What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Cobra’s Curse | Mack spinning coaster

peep

CF Legend
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but according to my Twitter feed Busch Gardens Tampa is due to open a new Mack spinning coaster next year.

I'll try and find some more sources for this info but quite a few peeps are posting the news.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Mack spinning coaster for BGT 2016

If it's anything like Dwervelwind at Toverland, it will be an excellent family coaster. I always forget how much fun it is.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

I was going to say, a spinning coaster for BGT? I just can't see how it'd really fit in, they'd want to get something big and showy.

Are they likely to get a hyper as SeaWorld is getting one? In the eyes of the public (esp. tourist public), and they'd been to BGT before, they won't necessarily be enticed to travel to Tampa to ride a hyper if SeaWorld has a new hyper too. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but that's the way I see it.

Martyn B

CF Legend

As much as I love coasters, BGT needs more variety IMO. The park is crying out for a dark ride (or two)!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

It's definitely a spinning coaster although I've heard it won't be your standard off the shelf spinner like the Toverland style rides. Think spinning coaster but more Busched up (yeah thats' a word)

nadroJ

CF Legend

I hope it goes through waterfalls and alongside an animal enclosure or something. That'd be sweet. Either way, a cred is a cred and these newer varieties of spinners excite me a lot more than your standard funfair style mouse, so I'm happy.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Personal opinion here but spinning coasters will never appeal to me the way normal front facing coasters do, I feel like the spinning part actually ruins the laterals and the excitement of looking down the track and seeing where the train is going. I'm sure many will disagree but I feel the same about adding backwards seats to rides or indoor coasters in complete darkness. It just takes the feeling of being on a complex track away and that's the main reason I love roller coasters. Would be cool if they could design trains that don't spin for the boring people like me!

That said im sure Busch Gardens will work their magic and build a beautiful custom, well themed ride that will appeal to a lot of people.

andrus

Giga Poster

Winjas Fear & Force is still one of my very favourite coasters! If done correctly, spinning coaster can be really fab <3 Hopefully Busch have been inspired by Phantasialand and added some special effects, dark ride sections and more!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Footers have been poured. Next to the train tracks and Giraffe enclosure. I'm not a footer expert, but for someone who is, the footers are SQUARE.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

From twitter:

Those trains looks... Err.. New?

CGBdlWCWMAARZtZ.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster

Yeah, trains look interesting but I'm more interested in that theming they have going there. And is that some elevator lift thing with a queue leading up to the top?

peep

CF Legend

I was going to post this earlier but ran out of time. It's a vertical lift hill. There were a couple of other things leaked but the official announcement is tomorrow so might as well await more info.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Certainly looks interesting.

Wonder how a square 2-trained spinner would work.

The theming also looks quite odd. Almost like Egyptian-Steampunk...?

andrus

Giga Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
What a strange view to have the evac-platform as the central focal point.. :?

Yet it looks decent! Will be interesting to learn out more at the official announcement tomorrow :)