What's new

Battlestar Galactica - Duelling Coaster for Singapore

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
we now know the King Kong coaster at Universal Dubai sounds like its going to be a B&M duelling invert. I know artwork doesn't mean much but it looks B&M at the moment

db_USD_Preview7_EpicAdventures_KONG6001.jpg

shouldn't be too long until we know the score in Singapore

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It could be an Invert, but it looks like it's more of a Flyer.

I know it's only concept art, but their body positions look more like they are on a Flyer.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^From that logic, one could say that the trains will have only one car each too...

But I agree, it looks like a B&M. However, you can't do outwards-facing loops and Immelmanns with a flyer, so my bet is Invert.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I wasn't really saying that it was going to be a flyer, it's just it looked a quite wrong.

Assuming this is an invert, do you think that the theming will be on a zero-car? That'd be quite interesting.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
. “Reaching speeds up to 60mph as you escape from Skull Island, King Kong launches guests towards each other on one of two inverted, intertwined tracks that come within inches of collision.”
This is from the same brochure as the image above. Suggests its an Invert. I am assuming the "launch" bit of the blurb is not talking about a launched set of inverts. (although that would be cool)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
****. Turns out I just can't be arsed to read anymore.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Universal Sentosa in Singapore has already pretty much exactly a year a Dueling Coaster announced consisting of one and a Sitdown Inverted Coaster composed. Eine derartige Konstellation erlaubt im Gegensatz zu zwei gleichartigen Bahnen ganz andere Interaktionen. Such a constellation allowed in contrast to two similar trains entirely different interactions. Es spricht einiges dafür, dass Vekoma den Zuschlag für das 20 Millionen Euro Achterbahnprojekt erhalten hat. There is some evidence that Vekoma been awarded the 20 million euro project has received coaster.
Badly translated from the EAS pages on http:\\www.coastersandmore.de

So it looks like
Dubai = Invert Duelers (perhaps B&M)
Singapore = Invert/Sitdown Duelers from Vekoma

Gazza

Giga Poster
^Well, if its popular in Asia I guess it makes sense. The theme itself isn't too much of a worry for me...as long as it matches the character of the ride (which it does) and it pulls off what it is trying to establish then it should be fine.

2010 can't come soon enough, airfares to Singapore are so cheap these days so an opening year trip is on the cards for me for sure.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey

I like the idea of a BG theme. The idea of a battle in space does sound like it could fit quite well and I'm looking forwards to what interactions Vekoma can come up with on this too as well as the inclusion of any special effects and the inclusion of the new Vekoma 4-across trains.

However with the Space/sci-fi theme i doubt the ride will be as brightly coloured as its American counterpart and perhaps even the Dubai Kong ride. Perhaps one black and one white?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Oooh...so is it one inverted and one sit-down? From the picture, the two differently coloured tracks, I can't really tell if one is inverted or not.

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, one is the horrid old type, which is probably inverted, and the other is the newer, suggesting sit-down.

WHY the same colour...?

A

Anonymous

What the heck are you talking about!?!?

It looks like the track that is going to be used for both are the same type, just different colour.

Snoo

The Legend
It's a Vekoma? Common knowledge?

Of course.. this is at a Universal park.. so who knows? It might have 15 MCBR's for all we know.

Dave

CF Legend
The only Vekoma i've really really not liked has been X:/No Way Out. Infusion was really good, and Wipeout was really good fun.

Why don't you US enthusiasts appreciate that not everything has to be B&M and Intamin. Appreciate the rides for what they are, for the park and for the rider, not how it compares to the ones you have in your top 10.

Gazza

Giga Poster
It's a Vekoma? Common knowledge?
But they have re-done everything from the ground up with their new track and train designs, with two major issues (Wheel assembly design, and unforgiving restraints) being addressed...you don't think it is possible that they went through and fixed all the old problems? Why else would they spend the money engineering new ones?

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this, my travel plans for 2010 are set :--D