What's new

Back To Blackpool, PBB, Aug '11 Trip Reports

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ I thought it was Tom trying to escape.

Lofty

CF Legend
AJ said:
Alright, MINGERZ? <3

THE line! <3

Mackem Lad said:
Disappointing.

Besides the train driver it only had two actors inside, which meant the final third of the ride never had anything going on.

Nowhere near as good as some of the reviews made it out to be IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated. It was missing a character, most of the reviews are based on a 3 character operation. As in the Mother Character (Train driver & the most important character of the train ;) ) and the remaining Three Daughters. There was a shortage of staff that day. Trust me, I booked the day off ;)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm not sure what there is to say that hasn't already been said. Something about Blackpool just seems to lend itself well to silliness and antics, and makes for a hilarious day. One the down side, somehow that never seems to come across very well on camera. I quickly got fed up with trying to take pictures, and just enjoyed the day for what it was: **** hilarious!

(Ninja) Chris H was busy freaking people out with his surreal humour and arguing with Stone Cold over whether beer or cider was better. Mysterious Sue was dumped in the dancing fountains twice. People were caught off guard by the evil new trim on Roller Coaster. Valhalla was awesome as always. Big Dipper was running amazingly well. Maddie managed to stop Avalanche with her fake cigarette. I'm sure there were other epic moments over the course of the day that I've forgotten.

The few photos I did take are available at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 6e7&type=1. Enjoy.

kimahri

CF Legend
I really wanted to go to this but alas I coulden't. Glad you all enjoyed it and the group shot was so goo I had to make this for you lot... incredibly quickly...

sactuallyhorrifying.jpg

I'm not good at this stuff but barry is terrifying D:

peep

CF Legend
kimahri said:
I really wanted to go to this but alas I coulden't. Glad you all enjoyed it and the group shot was so goo I had to make this for you lot... incredibly quickly...

sactuallyhorrifying.jpg

Kim that's amazing! :D

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
peep said:
kimahri said:

sactuallyhorrifying.jpg

Kim that's amazing! :D
..if more than a little disturbing...

mouse

Giga Poster
Wasn't sure where to put this so here will do. :p
It turns out Bling isn't scheduled for removal, Amanda Thompson said it was just a mistake on the map.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Or, it was all set to leave, so they removed it from the map only for the deal to fall through after the maps had been printed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayjay

Giga Poster
Ooh, what's this? A CF Live video?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G3g6F5N9SY[/youtube]

Ollie

CF Legend
^Awesome video. Wish I could have made it as it looks great fun and I haven't been to Blackpool in years.

Haha yay for the video! It really was a great day, despite the rain as rain has a tendency to put me in an absolutely God awful mood. Richard and his water fountains ugh.. I wanted to kill him when he hurled water out of a water bottle at me and when he tried to get me soaked with the Spongebob ride, but nothing compared to poor Sue!

peep

CF Legend
That was an awesome video, I think you captured the day really well and I missed the fountain dance so I'm glad you managed to film it :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jayjay, that's an awesome video. I'm so going to post that on the CF FB page later to show everybody how wacky we are.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Loving the video JayJay. Sorry I never got round to doing a proper report - have been crazy busy this week. Loving all the reminders though, it was such a fab day :D

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Better late than never, have some pictures from Blackpool and Wales...

IMAG4840.jpg

Where did Ian from Coasterforce go? I'm sure I saw him somewhere!

IMAG4841.jpg

Sneaked a photo around Spongebob's bodyguards

IMAG4846.jpg

The Blues Brothers have really let themselves go lately

IMAG4847.jpg

Big Dipper was crazy that day. It nearly threw me out at one point

IMAG4843.jpg

Big One broke down and some maintenance guys began to feel the wheels of each car. It all looked highly technical! :?

IMAG4849.jpg

We did Carnesky's Ghost Train, which was odd and not very scary

The bad weather then set in, so no more photos that day. Sunday morning we traveled to Greenwood...

IMAG4850.jpg

A grand entry!!! :--D

IMAG4852.jpg

Funicular cred!

IMAG4854.jpg

One of the attractions was the view of Snowdon...apparently :?

Then it was time to mess about in the kiddie corner
IMAG4857.jpg

IMAG4861.jpg

IMAG4863.jpg

IMAG4866.jpg

IMAG4867.jpg

IMAG4868.jpg

IMAG4870.jpg

IMAG4871.jpg

IMAG4872.jpg

IMAG4875.jpg

Time for the magic show, where we all realised we had our legs crossed in the same direction...ohh the hilarity!

IMAG4879.jpg

Ed gets to ring the Magician's bell :wink:

Then we did the barefoot trail
IMAG4880.jpg

IMAG4882.jpg

IMAG4885.jpg

Followed by more kiddie stuff
IMAG4892.jpg

IMAG4894.jpg

IMAG4895.jpg

Lots of us stopped off at the town with the longest name in the UK
IMAG4897.jpg