Change background image

Best coasters you don't want to ride that much? (not ridden yet)

Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Coaster Hipster, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Joey

Joey Member

Best Coaster:
    Fury 325
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I still haven't been to Skegness to get the giant SLC and that other big Vekoma thing, despite it not being that far away or that difficult to get to in the grand scheme of things.

I guess Legoland Florida is another one I struggle to care about. I could have gone. For free. I've had like 2 or 3 opportunities now.

I can't think of any major coasters that people talk highly of that I do not really care about getting, to be honest. Erm... Yeah. Can't think of any.

Yoris Kerkhoff likes this.
  2. cookie

cookie New Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    Someone mentioned Efteling in this thread and to me personally it's an interesting case. I think the park looks very intriguing and it's something I'd like to visit, but it's not on the Europa Park/Phantasia- "I'm going to spend a lot of my own money to go there" level, and I think the one missing element, for me, is its own Taron. Taron is what pushed Phantasia over the bar for me (of course the rest of the park is great and I think Chiapas is a masterpiece) and if Efteling had a coaster on that level it would be an insta-go for me.

(Europa doesn't have a Taron-level coaster but it's a massive park with a huge coaster lineup you don't see in the rest of Europe and has a nice atmosphere in general. I'm waiting until the 2021 coaster opens until I do it a third time, though.)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    zazobo and Yoris Kerkhoff like this.
  3. GeaugaLakeisAlive

GeaugaLakeisAlive New Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Fury 325: I could be wrong, but it just seems really overhyped. It's a giga; cool, what else. I was underwhelmed with Millenium Force and Fury doesn't seem like too much of an improvement. Btw the only giga I'm really excited to ride is Intimidator 305 because of the sheer intensity of the ride.

Yoris Kerkhoff likes this.
  4. CrashCoaster

CrashCoaster Formerly ATI

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    PortAventura Park
    Taron. It looks OK I guess.

5. Hutch

Hutch Member

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    I actually prefer Millennium over Fury. Bit surprised by that really. Was expecting to like Fury more as it seems to do everything that MF does and more: huge and steep first drop, large overbanks, great sense of speed, a bit more airtime and a bit longer, should be better right? Guess not. It's hard to explain really, I think Millennium just works more for me. I also had a slight headache (nothing too bad...I'd be fine, would ride Fury and would need a break) when I was at Carowinds so that probably affect my impressions a bit.

It's definitely a powerful ride it sits somewhere in my Top 20, but in general I prefer the B&M hypers as well and I'm not too eager to try out Leviathan compared to other rides.

GeaugaLakeisAlive likes this.
  6. mo237

mo237 New Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Efteling
    Coaster Count:
    Shambhala doesn't particulary interest me that much. Sure, it looks great, but I've heard some horror stories about PortAventura (and I literally melt in anything above 20 degrees so going to Spain would be an endurance test!).

Then a controversial opinion is less of one particular ride, but more an entire park. There's an idea that the rides at Cedar Point are so bonkers and "out there", that I'm not sure if I'd want to go and risk having every other ride spoilt for me. Sure, they'll still be fun, but there's the idea of "oh but CP has the bigger and better version that makes this one pointless" in the back of my mind that puts me off. Not like I can afford to go to the States anyway :p

7. CrashCoaster

CrashCoaster Formerly ATI

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    PortAventura Park
    If you think Spain is hot, then you need try going to Turkey in the middle of summer, 40+ degrees Celsius.

8. Ethan

Ethan Member

Best Coaster:
    Colossos (HP)
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Hmmm, weird...

(From the Star Trek Enterprise thread)

(Soundtrack thread)

(Helix v Taron thread)

Yeah, I guess you think Taron is "ok" now, seems like you loved it before this thread...

9. CookieCoasters

CookieCoasters Member

Best Coaster:
    Intimidator 305
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    Steel Vengeance... nah jk, I’m desperate.

I have a strong desire to ride anything that looks even remotely decent. I’m not sure if that makes me sound enthusiastic or greedy haha.

The best answer I can give is probably Wonder Woman at SFFT, as I didn’t really think it’s counterpart at CGA was ‘all that’ and by far my least favourite RMC creation (aka still pretty good). Those shoulder straps were nasty though. Get rid of those and my mouth will be drooling for Raptors once again.

10. zazobo

zazobo New Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Spain isn't far off 40 degrees in July/August?

11. _dezaster_

_dezaster_ New Member

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Kings Dominion
    Coaster Count:
    Skyrush

My thighs are not ready for those restraints :eek: