What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Tigris | Premier SkyRocket II

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I watched a coaster studios vlog once. He was hanging around with a load of 13 year olds. A couple were a bit too enthuastic for his liking and he snapped at them: "guys I'm trying to vlog here". Ego level 100.

Edit: I do agree with ATI, generally speaking the criticism of the YouTubers is a tad harsh. But some of them are clearly fame hungry drama queens.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Also no need to worry, I don't plan on posting any of their "always 100% :emoji_poop: content again.

Edited your post to what I was hoping it would say.

For me, personally, I just don't have an interest in what some teenager on Youtube thinks. And not every Youtube page is hated on here, it's just that the majority of them are terrible and just desperate for views. Take TheTimTracker for example... I watch their videos, he's a nice guy. I know it's not really an enthusiast channel, but they're down to earth and generally normal. But the videos that you often post on here are just... dumb and crap tbh? And what Snoo said is true, you do sometimes appear to count Youtubers opinions as fact.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
What really bothers me is the kids who literally QUOTE Bybee's parodies and take his opinions for fact without bothering to think themselves. I met one at a park once.. it was a scary experience. And the fact that he seems to be marketing to lower and lower age ranges..
EDIT: oh, and the countless ripoff channels. I can respect Coaster Studios as it essentially created the youtube coaster industry.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Oh please, guys, you're being too harsh on ATI here. I think referring to other people's views is totally okay, as long as you note why you think they're saying anything worthwhile, instead of just posting the videos without commentary. If they're saying dumb things, however, there's no need to post them. YouTube is full of dumb videos, there's no need to bring them here just to bash them.

Fact is, though, we don't have a clear policy on this, and that can cause some confusion. Maybe someone will post stuff you don't think should be posted. But that's no reason to wish each other never to post again.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Key words are "When he started". It's since devolved into "HURR DURR COASTER PARUHDEES" and "This park hasn't recieved a coaster in two weeks? NEGLECTED".

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My issue with a lot of these various YouTubers is, like many have mentioned, that they have become massive personality cults catering to thousands of enthusiasts, but they don't have any inside news or exclusive content. As we've seen with amusement insiders, it's extremely easy to sound confident behind a microphone even though they're talking completely out of their asses. Although I hope that this sort of fanatical, sensational garbage content begins to fade away, especially now that they aren't correctly predicting what the rides will be.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
My issue with a lot of these various YouTubers is, like many have mentioned, that they have become massive personality cults catering to thousands of enthusiasts, but they don't have any inside news or exclusive content. As we've seen with amusement insiders, it's extremely easy to sound confident behind a microphone even though they're talking completely out of their asses. Although I hope that this sort of fanatical, sensational garbage content begins to fade away, especially now that they aren't correctly predicting what the rides will be.

Let me sum it up.

They are clickbait who know nothing besides what they read on forums, screamscape, or what the dippin dots guy tells them. They have no backing of what they say, and put XOMG titles to get views.

They are ****ing whores. Speaking of whores...

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fthedrunkriders%2Fthe-drunk-rider-awards
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
He recently became the first legit member to be banned from here since 2015, because of his behaviour in a discussion thread. Try not to follow those footsteps.
He thought that the conversation was directed at him and then he went rage mode and said some very disturbing things.

Snoo

The Legend
WTF is wrong with you? I just wanted to share what other people opinions are, I never said it was fact. I don't fully undertand why ALL enthusiast channels get so much hate on here, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. I believe Taylors opinion is quite valid, and my personal opinion is that your post is downright rude, and Tigris will be a solid addition and 2020 will be an RMC re-do of Gwazi.

Also no need to worry, I don't plan on posting any of their "always 100% :emoji_poop:" content again.

I wanna hear what YOU think, not anyone else. Don’t just post a video with no thoughts or criticism or just anything short of “this guy has a point”.

Short of my dislike of those channels in general, numerous people.. you more then most.. post their videos instead of typing out your thoughts on the subject matter. Now posting those videos isn’t a crime. But posting those videos without putting your own personal feelings or criticism, especially with little left to the imagination short of watching the whole video, is just damn lazy. Now I know damn well you’re smarter then that and if you want to agree with a YouTuber, feel free! But post a well thought out opinion with it. Please. That will not only help you form many of your own thoughts but help stimulate better conversation around here instead of hate spewed at YT.