What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
I still reckon Icon has a chance of beating Mako as my top coaster if it's incredibly good. If it's going to be my number 1, I think it needs to have decent airtime of some sort. Or to be intense with some nice corners, while still being really smooth. Do you guys reckon Icon looks to have lots of good airtime?
It'll probably have 3 or 4 nice pops but nothing sustained, it's not really built for airtime though, if there's a good amount there it'll be a nice bonus.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It'll probably have 3 or 4 nice pops but nothing sustained, it's not really built for airtime though, if there's a good amount there it'll be a nice bonus.
Yeah, this, not sustained. The 2nd half will have a bit of airtime in the transitions and the 2(?) hills, don't expect any from the 1st half excluding the top hat though.
It will be good, it should be great, but it won't be the best cred in the world.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Yeah forgot about a couple as well! Been avoiding watching the POV to try and be at least a bit taken off guard when I ride it, but I do remember the hops into the second launch and high G helix looking fab.

Matt N

CF Legend
I know that Planet Coaster isn't exactly the best source of physics, but I recreated the layout for Icon, and it said that the ride contained 2 moments or 0.7 seconds of airtime. By comparison, Mako at SeaWorld had 9 moments or 7.4 seconds of airtime. At least it was something like that, anyway.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I know that Planet Coaster isn't exactly the best source of physics, but I recreated the layout for Icon, and it said that the ride contained 2 moments or 0.7 seconds of airtime. By comparison, Mako at SeaWorld had 9 moments or 7.4 seconds of airtime. At least it was something like that, anyway.
Yeah, Icon will have a whole lot more than 2 moments and 0.7 seconds lol. As with other Macks, I think Icon will have more airtime than people are expecting. I see the top hat having some good sustained airtime, the dive into the s turn will have airtime for sure, and then the two consecutive little hills going into the launch. The secong half seems to have a lot of short pops of ejector and some laterals and high Gs turns. Overall, like Helix, it seems to have a great variety of forces. After riding Time Traveler, it seems that Macks aere a bit deceptive, and they ride much better than they look from a POV. Very excited for this addition. I'll be riding Helix this summer, and Icon will definitely be on my list for a must ride when I leave the states again.

Smithy

Strata Poster
First time in several years now that I've seen adverts for BPB on national tv (just now on Dave, not the first time either) which is great to see because it's been a while since they had a national campaign afaik.

But it's only about cheaper wristbands and literally nothing about Icon at all WHHHHYYYYYY?!

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
That does seem a bit counterproductive, but maybe they're just trying to drag their brand back into relevance a bit and will promote Icon (hopefully not just on Dave) when it's open to try and inspire last minute-ish trips? I can't imagine many people down south seeing an advert for a new coaster now and planning a 5 hour trip to ride it in a month.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
But it's only about cheaper wristbands and literally nothing about Icon at all WHHHHYYYYYY?!
I would guess everyone who knows about Icon is holding off going, so they're trying to reach the folks who don't know in order to boost attendance.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Looking at the way the back of the train gets whipped over the top of the first airtime time I'm expecting some very decent airtime! I know I'll be heading towards the back of the train when I finally ride it.
Me too however mainly because I'm a lard arse and need a big boy seat....

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Looking at the way the back of the train gets whipped over the top of the first airtime time I'm expecting some very decent airtime! I know I'll be heading towards the back of the train when I finally ride it.
Me too however mainly because I'm a lard arse and need a big boy seat....

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk