of lore across CF parks.
I saw/have heard about this but haven't been able to find any proof corroborating it so decided against posting it. Everyone's favorite/sarcasm Amuesment Insiders posted a video and was the only place i could find it and the link they supposedly sourced has nothing either. While i wouldn't put it past CF since we saw similar posters for Carowinds new ride I wanna see it with more proof.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I saw/have heard about this but haven't been able to find any proof corroborating it so decided against posting it. Everyone's favorite/sarcasm Amuesment Insiders posted a video and was the only place i could find it and the link they supposedly sourced has nothing either. While i wouldn't put it past CF since we saw similar posters for Carowinds new ride I wanna see it with more proof.
Yes, Amusement Insiders is where I saw it. Their video features a shot of a poster in a window, reported to be at Cedar Point. Are you suggesting that the poster may be counterfeit, made up just to hoax us all?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Yes, Amusement Insiders is where I saw it. Their video features a shot of a poster in a window, reported to be at Cedar Point. Are you suggesting that the poster may be counterfeit, made up just to hoax us all?

No I'm not suggesting the poster may be counterfeit, but the person they supposedly got the images from on that persons Instagram, well if you go to that persons Instagram there's nothing there of the poster. I've also been unable to find any other photos of said poster so I can't confirm it as being true and there. All I see is a video about a poster I can't confirm is real or exists. Like I said I wouldn't put it past CF as making references and tying their additions together seems to be something the company is doing as of late with Mystic Timbers, Steel Vengeance and CW19, i just want more sources to prove it real before i was going to post anything is all.

Fizpez

Roller Poster
Sorry if this is a repeat (couldnt find anything in the forums - but 5 minutes of looking might not qualify as "thorough" :) )

This showed up in my FB feed today from a friend who works at Cedar Point

https://www.facebook.com/cprundown/

Is this new? Seems like its not even sure which park it might be for. Thoughts?