What's new

Best STEEL Coasters at Night

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Surprised Katun hasn't been mentioned yet. It's absolutely stellar in the dark - there's very, very little light, the amount of force it generates is terrific and there's nothing quite like the rush of air you get on B&M inverts, especially when you can't see where you're going. Tbf all the B&M inverts are brilliant in the dark.Nemesis at night would be fabulous if Alton ever bothered to stay open long enough during their regular operating season...

Another +1 to Shambhala as well. It really warms up during the day so is absolutely flying by the time it gets dark.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
There's a reason I have only ever ridden X2 at night.

rob666

Hyper Poster
My vote is BPB's Big One when the loonimations are on, absolutely stunning view up to the Tower with a million lights, literally apparently with the joy of LED's, though the drawback is it gets very long queues on the rare after dark late night events.
T'Ultimate would be great, but sadly it stops running after dark as there is no safe evacuation procedure for darkness...it is a very long walk back in the dark if you are stuck on that second lift hill!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I have to say of the ones I've ridden, Iron Dragon and Maverick. Iron Dragon because it just weaves through the woods, kind of like The Beast, but it probably won't be totally dark due to the Fireworks show. Maverick because it's Maverick, and it's awesome.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Taron, Nemesis, Helix, Skyrush, Shambhala, Big Grizzly Mine Cars, Tron Lightcycle, SD2K, Olympia Looping.

Last edited:

Olaf

Mega Poster
I'm trying to come up with some that are mediocre (at best) during the day, but are elevated to something that could conceivably classed as 'good' when ridden in the dark....

Howie, I got the ride for you: Goliath at wab Holland...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm trying to come up with some that are mediocre (at best) during the day, but are elevated to something that could conceivably classed as 'good' when ridden in the dark....

Howie, I got the ride for you: Goliath at wab Holland...
Nah, still just a big green/blue monorail.

Mine have all been mentioned many times, Taron and Helix because the ride experience is extremely elevated at night, they aren't mediocre during the day but they aren't top 5 imo until the sun goes down.
Skyrush, as it's bat**** mental anyway but in the dark you are thrown around even more. I'd also say EGF too, I've only ridden it at night and it was incredible, no trims, fireworks going off, fab.

Last edited: