What's new

Best family ride hardware

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^What do you mean Karnan is pump-y? The profiling looks fine?
It's actually quite hard to spot in POVs/pictures, but it's much more noticeable in real life. Our bodies are very sensitive to changes in G-force, and it always seems to jump out when you're on the ride.

0:56 - transition from the high speed left turn dropping in to the right hand corner - the banking isn't consistent during the roll.
1:03 - this whole sweeping bend - couple of pumps there, most notably about two-thirds of the way through.
1:13 - the small left hand drop/corner - shaping feels off here all round to be honest.

All manufacturer's make mistakes, I'm not trying to suggest everyone else is perfect (looking at you, B&M with Gatekeeper's inline twist), but it feels like Gerstlauer manage it more than the rest. :p

Luca B

Mega Poster
I just feel like on Kärnan, the strange profiling just adds to the ride, making it less monotonous and more unpredictable. However I do agree that many Gerstlauer coasters are questionable with their profiling and sudden jolts. However they do seem to be improving, with most of their newer coasters getting better reviews when it comes to smoothness.