What's new

AVATAR Land for Animal Kingdom WDW

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The sequel was delayed another 2 years I think to 2021. When this was announced it was supposed to open the same year as the sequel. He's just waiting on another couple movies to rip off as fern gully wasn't enough material for four sequels...

Looks fantastic though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edward M

Strata Poster
HOLY S**T!!! I've been mainly avoiding all pictures, so it can be a surprise when I go. However, I caved in and looked at the exteriors (still avoiding attractions). Oh my gosh. I must admit I really wasn't too excited about this, but they have delivered. This is the perfect land for Animal Kingdom I think. It encompasses the original idea of the park and the sense of exploration the imagineers wanted. I just feel like you could explore this land for an hour if you wanted, and you would still not have seen everything. It is just breathtaking and looks like Disney may finally have a land that can beat Diagon Alley up the highway.

Funny enough, my only issue with the land, from the look of it at least, is that it is connected to Avatar. The film is mostly forgotten at this point, and the land could work just as well without an IP at all. I don't see those pictures and think "Wow! It's just like the movie!" It looks to me that they have created a superior version to the one in the film. I just don't imagine that kids will want to buy Navi toys really. I don't think guests will be going to Animal Kingdom to be like a Navi at all. I think the land will boost attendance and be a success of course, but I don't think Avatar is the reason why. I think the scale and look of the land are what really sell it. I think Disney could go even crazier and create a land superior to this one if they weren't held back by the need of familiarity to the film. I just don't imagine in 20 years anyone caring that the land is based on Avatar. I think it will be a success because of the fantastic job done by Imagineering. Still, I can see that, without the IP, Disney likely wouldn't have funded a land of the magnitude and scale. The connection and involvement of James Cameron likely helped the land to actually get to this beautiful appearance. Say what you will about the man, but he certainly fights hard for his vision.

Still, I can't express how excited I am for this. I simply can't wait! I'll be moving to a place within a 6 hour drive, and I think I may just cave in and go down there to check it out.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Just got back from my first of two preview experiences for Pandora. It's pretty, but it's small. The river ride is nice.... And it's pretty.... But there is zero storyline or plot involved, you just travel down the river for some reason. I rode it twice and I liked it...but it's just kinda da there. Passage was down the entire time I was in the area although it was running earlier in the day. I had heard it was down all day yesterday during previews as well. Although I did get the chance to walk the entire queue.
I would also like to see the entire area at night. I'm sure it looks amazing.

Also the lime, melon, pineapple soda was absolutely disgusting. "Pandora Sunrise"

Photos

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It all looks incredible! I loved the film so right up my street, shame I won't be going for a few years yet.