What's new

Groot

Roller Poster
You know what would be ground-breaking, if they did it? A giga with a barrel roll downdrop, built by Intamin. Could you imagine?? ? Something that runs similar to i305 or Millennium Force, but at the predicted height of 355 ft... :oops:

Niles

Giga Poster
Seems like an odd choice of coaster considering pantheon, but maybe they will maker it more distinctive in some way. The cars could spin? or the train is the outer way round from the POV meaning you get the main launch going backwards and go up the main spike backwards to, giving you a great view of the drop.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This just feels like the most Roller Coaster Tycoon move ever - keep the park rating up by building roller coaster after roller coaster.

Overall, a quick epic roller coaster, built awkwardly close to another quick epic roller coaster.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
This just feels like the most Roller Coaster Tycoon move ever - keep the park rating up by building roller coaster after roller coaster.

Overall, a quick epic roller coaster, built awkwardly close to another quick epic roller coaster.
Although this is a rather insignificant complaint, I'm not too thrilled about how close that spike will be to Verbolten's 2nd launch portion... I quite enjoyed how isolated it felt.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Incidentally, building launched shuttle coasters is a quick and easy way to beat almost every scenario in most theme park games. Low costs, high capacity, high Excitement value. Of course, that may not entirely be the case in real life, but of all the park managers out there, there must have been one who's played those games and wondered if the same trick could be pulled off in real life.

Anyway, I think this will turn out to be a pretty majestic coaster, and definitely a landmark for the park. That extremely tall spike twisting skywards is bound to turn a few heads out there.

cocoa

Mega Poster
i'm actually impressed how much stuff was uncovered here- even the exact paint scheme is hectic

^on the rct front, you're right that this is a hilarious strategy. you can also just spam simulator rides, which universal seems to be doing well on. chris sawyer is the true genius

Dar

Hyper Poster
What are the queues like here? Could this be similar to installing a flat to absorb some people from the big coaster queue?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yes I agree with Coaster Studios, the "was part of Pantheon" theory makes a ton of sense. Answers the "why" and this does feel like it could so easily be part of Pantheon. He had some early sketch that implied this was possible. And yes backward seats would be superb.

As for the colors, oh yes it looks just beautiful. Another thing....given the heights, this will surely be over 100 mph? It doesn't seem like thaaat long a launch track. If we have a forceful launch(es), some air, good speed for sure, I think this will be kind of great. No, not top tier, not better than Pantheon, it's still weird and I question WTF are they thinking and was there no way at all to make it part of Pantheon? BUT looks fun.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Wait Drachen Spire's been scrapped? Or is this something a bit different? Surely Drachen Spire is too far ahead in development to be worth scrapping, would they not just delay it by a year or two?

EDIT:- Never mind it isn't Drachen Spire, but still I hope it gets built.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Is Drachen Spire the actual name? Or is it just a fan nickname?

If it is the actual name, that would be a very cool homage to an interesting element of BGW’s history!
It's a fan name, but I'm really hoping BGW actually call it that. I mean I'm still gonna call it that even if that's not what the park name it. I bet this project will be delayed though.

Last edited: