What's new

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is expanding at an incredible rate. Project MMXX combined with Project 2021 are going to get me back to this already wonderful park in no time! :D

Matt N

CF Legend
Wait, I thought this was supposed to be a Star Flyer? The only types of coaster I could see getting built at that height are either a giga (which has supposedly already been vetoed in the form of Project Madrid) or something like Red Force at Ferrari Land (which would be slightly strange given they're building a launch coaster in 2020 and their other 2 launch coasters would have both been built less than 10 years before it, in my opinion.)

Or could they potentially be getting a T-Rex, as SeaWorld now works with RMC and I believe it was mentioned that the T-Rex track was designed for coasters over 300ft tall... now that would certainly be a huge deal!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
A little bit of an update from BGWFans

tl;dr (really worth the read imo) The county is set to revote on the 2021 height waiver tomorrow and you can voice your support for the parks waiver if you so choose with the information in the article.

GloryFish

Roller Poster
I was at the park on Saturday and took a ride with a park employee. This person told me that the 2021 project was definitely a coaster and would be the "tallest roller coaster on the east coast". I am excited to see how this rumor pans out. I'll check back here in two years and see if 'random park employee' was right or not.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I was at the park on Saturday and took a ride with a park employee. This person told me that the 2021 project was definitely a coaster and would be the "tallest roller coaster on the east coast". I am excited to see how this rumor pans out. I'll check back here in two years and see if 'random park employee' was right or not.

So over 100 feet taller then the waiver...???

Seriously I have to doubt that park employee knows exactly what it is unless its management and even then it doesn't line up with the facts we have.

I didn't know this but the reported 2021 attraction is replacing the field of the former Drachen Fire. So looks to be a Star Flyer, unless Mach Tower is going and something's planned for that site in the future. But very unlikely

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Uh... Guys, this might end up being a launched Giga coaster:-