Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&M vs RMC: the best manufacturer

Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Kennywoodfan, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Most Obnoxious Member 2016 CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Fiesta Texas
    Coaster Count:
    Top 5:

RMC
    Gravity Group
    Intamin
    GCI
    B&M

Luca B likes this.
  2. DelPiero

DelPiero Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    This.
    While I am fully on the RMC train, I am a self confessed Intamin fanboy, but I wouldn't put either into a park as a crowd puller immediately. B&Ms are solid investments with minimal downtime, they offer most styles of coaster and can absolutely munch through people.
    I'll be interested to see if they up their game in the airtime department though, an ejector machine from B&M could be glorious.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Matt N, Snoo and EthanCoaster like this.
  3. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    They never would but sweet jesus if they did.. on their airtime machines? Ooooooo boy. I'm kinda getting hot and bothered thinking about it.

4. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Raging Bull's predrop on a giga.

Just sayin.

5. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    I've come to the opinion over time that the Mack coaster selection isn't quite as "world class" as many enthusiasts make out to be, just removing Helix from the equation vastly changes that dynamic... not saying the others are :emoji_poop: but Helix pins that whole argument together.

6. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    If I was to choose between B&M and RMC I would say B&M is the better manufacturer. They produce solid reliable coasters to fit various briefs (just look at Alton's B&Ms), while also developing innovative new ride types. RMC produces excellent world class rides, but they don't yet have the range or experience to overtake B&M.

If I was to compare all manufacturers, I would place Intamin as the 'best manufacturer' (as opposed to my personal favourite manufacturer). They have the experience and reliability of B&M, but with a wider range of products and continued innovation in recent years.

Robert.W likes this.
  7. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Universal Studios Fl
    Coaster Count:
    Gonna echo the sentiments of almost everybody else here: B&M for the range, experience, quality, reliability, capacity, aesthetic, business sense, 'GP appeal', etc etc etc...... <yawn>.
    RMC for balls-to-the-wall excitement.

RMC wins then, innit.

8. EndlessWire

EndlessWire Member

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    Pleasure Beach
    I get what you're saying, but I'd argue that in a ''pound-for-pound" kind of way, Mack are up there. Their stuff isn't the most expensive or the most extreme in terms of stats, but they're of extremely consistent quality, which I'd argue many manufacturers aren't.

9. Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Thats the thing tho, look at their best rides and compare it to most other top tier rides from other manufacturers and Mack doesn't stack up. Mack just simply isn't quite as established. It's like RMC of about 5 years ago. They just need to pump out a few more quality rides for me to consider them truly world class.

10. Luca B

Luca B New Member

Best Coaster:
    Schwur Des Kärnan
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    I must say, MACK’s megas and launched coasters are some of the best family coasters out there.
    m