What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Matt N

CF Legend
I don't actually think it'll look too bad!

However, AI's video said that the supports are more Intamin-style than B&M-style, so maybe those aren't the actual supports. They certainly don't match any other Dive Coaster's support structure as far as I'm aware.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I don't actually think it'll look too bad!

However, AI's video said that the supports are more Intamin-style than B&M-style, so maybe those aren't the actual supports. They certainly don't match any other Dive Coaster's support structure as far as I'm aware.

I'm guessing it's for the maintenance area/transfer track. Those sections always have weird I beam pieces. And it's usually the first thing to arrive and be constructed.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Yeah those look like the Banshee pieces that were up first, that’s what it is. I actually don’t mind it, it should look nice, earthy, and soft on the eyes when done.

codeman94

Mega Poster
This might not be popular, but to me, Valravn is probably the 2nd worst coaster at CP, 2nd to Rugaru, which CP even knows is a twisted pile of garbage that they tried to salvage, but is still crap.

Its probably just me, because obviously there is a market out there, but I'm surprised Drop Coasters are still trending, and are getting bigger. The Drop is the big sell, so getting taller makes sense, but I honestly think the size of the ride makes them feel uncomfortable. the G forces are sustained for too long, the inversions last too long and make me dizzier. I rode Steel Vengeance with 4 inversions with no sweat. Valravn makes my head spin.

Maybe if they straighten this one out, like a proper Giga, and move away from the standard Drop coaster layout it could be something way better than Valravn.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
I honestly just don't think it'll be a dive coaster, sorry y'all. I think we're looking at a totally different ballgame here

Pear

Strata Poster
There's no way it isn't a dive coaster at this point. There is no other track that B&M makes that is as big.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
There's no way it isn't a dive coaster at this point. There is no other track that B&M makes that is as big.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't flying coaster track just as large as dive track. And also, correct me if I'm wrong again, but from these photos, it appears that there's only a few of the sensor brakes (search attraction spot's griffon POV @2:41 for example) when other dive coasters have double the number. I feel like the fuel for the dive coaster theory seems to come from Amusement Insiders, who hasn't been the most factual source in the past, so I'm going to reserve my judgement until we see something more concrete

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
1) Flyer track is just as big as regular B&M track. Maybe a thicker spine, but not wider. Also, why on earth would they put in a tunnel like that for a flyer?

2) Sensors aren't all added at the start of construction. Why bother putting on something so fragile in a construction zone prone to falling debris/moving dirt?

3) We already determined it to be a dive due to the bolt holes, storage shed layout, and Double Drive Tires. We may not find Amusement Insiders to be the most reliable, but they're not pulling the dive thing out of their ass.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

kenny cook

Mega Poster
1) Flyer track is just as big as regular B&M track. Maybe a thicker spine, but not wider. Also, why on earth would they put in a tunnel like that for a flyer?

2) Sensors aren't all added at the start of construction. Why bother putting on something so fragile in a construction zone prone to falling debris/moving dirt?

3) We already determined it to be a dive due to the bolt holes, storage shed layout, and Double Drive Tires. We may not find Amusement Insiders to be the most reliable, but they're not pulling the dive thing out of their ass.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

1- Pretzel loop through the lake (or else the world's most drawn out pullout for a diver drop)
2- There are photos of sensor brakes on the delivered track, which are on every dive and flying coaster
3- Do you have photos of the bolt holes?? Little known fact, double drive tires are used to move flying coasters out of the station. Also, didn't Amusement Insiders just make a whole video on Dorney GCI blueprints that were just proven to be fake?? If they weren't the ones that discovered it, that's fine, but if they were the original leakers, that'd seriously make me question their reliability

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
1- Pretzel loop through the lake (or else the world's most drawn out pullout for a diver drop)
2- There are photos of sensor brakes on the delivered track, which are on every dive and flying coaster
3- Do you have photos of the bolt holes?? Little known fact, double drive tires are used to move flying coasters out of the station. Also, didn't Amusement Insiders just make a whole video on Dorney GCI blueprints that were just proven to be fake?? If they weren't the ones that discovered it, that's fine, but if they were the original leakers, that'd seriously make me question their reliability

http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/canadas-wonderland-unknown-b-m-dive-coaster.42227/page-7

Had you bothered looking through the thread you would have found it. It's a dive as much as I hate to admit it.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Not sure it does 100% does confirm a Dive.
This track breaks my old bolt hole chart. Proper sized dive track is usually 10 holes across. That piece in the yard is 8 across.

You can see its wider than the Hyper track behind it in one of those shots but I am sure its not as wide as it should be for a full sized Dive coaster. (Draken was certainly 10 across last year as was Valravn the year before while Valkyria and Western Regions Heaven are both 6)

It's possible they've changed it up and i may be missing one that has had 8 before. Im going to go and do a bit of research. Back soon

View attachment 3144

Edit: nevermind the track already at Canadas Wonderland is 10 bolts across.
View attachment 3146
Curiouser and Curiouser.

I cant find a good shot of the transfer track on Valravn but i retract my earlier statement :) It does appear to be proper Dive track. Its hard to tell but this does look like 8 across. So yeah it seems likely its Dive transfer track. But its never 100% till its announced/built :)
CRYgdkoU8AIzAzs.jpg

Thanks for going on this Journey with me :p

^

Already been covered.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kenny cook

Mega Poster
http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/canadas-wonderland-unknown-b-m-dive-coaster.42227/page-7

Had you bothered looking through the thread you would have found it. It's a dive as much as I hate to admit it.

Yes, I saw that. Just wondering if there was anything a bit closer up. Also, take a close look at the track behind the drive wheels, and you'll notice a row of very thin brakes mounted on the track behind that. I've not be able to find any dive coaster with that type of tracking brakes, however, Tatsu and several other flying coasters have those exact same mountings right after the brake run

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Yes, I saw that. Just wondering if there was anything a bit closer up. Also, take a close look at the track behind the drive wheels, and you'll notice a row of very thin brakes mounted on the track behind that. I've not be able to find any dive coaster with that type of tracking brakes, however, Tatsu and several other flying coasters have those exact same mountings right after the brake run

Listen. I know this is the park that built a B&M Hyper and Giga in the span of 4 years but do you honestly think any park is going to add a 2nd Flying coaster to it's lineup? They already have a volare. Say what you will but both Behemoth and Leviathan devour lines like it's no ones business and this park NEEDS more people eaters not more mediocre capacity and slower load times.

Snoo

The Legend
Listen. I know this is the park that built a B&M Hyper and Giga in the span of 4 years but do you honestly think any park is going to add a 2nd Flying coaster to it's lineup? They already have a volare. Say what you will but both Behemoth and Leviathan devour lines like it's no ones business and this park NEEDS more people eaters not more mediocre capacity and slower load times.

I would never put anything past CW.