What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Three storage bays can still have 4 train operation, and what if 2 cars can fit into each of the bays?
Oblivion! It has one long storage bay I believe.
Nemesis at Alton Towers; 2 trains 1 storage bay.

You guys are getting "storage bay" and "transfer track" mixed up. Oblivion has one transfer track with seven separate bays - one per train. Nemesis has one transfer track with two separate bays - one per train. As @bob_3_ pointed out, B&M will adjust based on the customer's needs. A good example of this is Behemoth and Diamondback. Diamondback has three side by side transfer tracks, each with an isolated storage bay. Behemoth, on the other hand, only has two side by side transfer tracks - one with an isolated storage bay and the other sharing two back to back storage bays. Behemoth's more unconventional design was due caused by space constraints. Despite all of these different storage configurations, B&M always provides enough storage bays for all of the trains to be removed from the main circuit. Yes, RMC, Arrow, Schwarzkopf, and a few others don't typically have this sort of standard, but this is just what B&M does.

Now if we look back at the supposed blueprints, we can see two transfer tracks. One of those contains an isolated bay and the other contains a shared bay. The drawing is also clearly labeled "storage 1 & 2" and "storage 3." In conclusion, based on the evidence and observations provided, Canada's Wonderland's dive coaster will utilize the same general architecture as its sister dive coasters (Valravn, Sheikra, Griffon, and the Asian clones), with the same number of trains, utilizing the same chassis architecture...and it won't be over 300 feet nor have more than one mid course brake run.

Peet

Giga Poster
Naah surely the "Transfer Track" is the bit that actually slides and transfers the train, no!?
Coasterpedia defines it as the static track that the train is transferred to, but that sounds like a load of rubbish to me! I'm going to stick with the definition on the Coasterforce glossary (ie the sliding track).

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You guys are getting "storage bay" and "transfer track" mixed up. Oblivion has one transfer track with seven separate bays - one per train. Nemesis has one transfer track with two separate bays - one per train. As @bob_3_ pointed out, B&M will adjust based on the customer's needs. A good example of this is Behemoth and Diamondback. Diamondback has three side by side transfer tracks, each with an isolated storage bay. Behemoth, on the other hand, only has two side by side transfer tracks - one with an isolated storage bay and the other sharing two back to back storage bays. Behemoth's more unconventional design was due caused by space constraints. Despite all of these different storage configurations, B&M always provides enough storage bays for all of the trains to be removed from the main circuit. Yes, RMC, Arrow, Schwarzkopf, and a few others don't typically have this sort of standard, but this is just what B&M does.

Now if we look back at the supposed blueprints, we can see two transfer tracks. One of those contains an isolated bay and the other contains a shared bay. The drawing is also clearly labeled "storage 1 & 2" and "storage 3." In conclusion, based on the evidence and observations provided, Canada's Wonderland's dive coaster will utilize the same general architecture as its sister dive coasters (Valravn, Sheikra, Griffon, and the Asian clones), with the same number of trains, utilizing the same chassis architecture...and it won't be over 300 feet nor have more than one mid course brake run.
I seriously cant wait for you to he wrong about 300 feet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Yeah, I reckon there's quite a possibility that Amusement Insiders could be right about this one, as they were pretty accurate at predicting SV's height and they used lots of very technical stuff to calculate their predicted height. Unless Cedar Fair does a Wicker Man and changes the lift angle halfway up, which would render all of that work completely pointless.

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah, I reckon there's quite a possibility that Amusement Insiders could be right about this one, as they were pretty accurate at predicting SV's height and they used lots of very technical stuff to calculate their predicted height. Unless Cedar Fair does a Wicker Man and changes the lift angle halfway up, which would render all of that work completely pointless.

Steel Vengeance was easy though. The structure was very limited and it wasn't a brand new ride per-say. This, however, will be brand new. Those "blueprints" don't give much evidence to support the Giga, especially given that they already have a giga.. and you aren't doing anything short of paying more money for a taller ride.. especially 70ft taller then what we've seen before. CW can and most likely will go the safe route and just get a tall, 250ft Dive Machine.

