What's new

Battlestar Galactica - Duelling Coaster for Singapore

jokerman

Giga Poster
That looks like a fantastic park. The attractions look good, some similiar to the American ones, but I'm sure that an Asian twist will be put on them.

andrus

Giga Poster
Not necessarily Asian since it's a Universial park and it's themed to.. ...Unviversal Studios!! But it looks great and it has atleast one unique ride with the duelling Battlestar Galactica coasters. They are Vekomas first inverted/standard sitdown with the new restraints and 4-abreast seating, the layout also differs hugely from every other SLC we have ever seen.. Looks very interesting indeed! :--D

Steven

Giga Poster
Looks great and the duelling coaster are going to be a win with one being family friendly and no inversions and one really intense with inversions all in the area Sci-fi city.

marc

CF Legend
I want this park.

I just wish that part of the world was not so expensive, it does seem like a trip to Japan, China and Singapore is a must.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
but I'm sure that an Asian twist will be put on them.

Nah, Singapore is very westernised. It'll probably be more like it's american sisters, than say the parks in Japan and China.

^ And it's not expensive really, £1 = $3 and the numbers are the same. Unless you mean gettin there is expensive, then yeah you're right =(.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
andrus said:
it has atleast one unique ride with the duelling Battlestar Galactica coasters

Pretty much every attraction except Mummy is unique to the park.

As far as costs, the only major expense would be the flight. Singapore is expensive for South East Asia, but generally much, much cheaper than Japan and Europe.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Wow this park looks amazing. The rapids look really good how they go through the gate. Battlestar Galactica is looking fantastic aswell!

A

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUpJM4_20aY[/youtube]

Holy crap this looks so good!!
Just the speed up the lift is AWESOME!!

marc

CF Legend
Lift hill looks great, rest of the ride looks a bit slow.

I am looking forward to seeing the other one.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Wow them trains are right beasts. The speed of the lift is brilliant, and I agree can't wait to see the invert.

A

Anonymous

^ Well, we all complained on how slow blue fire looked while testing, and then it turned out to be awesome.
It's a bit the same here, but then again when they add the invert side and get the trains to sync, then the experience itself might be something completely different, even if it run a bit on the sluggish side...

tks

Strata Poster
The red side is the 'family' side right? Seems an alright speed for something which isn't designed to be too thrilling on it's own.

andrus

Giga Poster
It looks very smooth with no harsh transitions, very much like a B&M, but I guess that's only a good thing! Now I'm really looking forward to see the vid of the "cylon" track testing! :--D

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks boring and slow at the moment. Like Ben said, when the lift-hill is faster than the actual ride then you know it's not good.
Mind you I'm looking forward to seeing the blue side running as well. Maybe it'll get slightly faster after it's been open for a while.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKtDrNAmdo[/youtube]

Full update.

I can't believe I was in Sentosa a couple of years back, I saw some cranes and thought "would be cool to have a theme park here". Now look at it! it's an epic amount of construction they've achieved can't wait to visit!