What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Falcon's Fury | Intamin Drop Tower

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Testing with tilting seats has resumed and the park is scheduled to host a special private event on June 8th which has promoted rides on Falcon’s Fury as part of the itinerary. Looks like it won't be long before it opens to the public and they can take this sign down. :wink:

IMG_2903-769x1024.jpg

Here's the latest video of the ride testing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAwuysacY2s[/youtube]

Hutch

Strata Poster
This looks so weird and bizarre and funky. It looked really cool when the seats tilted 90 degrees.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The park has released this official statement on the delay of the opening:
Busch Gardens’ new thrill ride Falcon’s Fury includes first-of-its kind design elements, systems and parts. Due to a delay in the fabrication of key component parts, neither the manufacturer nor Busch Gardens are able to complete the lengthy testing processes needed to open the ride to the public. The safety of our guests and team members remains Busch Gardens’ top priority and none of these delays involve safety systems. The ride has been safely operated in the initial stages of the testing process, and all other elements of the park’s newest re-imagined land Pantopia are now open to guests. Busch Gardens will provide updates on the ride opening as events warrant. We are committed to delivering world-class thrills and the best possible ride experience, and we look forward to the launch of Falcon’s Fury, North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower, later this summer.

marc

CF Legend
Now they have time to complete the paint job I hope lol.

It's good they found the problems before opening, delays should be expected on prototypes

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I love that they really went all in on this attraction, and made sure that the ride would be awesome and unique (Mach Tower, anyone?), and therefore I can oversee all of the delays.

I would even do be fine with it if I were living in the US and were affected by them.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
^ No, I meant that everything they did wrong with the Mach Tower decision seems to have been done correct on this one.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Ahhh yeah, I see war you mean and definitely agree. I'm glad they're giving the extra time needed for this rather than opening and closing, ala Mack Tower.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I wonder if they're doing this as it still isn't open yet...or was it the plan all along.

I forgot to post but I tweeted the administrator of BGT Buzz. I asked him if there was any news of an opening date of Falcon's Fury. He replied and I quote:

'We're currently waiting on key component parts for the ride (rumoured to be new cables). The Park has said "dropping late Summer".'

'As it stands, they have to install the new parts, do more testing & hand the ride over to the ride ops team. It's hard to say when'.

So it's not looking good for my trips to BGT later this month!

Lofty

CF Legend
The cable was at fault for holding back progress - so it wouldn't have actually been able to open with the said cable.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Testing resumed in the end of July.

It appears that the descent is more controlled/slow now compared to when they tested it this spring. It still looks really awesome though. Also the seats start to tilt before the top of the tower is reached, not sure if it did that before or not.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byrVIzu7oVc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmRjVc9ox0I[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUCc_64wkg[/youtube]

andrus

Giga Poster
It looks much better now, for some reason. Probably because of the fab paintwork :--D

I still don't get why it breaks so high up though? Especially since the "flip" to normal seating position is so quick, and the last 10-20m is just controlled transportation to the ground. But still a very cool concept that has huge potential for future installations!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I've said this from the moment I saw this ride testing, I still find it a massive disappointment, at least the tower looks cool.