What's new

Antinos' Dev Topic [NL]

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I really like it, duel stations are amazing (thanks for telling me how to do them babe) and the pacing is great.

Now gimme MOAR!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice!

Felt like a proper B&M. The first drop was nice (like OzIris and Great Bear had a love-child), the layout and inversions were nice, shaping was good, it was smooth. The colours were pretty intense, but not bad. ;)

Overall pretty cool!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay, so in my effort to give feedback and stuff, I've gone back and downloaded this track Marc. Sorry it's been so long! Hopefully my reviews/comments will be a bit more regular now, so you're more willing to post the completed projects here on CF.

I guess it was probably what you were going for, but that was very disorientating to ride! You seem to have really mastered getting those complicated rolls smoothed out. Overall it was rather good, although there were a few sections where I questioned the realism (especially the fast pull outs against the harness, or the fast barrel roll), but the track was well made and fun. It's great that you seem to have got to grips with this track style, your challenge now is to show me more! :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Haha thanks for the feedback regardless of the time frame! Hixee, the goal was to create a very disorienting and intense ride. I do agree that some areas of the ride are unrealistic, but I'll chalk that up to the program not allowing for full 720 degrees of seat rotation. As for the rolls, I have to give credit to the software itself. It's so much more powerful than NL1 due to the fact that one builds with a true spline as well as making the track banking or roll separate from the spline. I've noticed almost zero pumping on rolls even before utilizing the depump vertices tool.

I do have a new project in the works - a flying coaster called Stellar. Trackwork is nearly complete, but I am not quite satisfied with certain areas and elements. I've added a few supports to the lift and brakes but there's a lot more on the way. I do plan on a bit of landscaping and trying to make the ride look as lush as possible (like Jer's Wrangler). Progress on this (as well as future projects) will be slower due to me being back at school and also because my NL2 projects have all been much more involved than before. Here is an older screenshot:

fGBNjoA89H_OEb4F540YeBoLFok5dGjaWosfx70iaAPlfYmKwP_w7TwbKKTROBfPoZ_Jv1w9P6E=w1886-h849

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It appears that Google Docs isn't happy with linking the image location. Oh well...here's a newer screenshot. The trains now have a color scheme and I've started terraforming.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oooh that turnaround in the foreground looks amazing. :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Here's the main holdup of this project at the moment:

It's essentially a cobra roll without the half loops. I'm having quite a lot of trouble with the lead ins - particularly the first roll. I'm also trying to make the previous element a bit more exciting than a standard bunny hop but that is not going smoothly either. Finally, I'm not quite satisfied with the rise into and fall out of the pretzel loop. I am pushing on though!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow. That was fantastic!

The track was really nicely built, there were a few moments that didn't feel completely jerk-free, but it's quite hard to tell on flyers whether it's the track or just the odd viewing angle, so I won't hold you up on that too much.

The track shaping/elements were great! The twisted pretzel loop thing was pretty cool, and I really liked the flow of the rolls. The transitions between the 'flying' and 'lying' sections were nice, and there was a nice balance between the two. I'm a little bit biased towards the flying sections usually, they're usually a more fun experience, but it is good to have a balance and I think you had a good mix.

One of my favourite sections was the last few corners/hills before the final brake run actually. The small pops of airtime, the cool transitions, the rolling and twisting, it worked very well!

Overall, excellent. Another great one to add to your collection.