What's new

Beasts in the East | FANTASY ISLAND and PLEASUREWOOD HILLS | 8th-9th Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
The largest SLC in the world! Some other big old Vekoma thing! Relocated Ice Mountain!

All this and more at our Beasts in the East CF Live in June.

We will be visiting Fantasy Island on Saturday 8th June and Pleasurewood Hills on Sunday 9th June.

Meet up times and places are on the next two pages.

Please purchase your theme park tickets beforehand.

Fantasy Island are doing special online £10 wristbands for June 8th, click the link to buy yours:
https://sales.fantasyislandresort.co.uk/package/main

So....who's coming?! :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'll be there for both days, possibly with Mrs Howie in tow too.
Curious to know what people's travel/accommodation plans are? Are we gonna hang around in Skeggy on Saturday night, or head down to Norfolk once we've knocked out Fantasy Island?
Seeing as he lives nearby, I was thinking we could all crash at @caffeine_demon 's house? ;)

Edit: Also hoping to nab the GYPB creds while I'm in the 'hood, anybody else planning on doing the same?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Edit: Also hoping to nab the GYPB creds while I'm in the 'hood, anybody else planning on doing the same?
Me - see above :) If there are enough people that want to do those creds on Sunday then I could leave it till then. Only problem is that the opening times aren't great that time of year so we'd have to get both parks done before 5pm so if people wanted a whole day at PWH then it wouldn't work.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Signed up for both dates, so am in the same boat as howie and wondering where we getting pissed Saturday.

Skegness and Lowestoft ain't that far apart but the east of country doesn't seem to know what a dual carriageway is, let alone a motorway.

Not to fussed about great yarmouth creds, although happy to go with flow if people want them.

Saying that i probably will go and stand on Ness point, just so i can say i been there like lands end and the lizard.

Last edited:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I should be around for the Pleasure Island day! Sent form in this morning as just me but will now be bringing a +1, is there any way to edit the form, or is it fine as it is?

Would love to do Pleasurewood as well but will be hanging around in Skegness for the Bottons and Mablethorpe creds if anyone wants to join.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Only free the on the Sat really and now sure how i'd get back to Manchester if everyone else is carrying on so if I can sort out a plan i'll come but atm not sure.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm game for both days but might nip off a bit early on the Fantasy Island day to get the new Mablethorpe creds 30mins to the north (I assume we won't be all day at FI so maybe others want to do this too IDK?)

Sat night I'd like to get some of the long drive out of the way. Maybe get a place in Great Yarmouth and go out there. Then people can split for the GY creds or the Live to PWH on the Sunday.

Again, I might try and sneak in the new Pettitts cred depending on time after the Sunday Live.

Where the hell are the sign up sheets btw? Can someone provide the link to a burden please? Ta

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm game for both days but might nip off a bit early on the Fantasy Island day to get the new Mablethorpe creds
I hadn't realised Mablethorpe had new creds until now. That's a potential game changer. I was a bit on the fence about this Live, as I had a suspicion that a lot of people would be done with Fantasy Island after a couple of hours, and be sodding off to Norfolk/Suffolk early, leaving me on my own to head in the opposite direction. With the possibility of a couple of Mablethorpe creds on the agenda, that would make a Saturday day trip worthwhile. I'll have a think.

@SilverArrow If I attend, I should be able to help with a lift back to civilisation. I'll send you a PM.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Just for you Sue: https://coasterforce.com/cf-live-registration/
To be fair CF Live page seems to have formatting / coding issues at the moment .

Got to agree that it makes sense to space out the driving as much as possible over the weekend.

It worth noting that opening hours on promotional days at fantasy island are their low season hours ( assume 11 - 4 ).
Guess they giving their staff time off for the queens birthday.

Untitled-341.jpg

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I’m not going to step foot in Fantasy Island so I’ll potentially do Yarmouth and stuff on the Saturday but I’d be more than happy to do Pleasurewood Hills on the Sunday will book off work now.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Just for you Sue: https://coasterforce.com/cf-live-registration/
To be fair CF Live page seems to have formatting / coding issues at the moment .

Got to agree that it makes sense to space out the driving as much as possible over the weekend.

It worth noting that opening hours on promotional days at fantasy island are their low season hours ( assume 11 - 4 ).
Guess they giving their staff time off for the queens birthday.

View attachment 5164

Live day is an exception and it is still "Green Day" hours of 11-6. Does state it on the ticket ordering screen for June 8th, along with the discounted £10 wristbands.

I'm game for both days but might nip off a bit early on the Fantasy Island day to get the new Mablethorpe creds 30mins to the north (I assume we won't be all day at FI so maybe others want to do this too IDK?)

I plan on doing the Mablethorpe creds Sunday rather than PWH, need to squish Bottons in somewhere as well, possibly Fri/Sat Eve or Sunday before leaving for Mablethorpe and home. Making a full weekend of it, first (and likely last) time in the area...

Will

Strata Poster
This is exactly what I was intending to do; let's face it, as fab as Millennium is, it's tricky to make Fantasy Island last all day, though I do have slight concerns that £10 wristbands and 'special event' may equal busy.

The Mablethorpe creds have evaded me for too long and as horrid as the place is, that would justify the LONG drive.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Sod it, I'm in for the Saturday. I've got my wrist band ordered, and will join the group at Fantasy Island until people are ready to go their own ways, after which I'll be heading back to Yorkshire by way of Mablethorpe. I won't be doing East Anglia though - I'm not ready to repeat that burdenous drive any time soon - but it'll be awesome to see all of you wonderful people again, even if it does involve Ingoldmells.

Will

Strata Poster
In an annoying turn of events, coaster-count have decided that Ice Mountain has actually been at Fantasy Island for years. It used to be called Fantasy Mouse and I got the cred back in 2010.

You know when it's just not your day...

Still interested though - I do secretly love Millennium Coaster.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Okay, a plan is forming! I will be running the Live on Saturday and @Ian will be running the Live at Pleasurewood Hills on the Sunday.

I hear what many of you are saying, that Fantasy Island might not keep us entertained all day. Would people rather leave mid-afternoon to get the Mablethorpe creds or the Botton's creds? (Botton's is much closer and do-able via public transport) Let me know what you'd prefer! I'm expecting a nice casual day, seen as not as many people are attending this as the Thorpe Live earlier this year. So hopefully we can just play it by ear on the day and go get a few other creds in the afternoon if people are up for that. Anyway:

Fantasy Island meet up time: 11.00am by VOLCANO SHOT TOWER inside the park.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Being a cynical, miserable old non-whore like wot I am means I'm totally not arsed about the Mablethorpe or Bottons creds. In fact I've no idea what they even are... so once we're done and dusted with Fantasy Island me & me Julie (if she comes) will probably just head straight down to Great Yarmouth and get stuck into some alcohol there. :)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I hear what many of you are saying, that Fantasy Island might not keep us entertained all day. Would people rather leave mid-afternoon to get the Mablethorpe creds or the Botton's creds?

From a strictly personal perspective, I already have all of the Bottons creds, Mablethorpe has new creds, and going home means heading north anyway, so I'm definitely planning on picking up the Mablethorpe creds if time permits.

It's annoying that neither the Mablethorpe fairgrounds or Bottons list their opening times, so I've no idea how late they'll stay open. However, if they're open late enough, there might be an opportunity to do both if people are doing both days of the Live. If people were to go and get the Mablethorpe creds immediately after Fantasy Island, anyone driving back down towards East Anglia would be going pretty much right past Skegness anyway, so could nip in and get the creds en-route (if they need them), assuming Bottons was still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.