What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2017

Does that layout involve getting rid of the Pleasure Beach Express or just sharing a tunnel? I hope the train stays.

spacebum

Roller Poster

So there is some actual work going on for once. With no/new sawyer bridge going this will make things interesting when navigateing the park. Afew people have wanted the bridge gone for some time or atleast replaced with something that looks less scrubby.

More construction in areas that anyone can get shots of the work. If it is a Mack it hopefully will bring the park back up to scratch. Ready to challenge the likes of the Merlin parks.

Lofty

CF Legend

In all honesty, I think the removal of the bridge is merely for reasons to do with construction etc. I very much doubt that they'll completely remove the bridge, it'll cause havoc in the Nickelodeon Land area, that pathway towards the South Gate would be ridiculous.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Surely it would be easier to completely demolish the bridge for construction next year and then build a new one for 2017?

I know not having the bridge will cause issues next year, but they might as well just get rid of it (as they're not going to be using it) and build a brand new one instead?

Temleh

Mega Poster

Lofty said:
In all honesty, I think the removal of the bridge is merely for reasons to do with construction etc. I very much doubt that they'll completely remove the bridge, it'll cause havoc in the Nickelodeon Land area, that pathway towards the South Gate would be ridiculous.

I visited the park earlier and the bridge is almost completely gone. Large construction walls surround the site. I am led to believe a temporary bridge will be installed for 2016 but only for evacuation reasons.

Lofty

CF Legend

Read my first sentence, it's clear I meant AFTER the construction phase ends, as in, when the new ride opens.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

spacebum

Roller Poster

Maybe the old bridge was due to be removed anyways. And this new coaster has just given a chance to remove/replace with a newer one. At the same time as building the new attraction. Or for the 2016 season there will be a temp bridge in place while the construction is going on.

Lofty

CF Legend

The removal of that bridge has been spoken about since before Infusion came along, which was in 2007, so it is long overdue.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Call me late to the party etc but where is this Tom Sawyer bridge everybody keeps banging on about? Is it the bridge between Big Dipper & Big One, where Spin Doctor used to be?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Yep, that's the badger Ian. Why it's still called the Tom Sawyer bridge after that ride has been gone for so long, I have no idea. May as well call it the Turtle Chase or Log Flume (or Spin Doctor) bridge :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat

Enough about the feckin bridge - let's talk about a 4000ft Mack launched coaster!
Are we believing this rumour or what?
Screamscape doesn't always get things right, but most of the time it's not too far off the mark.
What are we thinking folks?

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Cautiously optimistic Howie.
I'm always reluctant to do a Jarrett until I see some concrete evidence that it's worth getting hyped up about. But... It's good to see work is actually happening, we know Mrs Thompson likes Mack, and the space this would open up gives a real possibility of a Mack launcher being placed.

Lets see what the next 6 months brings, teasers and whatnot but I'd be surprised if we have any nailed on info even in 6 months time.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

What we do know is they've said it's going to be one of the most exciting/biggest additions (or whatever it was?) so being optimistic and saying it's at least going to be some kind of coaster.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

spacebum

Roller Poster

Amanda being friendly with the people at Mack is something. But is tgis going to be one big money investment then go back to the smaller/sponserd tie ups.

Didn't we go through this with the "Bigger one" that 500+ foot tall Intamin launch coaster. I am all for a new coaster but some where in my mind I keep getting that niggle that pulls back.

Over the years I have heard rumors like Infusion to be scrapped and a B&M invert to go in.
Bigone to be re made by B&M or torn out to make way for an Intamin Hyper.

We still dont know if it really is a Mack ride. It may be an Intamin launch type.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

spacebum said:
Amanda being friendly with the people at Mack is something. But is tgis going to be one big money investment then go back to the smaller/sponserd tie ups.

Didn't we go through this with the "Bigger one" that 500+ foot tall Intamin launch coaster. I am all for a new coaster but some where in my mind I keep getting that niggle that pulls back.

Over the years I have heard rumors like Infusion to be scrapped and a B&M invert to go in.
Bigone to be re made by B&M or torn out to make way for an Intamin Hyper.

We still dont know if it really is a Mack ride. It may be an Intamin launch type.
I really, really hope this post is a joke. If your stupid enough to believe them rumours that's your own fault, the park have pretty much confirmed this is a coaster.

spacebum

Roller Poster

Well I am guessing you wasnt here during the "bigger one" saga. Yes I have been away for 4 years or so. I am not the stupid noob that gets drawn in by things. Every park gets rumours of crap all the time. You go near alot of the forums and find teens posting stuff like. BPB to get a nemesis clone. or Bigone to be torn out B&M Mega confermed. All that clicky ****. Plus as its BPB I hardly trust most of the junk that gets said due to the let downs and lack of major investment.

Personaly I always wanted an Intamin Mega lite in the GrandPrix area.

Dar

Hyper Poster

I think BPB is one of those parks where cost is a major factor in what they get. If the Mack launcher is cheaper than the Intamin one, they'll get the Mack one!

elephant58

Hyper Poster

spacebum said:
Well I am guessing you wasnt here during the "bigger one" saga. Yes I have been away for 4 years or so. I am not the stupid noob that gets drawn in by things. Every park gets rumours of crap all the time. You go near alot of the forums and find teens posting stuff like. BPB to get a nemesis clone. or Bigone to be torn out B&M Mega confermed. All that clicky ****. Plus as its BPB I hardly trust most of the junk that gets said due to the let downs and lack of major investment.

Personaly I always wanted an Intamin Mega lite in the GrandPrix area.

I think he probably has heard the kinds of rumours you've listed. And your point is irrelevant, as this is information released by the park, not an unrealistic rumour made up by teens about a 500ft Intamin Accelerator coaster.

spacebum

Roller Poster

Has the park put out anything that states that it is a coaster by mack to 100% state fact.

Also you can still build in an Intamin launch type in the space. the biggerone bs is the past from eons ago. It still sounds like the old days. And I was hoping things moved on from the old days. well never mind I will just do my reserch and do my videos and not give a **** anymore. I was here to gather extra info but I will just drop out from this and do it with out useing the sites to gather intell.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Oh course I've heard of the bigger one rumour, I was clever enough to dismiss as soon as I heard it though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk