What's new

Beasts in the East | FANTASY ISLAND and PLEASUREWOOD HILLS | 8th-9th Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
It's annoying that neither the Mablethorpe fairgrounds or Bottons list their opening times, so I've no idea how late they'll stay open.
When I went to Skeggy a couple of years back Bottons was open until at least 8pm, probably later as it was going dark. That was in August though so they may not stay open as late in June. It's a weekend though so I reckon they might - Google suggests they're always open till 8.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Yeah, that sounds plausible. When we went a few years back, it was just as they were opening at around 11am, but it wouldn't surprise me if most of their business is late afternoon or early evening.

That may well be a viable option, then. Spend a few hours enjoying Fantasy Island until people are bored and moving on, those who want to do Mablethorpe can get the new creds up there late afternoon, and those headed towards Pleasurewood Hills who need the Bottons creds can potentially grab them en-route when passing back through Skegness on the way south.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
I really dont mind what creds we do, i just need to know which water hole we visiting saturday evening.

Saying that i am in great yarmouth on this coming sunday and back in skegness week after the live event and have most of bottons creds already, so mopping up stuff we miss wont be issue.

I rather not be loner on a kiddy cred, embarersing enough doing with a group of people.

Always happy to help out with lifts if space is avaiable..

Last edited:

Will

Strata Poster
From a strictly personal perspective, I already have all of the Bottons creds, Mablethorpe has new creds, and going home means heading north anyway, so I'm definitely planning on picking up the Mablethorpe creds
I'm with the bloke in the fleece on this one - the Mablethorpe creds have evaded me for too long and tbh - as they're the only ones I can get on this trip, I was counting on the Dunes Leisure creds to justify the long drive; though of course, I'm looking forward to a catch-up with you lovely lot as well.

If some goon feels like trying to get hold of Dunes to confirm their opening times, that could be useful with planning :) Suspect they're weather dependent, however.

In annoying news - there's a chance my bloody car needs a new alternator, which... also complicates planning!

I should be there for the Saturday at least, and if I can swap my early shift on the following Monday, I'll be able to do Sunday too. I have exactly 0 of the creds in that part of the country, so would be up for any add-ons, particularly great Yarmouth for it's uniqueness.

I managed to swap the shift so should be able to do the Sunday too now, and possibly anything worth doing on monday on the long drive back to Manchester

Last edited:

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Picked up dozen or so coupons for pleasurewood hill today ( as @caffeine_demon mentioned above ).
Thought they might be of use to some people on here.
Untitled-2.jpg
Price is discount from £22 down to £18, not much of saving but saving all the same.

There is a generic online code listed on them, but as far i as can see there is no where to enter code online.
So i am assuming it is just the case of paying on the day.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I live in Skegness, Bottons shuts at 6pm in June.
555ed144084e2e259d1268dbbd721e00.png

Gutted I can't make this, partly because I still need Odyssey, partly because I love drinking with you froobs.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
So, anybody got any plans for the Saturday night? Where are people staying etc,..? Will there be drinking and stuff? I've never been to that part of the world before so have no idea what's there or what isn't. Any thoughts?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So, anybody got any plans for the Saturday night? Where are people staying etc,..? Will there be drinking and stuff? I've never been to that part of the world before so have no idea what's there or what isn't. Any thoughts?
I’m looking at this now. Thinking Great Yarmouth might be, err, great? I’ll see what’s cheap on Booking.com.

I’m only doing the Sunday though!

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Great yarmouth is cheap and cheerful and prob be one of few places around the area to have late night bars tbh, without going into Norwich. Saying that i not booked anything yet.

Will

Strata Poster
I’m only doing the Sunday though!
That's disappointing, was looking forward to a catch up :(
I shall be heading home after Mablethorpe on the Saturday; not nearly as far as it is for some of you lot, but I'll still be doing more than enough driving and not strong enough for a boozing session on top of that :(

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Anyone who is 1.6m or under might be able to get the jellikins cred apparently. Think everyone else will struggle so expect cred spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.