Don't forget, the REST of the ride has to exist. With that extra speed comes larger elements, bigger chains, everything. I don't know if they're about to spend $35 million on a very overrated ride type.

And man.. Matt.. you and those YouTube guessers must have a lot in common, complete obsession not based in reality in any way.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Everyone literally knew that SV would be a hyper the second NTG became a thing and the conversation of converting Mean Streak started. It was so obvious that anyone predicting anything was just observing and saying, look, I'm talking about it.

Dive Machines may be overrated for goons, but not the normal of the world. They eat that **** up like Matt does that YouTube channel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
And man.. Matt.. you and those YouTube guessers must have a lot in common, complete obsession not based in reality in any way.
I'm not saying they're right about everything. I heard them say the other day that Disney were going to buy Marineland in Canada because of rumours that Disney wanted to start up in Canada, which I don't see at all, personally. For starters, I think all of Disney's parks were built from the ground up by Disney. Also, Marineland is not the sort of property I can imagine Disney buying.

I also disagree with them on the fact that they think CGA's 2020 hyper will be a Mack. Whereas that is plausible, I see a B&M as more likely, personally.

Anyway, back onto this ride. My personal prediction is that we will likely see a ride around 230ft tall so that Valravn's height record is broken, but they don't go too high. I'm not ruling anything out yet, though.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm not saying they're right about everything. I heard them say the other day that Disney were going to buy Marineland in Canada because of rumours that Disney wanted to start up in Canada, which I don't see at all, personally. For starters, I think all of Disney's parks were built from the ground up by Disney. Also, Marineland is not the sort of property I can imagine Disney buying.

I also disagree with them on the fact that they think CGA's 2020 hyper will be a Mack. Whereas that is plausible, I see a B&M as more likely, personally.

Anyway, back onto this ride. My personal prediction is that we will likely see a ride around 230ft tall so that Valravn's height record is broken, but they don't go too high. I'm not ruling anything out yet, though.
Disney wanted to buy Knott's Berry Farm though, back when the Knott family wanted to sell the park. But instead they opted for Cedar Fair because they thought Disney would ruin what the park had built up for so many years. So it is possible that they would by Marineland. Unlikely, but possible.

Lofty

CF Legend
From my understanding, it wasn't Marineland they wanted to buy, but just in the Niagara area in general and that Disney and Niagara Falls (company) wanted to go into partnership.

Snoo

The Legend
Totally agree, for me coasters are about moments and the drops on these are up there as some of the best things on coasters in my view.

I mean.. TTD is your number 1.. I'm just saying. :p

They're interesting to say the least but far from the best coasters out there. While even a bigger model at CW would be decent, it's far from being the game changer a lot of people are pumping this up to be, even if it were to be a Giga, which it won't be.

That's not even counting the fact that CW is a big of a garbage dump for coasters so, regardless of how good this ride will be, it will EASILY be the 3rd best ride there behind Behemoth and Leviathan.. which says a lot before we even know what it is.

James F

Hyper Poster
Same here, I love Sheikra it's my number 3 as well, however I don't like how b&m are putting vest restraints on their new dive coasters. It ruins that little pop of air you get down the drop, at least from what I have heard.
I personally love Dive Coasters when they are done well; SheiKra is my number 3!

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

James F

Hyper Poster
Didn't ruin the drop at all for me on Val.
That's good to hear, does the drop in your opinion still feel the same as the other dive coasters dispite those restraints?

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
That's good to hear, does the drop in your opinion still feel the same as the other dive coasters dispute those restraints?

Yep! I do think Valravn has the weakest of the big 3 though as Sheikra still has the best first drop and is the best overall.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I mean.. TTD is your number 1.. I'm just saying. :p

They're interesting to say the least but far from the best coasters out there. While even a bigger model at CW would be decent, it's far from being the game changer a lot of people are pumping this up to be, even if it were to be a Giga, which it won't be.

That's not even counting the fact that CW is a big of a garbage dump for coasters so, regardless of how good this ride will be, it will EASILY be the 3rd best ride there behind Behemoth and Leviathan.. which says a lot before we even know what it is.

TTD is my no.1 what of it? Elite speed and drop and a smooth ride what more do you want?