What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Falcon's Fury | Intamin Drop Tower

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Busch has started playing local TV and Radio ads for the ride now.... "AMERICAS TALLEST *FREE STANDING* DROP TOWER!" and also calling the park "FLORIDA's TRILL RIDE CAPITAL!" and Fury ad is pretty lame "just don't look down, lolol, OMG, were looking down now?!"

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
USA Today has released a video of the drop.

drop.png

Go 1:00 into this video to see the drop.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9WYmhqN0QM[/youtube]

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Ahh that's great. Has it been ridden by people yet?

Judging by the way the seats tilt back to normal at the bottom, they seem to be more controlled now which they were having problems with.

Hoping they'll get it open soon!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, **** that. Sign me up for a colonoscopy, I'll do that before I even think of riding that thing. I'd rather sit through all Twilight and Nicholas Spark movies in a row than ride that.

Nope.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm confused, do the seats correct themselves to "normal position" about 20ft or so from the ground? I think it would be better if it feel face-first all the way to the ground leaving riders staring a few feet from the ground and then correct itself. Still, the drop looks fantastic and will be an exhilarating experience.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It's much much higher than 20ft :p probably over 100ft do the seats correct themselves... At least that what it appears to be like in the video. I agree that it'd be better to go the whole way down tilted like that but can't see that one happening! :/

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
A proper POV has been released:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UzVijb5KBo[/youtube]

If you ask me it's been sped up, the cars are moving unnaturally fast...so is Gwazi.

therick311

Mega Poster
I think it's only the lift that was sped up. There is a cut just before the drop. Also check Scorpion during the drop for a reference.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't care what most people say; I genuinely believe this to be one of the best drop towers on earth.

Ben

CF Legend
That's quite a neat little publicity stunt actually.

Miami is such Dexter and Atlanta is such Walking Dead <3

I think it'll be fab too. I totally doodled this concept a million times in school though, so I consider it stolen <//3

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think sitting up right is far scarier on drop towers. Dunno why, but I think facing the floor would take away a bit of the fear for me.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Here's another testing video from BGTFans. Looks like it will take some time before this baby opens since they're still testing without tilting the seats at all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Fl4RAomPA[/youtube]

bmac

Giga Poster
Ah dailymail, even CNN is better than you...

On another note it looks like my wager with the writer of BGTFans will be won since Zumanjaro will open before Falcon's Fury :D