What's new

Best floorless

Howie

Donkey in a hat
1. Dominator for me. Not the most intense but it has a lovely flow to the elements, nice and smooth, very fast and floaty, great roar... a fab all-rounder.
2. Kraken. It was my first floorless so it's been a while, but I remember loving it.
3. Bizarro. I found this one to be the most intense. Good stuff.
4. Scream! Solid coaster, crap car-park location.
5. Rougarou. Ok I guess, but in that park it just doesn't stand out. At all.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Kraken- Comfortably the best one for me, may be remembering better than it was but really enjoyed it at the time

Hydra- Like the roll at the beggining but found it really force less like most of these
Bizarro- Boring and the effects weren't on
Batman SFNE- best part was the op making the wooping noise of Coco that says a lot

Rougarou- Might as well have went for a walk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yay list threads!

1. Dominator - It's a 0-g roll away from being perfect. The flow and forces that the first half of the ride offers put it at the top.
  2. Kraken - It was running phenomenally this past spring. Really intense!
  3. Rougarou - The bigger standups had some excellent layouts. The ride still has old school intensity but is more comfortable due to being seated now.
  4. Medusa - It's fairly similar to Kraken aside from the ending. It wasn't mind blowing but it was quite enjoyable.
  5. Bizarro - Rode it back in 2009 so my opinion is dated. I remember it being smooth and packing a pretty good punch, but not as much as those listed above it.
  6. Batman: The Dark Knight - Good ride. There's nothing wrong with it aside from its size.
  7. Scream! - My last ride on it was rattly garbage and the low zones felt like diving into an oven due to the blacktop.
  8. Patriot - I can't imagine this ride as a standup. It was already relatively rough last summer and the layout was not exciting at all. Unfortunately, its conversion didn't breathe any new life into the ride.

1. Superman: Krypton Coaster
  2. Dominator
  3. Kraken
  4. Rougarou
  5. Medusa
  6. Bizarro
  7. Batman: The Dark Knight
  8. Scream!
  9. Patriot
Krypton Coaster. No contest.

rctneil

Roller Poster
Kraken - SeaWorld Orlando
Dominator - Kings Dominion
Bizarro - Six Flags Great Adventure
Medusa - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Scream - Six Flags Magic Mountain
Hair Raiser - Ocean Park
Insane Speed - Janfusun Fancyworld
Rougarou - Cedar Point
Daemonen - Tivoli Gardens
Hydra - Dorney Park

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I’m like...

Superman
Hydra
Medusa
Dark Knight
Patriot
Bizarro
Rougarou
Scream

Only needing Firebird and Kraken to clean out the set domestically, though I’ve been told neither are pleasant experiences, which I believe at least as for Firebird given how awful Apocalypse was. So I think the high rankings I give Superman and Hydra and Medusa are pretty safe.

Pear

Strata Poster
1. Rougarou / Superman Krypton Coaster
2. Daemonen
3. Dominator
4. Bizarro
5. Medusa
6. Scream
7. Kraken
8. Dark Knight
9. Patriot

Hutch

Strata Poster
Oh baby it's time for a bump. Don't think I've updated this in a few years!

1. Bizarro - Not much wrong with it really, good layout, decent location, and fun flamethrower action. Really good ride.

2. Batman: The Dark Knight - Nothing special, but has a pretty solid layout despite its size and runs well.

3. Dominator - Guess I'll put this here? Solid stuff overall, but not too exciting.

4. Rougarou - Doesn't really do much but I actually quite enjoyed this. I guess the layout isn't the best but I really enjoy the little whip after the incline loop.

5. Hydra - It seems to pack a lot in for it's size but it ends up doing a whole lot of nothing. The first drop was the only really good part.

6. Kraken - Used to be my favorite but was running a bit poorly last time I rode it. The layout is good but the rattle made it fall to the bottom. Apparently they've been taking care of it since so hopefully it'll be okay.

Man, does anyone miss floorless coasters? As you can tell from my thoughts, they're not great overall, are they?

emoo

Hyper Poster
The best bit on all is the station. It pleases me how everything lines up neatly and the clunking floor doing it's magic trick. On ride it's a really nice premium detail.

My fav is the Superman off the cliff, because of the cliff and little statue. But even that has the sense of the standard elements in a row. Kraken is neat too.

Finally got my sights set on the Superman something Spanish as soon as viable.