• Skull Mountain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superman - Ultimate Flight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
any guesses what this topic is about??

Included all coasters, just in case someone really does think that a Zamperla family gravity coaster is better than a b and m invert or hyper, or prefab woody...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I would be surprised if this one isn't pretty straight forward with El Toro dominating.

nealbie

CF Legend
Nitro is the one I want to go on most. No idea which is better, but the combination of massive B&M and RCT2 nostalgia makes me really excited to ride Nitro.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
El Toro is better than Nitro in my opinion. But they are both incredible and only separated by 5 places in my ranking.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
it's pretty close between toro and nitro for me - but I found toro a bit disappointing compared to colossos at heide - so I think nitro is a bit more fun!

Batman would be third for me!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm throwing in a vote for Kingda Ka. (Don't judge me).
This time I ain't writing paragraphs and paragraphs to defend it - I've already done that in several other threads. Suffice to say I just love the thing.

If it wasn't for KK, I'd have voted for El Toro. Amazing ride.

Nitro was running with square wheels the day I was there, so that doesn't even get a look in from me. Batman, Bizarro, Superman and Lantern are all better than Nitro in my book.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I think the thing is that us US people who haven't ridden the other Prefabs will love El Toro, whereas Nitro is just another B&M Hyper. But in Europe, you have 2 out of of the 4 Prefabs, and what, 2 of 14 B&M hypers? Nitro is more exclusive to Europeans, and El Toro is more exclusive to Americans.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ I've ridden 3/4 of the prefabs now and I can easily say that Toro is a different beast. Colossos and Balder don't have the ejector Toro does.

They really aren't comparable, as the ride experiences are all totally different.

I agree regarding the hyper comment though, Nitro was only my 2nd hyper and it's significantly better than Silver Star. I hear great things about Behemoth, not to mention the gigas.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Nitro is my fave at SF Gr. Adv. Tons of floaty hills and a facemelting helix, what more could you possibly want. Out of the three B+M hypers I've ridden (Silver Star, Shambhala and Nitro) Nitro is the best by miles.

Second fave is Bizarro. Perfect near misses and a fab, punchy layout. Such an underrated coaster in this park!

I honestly enjoyed Skull Mountain more than El Toro - the ejector is actually painful! It's too much. Balder and Colossos are way better Pre-fabs.

Colossus

Giga Poster
El Toro for me, not by much though, Nitro is a vary good ride indeed, it was my favorite hyper until Fury came on the scene.
Bizarro is alright, Skull Mountain ain't to bad, everything else I thought was vary bland.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I loved Bizarro. Best coaster in the park by a long way.

I tried El Toro about 5 times and didn't get any joy from it. I wonder what it is you most people get that I don't.

trav1089

Roller Poster
El Toro is just something else. Bizarro is great but its pretty much generic b&m floorless/sitdown (which I do love)

Very tough question because SFGA is amazing.

BigBad

Mega Poster
I really like Nitro. Toro beats it. The first drop is crazy steep. I've been on two coasters that pitch beyond vertical, and neither felt as steep as El Toro. The next two hills give big ejector air, and then the hop over Rolling Thunder is sudden and really makes me think that I'm going to be shot out of the car and into Philly. (It's aimed about the right direction to do it.) The quick turns are fun, too, and I don't even tend to like the snappy Intamin turns that are on I305 and Maverick.

Wow, when I went to check the map to see if Toro's hill aims southwest, I noticed that Rolling Thunder is still in the image. That's odd, because the aerial view of Carowinds has Fury 325.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
El Toro.

I liked Nitro a lot, but I think because I visited SFGA on part of a huge trip which took in a bunch of other B&M hypers, it wasn't really a standout at the time, whereas El Toro really was.

It has the strongest airtime of any of the Intamin prefabs; not the most in terms of actual number of airtime spots, which is what makes T-Express the superior ride, but definitely the strongest individual moment.

BigBad

Mega Poster
You're referring to the hop over Rolling Thunder when you say the strongest airtime moment, right?

As far as the sustained ejector on the two hills before the turnaround, does T Express compare favorably? That's what impressed me the most about El Toro, how long it felt like it was trying to chuck me into Philly. (I've changed my mind about the pop later in the ride. It doesn't feel like you're being chucked toward Philly. It's more like Intamin was aiming for Cincinnati, if not St. Louis.)

Diamondback became my favorite coaster for kind of the opposite reason of why you weren't impressed by Nitro. My trip to Kings Island hit some other parks, none of which had a big airtime machine like the B&M or Intamin hypers. Then I got on Diamondback.

QueenOfSkyrush

Roller Poster
El Toro is my favourite! It's also my #1 wood.

I loved Bizarro and SM:UF as well. They were better than expected.

I was disappointed in Nitro. It wasn't anything special and it rattled. I think that coaster is vastly overrated.

I'm hoping to get back to Great Adventure sometime this year, I haven't been since 2013.