What's new

Battlestar Galactica - Duelling Coaster for Singapore

wash

Mega Poster
Sounds awesome... in theory... if you ignore the part about Vekoma... ;)

In any case, I can't wait to see the details!

Smithy

Strata Poster
An invert would never be allowed to cross over close to a sit down unless their was a safety net in place, in case of a flying shoe or something which could cause serious damage at speed.

A

Anonymous

Haha.
I'm not party pooping or anything.
But wouldnt it be so bad. if they over anticipated it so much.
And then it wasnt B&M. It was like an SLC and a Hurricane.
I know Universal have much more class then even knowing who Vekoma is.
Haha.
It would be so bad though.

Robby.

Divv

Roller Poster
From what I've heard and seen about this ride it will be very impressive looking at least.

I still have reservations about how an SLC with four seats in a row will ride but with the new restraints and new technology being used I'm very intrigued to ride.

Divv

Roller Poster
One of the big investors in the Sentosa resort also has a financial interest in Vekoma. Don't be surprised if this is an SLC with four seats across dueling with a sit down train in the same fashion.

Ben

CF Legend
Why didn't they just go the the B&M site, and press copy and paste...

Would have been the same result.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Ah well, it's not confirmed or whatever yet, but USS is the only major park I know of opening in South-east Asia in 2010 that is going to be getting a pair of major coasters.... For me, near enough is good enough (for the time being)

A

Anonymous

Ultimate Coaster said:
I think it should be said that there has been nothing confirmed about Vekoma's involvement in this project yet.

I'm not sure where all this 4-across train stuff came from...and macca_boy makes absolutely no sense.

I know Universal have much more class then even knowing who Vekoma is.

Uh, yeah, good call...

http://www.rcdb.com/id703.htm

..tool.

ITS A FREAKING JUNIOR COASTER.
NOT A GOD DAMN SLC.
GOD YOUR AN ASSHOLE.
**** YOU.
i just worded it wrong.
its funny.
im sure you wouldnt be this tough in real life.
your a ****ing idiot.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Wow you're mature...

Keep in mind guys, that Vekoma makes the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride - so regardless of whether of not they are building this coaster, they are still considered a major player just based on that installment alone. If this park is getting a Hulk coaster from B&M with a custom installed launch system (Ala IOA), I think B&M would be the likely candidate for the Dragons coasters as well. Considering how successful the ride system was in Orlando, it'd make sense to use it over in Asia.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
^If you believe the stories, B&M and Universal became extremely pissed at each other over Hulk. B&M weren't happy about Universal installing a launch from a different company on one of their rides, and subsequently it stood unfinished for months, making Universal rather annoyed at B&M. Something like that anyway, UC knows the full story I think.

I really wouldn't bet on another Hulk, nor another B&M Dragons.

costar

Mega Poster
Yeah, it's this Hulk ride rumour that we should be looking at more closely. I don't know where that came from. I really don't see that happenning.

Ultimate Coaster said:
My point is that everyone was talking about how the ride would be Vekoma when NOTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

I would be willing to bet my house on it. Is that the confirmation you were looking for?

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
If you believe the stories, B&M and Universal became extremely pissed at each other over Hulk. B&M weren't happy about Universal installing a launch from a different company on one of their rides, and subsequently it stood unfinished for months, making Universal rather annoyed at B&M. Something like that anyway, UC knows the full story I think.

Not true. B&M and Universal built Hulk with the knowledge that Universal would have to install the launch system. It was set from the start - you honestly think Universal/B&M would build a coaster like that and B&M would just spring that little surprise on at the end?

B&M was contracted to do two major rides for IoA - Dueling Dragons, and all of Hulk, minus the launch system. B&M provided the track for the launch, but Universal and a company known as Reliance Electric provided the motors themselves.

Well of course they didn't spring a surprise, but was there not some issue with Hulk where it was uncompleted for a couple of months where the launch track was supposed to go, supposedly because B&M weren't happy? I'm sure it was something like that.

Mike T

Mega Poster
The majority of the ride systems built for IOA were completed and ready to test more than 6 months prior to the grand opening. This was to give Universal enough time to work out kinks and such. If you think about it, Spiderman, Dueling Dragons, Hulk, and Dudley Do Rights all featured new technology never before used on rides of their kind - and on top of that the park had to make sure all of the show elements functioned in sync with each ride.

I still believe that Universal is going to be in contact with B&M for their future Hulk and Dragons installments. Both Dubai and Singapore will be receiving Hulks (based off of models and renderings showing off the parks) and it would be pretty off beat for the company to change designers.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
^Got it, only had some vague recollection of it anyway.

Regarding whether it's Vekoma or B&M, we know Universal have gone to Maurer Söhne for HRRR, so that may suggest they're not afraid to go with other companies for major ride installations.

Mike T

Mega Poster
They're not, but Rip Ride Rockit is a completely different story. It'd almost be an exception to the rule. Keep in mind that Universal isn't scared to try their own things either. Who knows - maybe they'll end up building a coaster on their own one day without the need of a firm.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^Plus, don't forget that B&M also built Hollywood Dream at Universal Studios Japan only last year, so even if there was any bad blood, which it seems there wasn't, there obviously isn't anymore.