What's new

BGW: Something to do with Festa Italia

bmac

Giga Poster
BGWFans has found a height permit for a future attraction 156 feet tall to be placed in the Festa Italia area, or somewhere nearby according to the balloon tests. Also rumored to come along with this new ride is a possible (and likely much needed) refreshment of the Festa Italia hamlet.

No clue what it could be right now, but from early murmurs everything has basically pointed at a wooden coaster. Before the nay-sayers hop on the trouncewagon, Festa Italia is the furthest point from Kingsmill, and the noise levels from Festa are much lower than anywhere else in the park.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
This sounds awesome. A GCI inverting would be Great! A rocky Mountain would be good too. Any ideas? Because they talk about how the rides can't be too loud, and a rocky Mountain isn't very loud at all. A wooden is the one type of coaster that the park lacks. And don't forget, a while back we heard the one of Gwazi's trains was sent to the park. So could we potentially see a GCI wooden inverting?

Hobbes

Mega Poster
CPSFMMCW said:
A GCI inverting would be Great!
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't GCI sorta like the B&M of wood? Aren't they the kind of company who waits a few years to refine a product? That's the impression I've always had of them (although I may be wrong), and if that's the case, I would assume it'll be a couple more years before they jump on the inversion bandwagon.

bmac

Giga Poster
GCI has stated that they can do the same stuff as Gravity Group, and can also launch. They just haven't had anyone take them up on the prospect, yet.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
As much as Busch hates on Gwazi with a near complete lack of maintenance, you think BGW will get a woodie of any flavor?

Hate to burst your height balloon, but no. Not in Festa, nor anywhere in Williamsburg.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
Hate to burst your height balloon, but no. Not in Festa, nor anywhere in Williamsburg.
They could always put it back where the draken fire station is. But I hope it's coming. I'm betting on it.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^The permit specifically says Festa expansion and the Drachen Fire station is across the "Rhine" and a good deal away from Festa.

I think roller is doubting a GCII going into BGW, with the problems BGT has had with Gwazi. Granted that was 15 years ago and GCII has come along by leaps and bounds, it is a valid concern.

As far as coaster speculation, I could see a flyer or wing-rider going in there.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
^The permit specifically says Festa expansion and the Drachen Fire station is across the "Rhine" and a good deal away from Festa.

I think roller is doubting a GCII going into BGW, with the problems BGT has had with Gwazi. Granted that was 15 years ago and GCII has come along by leaps and bounds, it is a valid concern.

As far as coaster speculation, I could see a flyer or wing-rider going in there.

I'm pretty sure RollerMonkey Means that there is a 0% of a woodie going into to BGW. While I hope he is wrong I believe he is right. Gwazi Has had too many problems and with the noise issues a wooden coaster just feels unlikely, very unlikely.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Joey's right. I'm saying that BFE (or whatever that company's name is now) appears to have even less interest in maintaining a wood coaster than the old Busch did. Which when you consider how little maintenance was done to Gwazi over the years, obviously was almost nil.

Now the new management has simply cut the ride in half, so how does that make anybody think they want to buy a new wood coaster?

I have a hard time believing they'd even be interested in an RMC creation, but that's a gut feeling based on what they've done in the past: Generally, stuck with proven concepts from companies with long track records.

I could be wrong, but a new wood coaster at BGE strikes me as incredibly unlikely at this time.

bmac

Giga Poster
rollermonkey said:
I could be wrong, but a new wood coaster at BGE strikes me as incredibly unlikely at this time.

Which is why I marked it as speculation, still amazed how loud the supporters bark for it though.

I'm not supporting the wooden coaster rumors, just providing some really odd insight into how different BGW and BGT are. Larry Giles absolutely resents Intamin, and it can be shown with Verbolten and Mach Tower. Both rides could've been built by Intamin, practically identical by a visual glance. Instead Zierer and Moser were brought in. BGT has had 2 similar projects recently, 1 ongoing right now, to what has been done in BGW in the last two years. Both of BGT's additions (Falcon's Fury and Cheetah Hunt) are Intamin. BGW also keeps their animals on property while BGT has theirs taken care of on an outside farm. The parks are fairly different in the way they're run overall, so I can see BGW being willing to take the risk in building a wooden coaster. Even though their sister park failed (horribly) at it, BGW could still take the risk. Just like how BGT still partners with Intamin event though BGW adamantly refuses to even accept their bid on a project.

This isn't likely going to be a 2014 addition, by the way.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
http://wydaily.com/2013/10/09/busch-gar ... ttraction/

found an article about it. They say that it will indeed be a 2015 project. 150 feet-160 feet tall. Could they finally break the 'no more than 5 big coasters' rule? I hope so, and if not, then it will probably just be a star flyer or observation tower or something like that. however I doubt that, as it says that the entry platform/station will be 10 feet off the ground. This just screams roller coaster to me. and 3 years after verbolten, which isn't the shortest amount of time that they've gone without a coaster. They went 2 years later with Griffon.

bmac

Giga Poster
CPSFMMCW said:
Could they finally break the 'no more than 5 big coasters' rule?

Where did you hear this? What the hell compelled someone to think an idiotic 'rule' like that exists?

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
bmac said:
CPSFMMCW said:
Could they finally break the 'no more than 5 big coasters' rule?

Where did you hear this? What compelled someone to think an idiotic 'rule' like that exists?
Well, if you've noticed, the park has always gotten rid of a coaster when they add a coaster. They won't go over 5 big coasters. I don't know why on earth they haven't gone over 5, as Tampa hasn't. I realize that it is up to the park really to decide, but still. Hopefully this festa Italia coaster will make it so that the park has 6 big coasters.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
There's no rule.

It's just inane to think there is. This is a park that puts enormous thought into every addition. You think they don't do the same about ride removals?

Coastin Eric

Roller Poster
I'd like to see something like iSpeed (not a clone, but similar) with the top hat being 150-160, and the trains being ferrari themed to fit in with the italia theme. I feel like they could really make this work.

Only problem would be the potential for it being like Verbolten, but I think this would only be a minor issue.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Coastin Eric said:
I'd like to see something like iSpeed (not a clone, but similar) with the top hat being 150-160, and the trains being ferrari themed to fit in with the italia theme. I feel like they could really make this work.

Only problem would be the potential for it being like Verbolten, but I think this would only be a minor issue.
They are staying away from intamin. I doubt that they would do something like that, but if for some reason they did, then it wouldn't be by intamin. It will probably be a B&M, GCI, or RMC.