What's new

Bullfrog's Theme Park for iPhone!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Is that in the same way the DS version was a totally different game? :p

I've not read any previews of this, because the game is not actually very good and should have been left to die a happy death...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, but have they simply improved the graphics, or re-written the game? I didn't have a problem with the graphics, it was more to do with the fact it was a 20 year old game and not very good ;)

kimahri

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
How can you have it when 1. Its not out yet and 2. Its a totally different game now.

Apple Gold member. We get things earlier. Alreasy have an iPhone 4S.

*Blows fingernails and shines them*

Nic

Strata Poster
Downloaded the droid version of this last night.

I don't care what anyone says about the original Theme Park game, I always loved it. Mind you, that was yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaars before becoming an enthusiast. Sim games have also always been my favourite genre (I've spent far too many hours playing Theme Park, Theme Hospital, Sim City, Sim Tower, RCT3 etc). I'm also the person that prefers RCT3 to the others, and only plays it to complete the scenarios/challenges. What? Stop tutting and rolling your eyes!

So, anyway, yes, I was excited at the prospect of Theme Park on my phone, yet was somewhat reticent. In reality, it's a combination of the sequel games (Theme Park World etc) and your usual phone app/facebook game "build something, wait ages or speed it up by spending real money and invite friends for bonuses" type thing (of which I'm also a big fan). The design and shop/attraction names has a few nods to the original game. As a fan of the original, this gives it a nice nostalgic, yet familiarly modern feel.

Will I get bored of it? Yes, very quickly. Has it crashed yet? Surprisingly enough, no. Am I still eager to play it? I found myself playing it whilst sat in the pub at lunchtime, so currently, yes.

Is this for you? If you're a fan of the original and/or the sequels, then yes. If you play No Limits, then no. If you're a fan of this format of phone app/facebook game, then yes. If you think RCT is better than RCT3 then no. If you want Thrillville (which, for the record, I also enjoyed) to die a slow and painful death, then definitely not.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I stopped playing it eight months ago Nic, catch up :p

I was the same. I played it loads for a week or so, then less and less and now it's deleted. It was just trial by tedium in the end. Like most of these game, you start off quite speedy, then find that unless you spend money, you have to wait hours before the next thing is ready, or you have to "grind" by constantly pressing the screen to make the kids bounce higher or whatever. However, as you need millions until you can afford your next ride, it would take hours to do. So it's spend money instead and bollocks to that.

Nutty Fluffies is where to go for your coaster gaming :)
http://familyfurie.co.uk/index.php/revi ... iosandroid

peep

CF Legend
For some reason I decided to download this on Christmas Eve. It's actually quite good fun but the whole 'not enough tokens' is already starting to annoy me and the temptation to buy more with real money is all too close to happening.