What's new

Bad Experiences with Other Enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBH

Giga Poster
I was waiting in the queue for Powder Keg and I heard this guy talking about Splashwater Falls, so I jumped in. I used the term "walk-on" and he asked me if I was a member of ACE. I almost said, " **** no," but instead, I said "naaah." So we started talking about Outlaw, then favorite coasters.

ACE: "My favorite is that one 7-looper in France, can't think of the name."
Me: "Goudurix?"
ACE: *orgasming* "Ooooh, yes, I loooove Goudurix. Little rough though."
Me: "Yeah, it's an interesting concept, too bad it's a Vekoma."
ACE: "Yeah, if Intamin could build a Goudurix, then I'd be set."

For some reason, it made me want to do this:

tumblr_lltgkrlvtA1qkuicdo1_500.gif

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I suspect some people are easily upset?

I don't have any, not even Pierre could annoy me ;) :p

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Mom: That was some good food.
Fat Guy: DID SOMEONE SAY FOOD?!?!
Fat Guy: What are you riding next?
Mom: Wild Eagle
Fat Guy: OMG Wild Eagle is the BEST RIDE HERE.
Fat Guy: Oh yeah and I work here.
Mom: Where?
Fat Guy: Victoria's Pizza's.
Fat Guy: Man I'm hungry. Wish I had five bucks to go eat at Ms. Lillian's.
Fat Guy: Hey do you go ride Daredevil Falls
Me: We're going to ride Wild Eagle first though.
Fat Guy: Ok. I'll wait here.

So as we are walking to Wild Eagle, I turn around and he is right behind us and we here saying all kinds of bad things about him XD. After the ride, We run out to the exit (different direction than the entrance) and hide in Blazing Fury. Well get this, He was in Blazing Fury's station when we got on. I don't think he noticed though. But we FINALLY snuck out of that situation.

Btw he couldn't fit in Wild Eagle.

Snoo

The Legend
I got threatened to be assaulted by a Cedar Point fanboy because I said Millennium Force sucked.

Pierre

Strata Poster
furie said:
I don't have any, not even Pierre could annoy me ;) :p

That is a relief :)

I also feel like I've missed out on that aforementioned thread :(

I don't know why I open threads like this because 'enthusiast snobbery' is the most annoying thing that crops up across the enthusiast communities.

Its one thing being knowledgeable, and another being arrogant.

I've never really had any bad experiences - I've had cheeky digs thrown my way whenever I've gone to a meetup which wasn't CF but they were just cheeky digs and those people weren't genuinely offended... I hope :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pierre said:
I also feel like I've missed out on that aforementioned thread :(

It wasn't on here. Feel free to link to it or anything Ben (external content isn't our concern), but obvious bashing, etc. will be removed...

Pierre said:
I don't know why I open threads like this because 'enthusiast snobbery' is the most annoying thing that crops up across the enthusiast communities.

Its one thing being knowledgeable, and another being arrogant.

I know what you mean, but I think it's the same everywhere, in every hobby. One set of football team supporters will "know more" than another, Xbox owners will tell Sony owners how their machine is best and vice versa. It's just human nature I think.

Personally, I just take everyone individually, and if somebody irritates me, I just do my best to politely avoid them. I don't make a big deal about it, it's really not worth the hassle of getting annoyed.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ Yeah you're right - I think it stands out more in this particular interest due to the smaller 'population' of the communities whereas millions of people are interested in football/gaming e.t.c

Millions of people are interested in coasters too but not to the extent of being overly enthusiastic about it to sign up to forums.

I imagine its the same in other 'obscure' interests too though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It was always the same in reenactment. People would sit around camp fires bitching about one group's costume, or another group's attitude towards fighting, or another's constant money making over putting on a show, etc, etc.

Coaster goons can't even begin to think about joining the kinds of elitism you get in that hobby.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
On the few occasions when I've met enthusiasts from other groups, they've always been polite and courteous. In fact, most are always complementary to the point where I find it embarrassing. Although I'm sure they say something different behind my back! I'm quite low profile compared to other enthusiast leaders anyway so I can easily adpat to fit my surroundings.

marc

CF Legend
Every group I have met has been ok apart from the bpbb or whatever they were called.

During the cocky last day meetup I could hear them taking the piss out of people on cf. I could not be asked saying anything to them about it as it was not the time or place and tbh we were all having a really good day.

Ben

CF Legend
The TPR thread was a private one that I wasn't even meant to know about, so posting it would be inappropriate...

Which makes me sad.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Given the long list of people TPR openly dislike, it's really no surprise if they hate you, Ben. You even upset us, sometimes. We tolerate it though because... Well, actually I'm not sure why.

Love you Ben.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Bitching about another member in private?

We'd never have anything like that happen on here.

:lol:

Nic

Strata Poster
Martyn H (not Hoyer) one decided to push into the queue to get into Thorpe, right in front of me and a couple of occasional cfers. If you're going to be a queue jumping twat, don't do it to people who know who you are.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Eh just a few moments on this site :wink:

Honestly, enthusiasts in all things: music, movies, TV shows, sports, food, coasters etc etc tend to annoy me. Can't people just be chill and enjoy something intensely without such damn snobs and pretentious?

Oh wow, the rivalry is a little more...intense than I thought. Hope I don't piss off all the community by shuttling between TPR and CF depending how I feel. :lol:

Can't we all just get along!?

Status
Not open for further replies.