What's new

Battlestar Galactica - Duelling Coaster for Singapore

marc

CF Legend
Either the person shooting them POVS is not good with a camera or them coasters are as rough as ****.

nealbie

CF Legend
I thought Universal were supposed to be fab on theming?

The BG coasters look like they have NOTHING to do with the franchise other than the names!

Disappointment.

Snoo

The Legend
Red is a bit warmer, giving a more Human feeling, while blue is a bit colder.. giving that metal Cyclon feeling. ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
marc said:
Either the person shooting them POVS is not good with a camera or them coasters are as rough as ****.

I'd go with the first option, as I'm guessing it's the same person who shot the **** ing piss-poor Jurassic Park video as well.

The Human side looks pretty boring, I must say, but the Cyclon side looks pretty fun. It's funny when you don't check a topic for a while, come back, and the damn thing is running :p .

Kraken

Roller Poster
Has there been any news as to whether this is reopen yet? I'm heading out that way on monday and should be visiting the park early May... would be a shame if it's still shut.

A

Anonymous

^ It will most likely be shut. Rumours say that late May could be a possible re-opening time, but don't count on it...

Seems like there is troubles with parts not being up to specifications, and I don't think that they will have a similar incident that happened to Cobra at Tivoli Friheden...
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 36/1/.html

Kraken

Roller Poster
Went to Universal today and sadly it's still shut. It doesn't appear to be doing anything soon. Scaffolding has been set up around the loop and in the trench, although there didn't seem to be anyone working on it.

There were a few messages over the parks PA system saying it was shut due to the threat of storms today and flooding in the area... which seemed strange. The ride is built on a kind of trench that has water in it, notably where the scaffolding has been set up, so maybe there has been a problem with flooding? (After all, when it rains here, it bloody rains!) It seems like a bit of an excuse though.

I'll have a few photos when I'm back in 10 or so days.

A

Anonymous

There is a rumor that a seat fell off during testing on the inverted side and the whole train has had to be taken apart for inspection, Heard from a few people that both sides were good rides and very smooth, hopefully this problem will be sorted soon but there is no way they are going to open it until they know its safe.