What's new

Antinos' Dev Topic [NL]

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Might as well create a dev topic. None of my other topics get many replies.

Here's what I'm working on right now. It's a resurrected project that I am now calling Leslie. The entire second half of the ride is new/fresh:

Katrina-100906000245000.jpg

The ride has three inversions and plenty of positive geforces. Feedback is appreciated.

RCF

Strata Poster
An accelerator? Very nice concept with the turnaround then the tophat. What is that before the tophat? An inversion or a bunny hop? But overall looks kinda nice, but the name Leslie, it's just weird :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Either way it's going to be extremely fast. Question is, is he going for the Maverick style barrel-roll or just the small pop of airtime?

Looks pretty nice so far, lots of twisty goodness.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
RCF said:
but the name Leslie, it's just weird :p

It's fast, goes upside down, and has plenty of curves. The name's fitting ;)

Hixee said:
Question is, is he going for the Maverick style barrel-roll or just the small pop of airtime?

It is a heartline roll, but it's not as tight at Maverick's. All the forces are in check. There is another roll similar to Maverick's about half way through the ride, but once again, the forces are in check. The last roll is more of a 0-g roll, which is towards the end of the ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No bad! The track was very smooth and well built and the pacing felt good throughout. The transitions were also good.

Just a couple of things that I didn't really like. The first (and much more major one) was the launch from the station. The launch ramp was sloped and the station wasn't. Normally this would've been OK if the train was moved out onto the launch track and then launched, however it just felt really wrong to start launching and then kink upwards. It was even more noticeable in the back row, where there was more speed through the transition. The second thing (and I honestly just think this is me) was that it didn't feel like it did anything but corner and invert. i reality it was no problem at all, and the ride worked very well, I just felt like it could've had some pretty sweet airtime hills too.

Now don't get me wrong, the amount of text that represents each of the good and bad points about this ride does not really resemble how good and bad the ride was, it's just the explanations. I'm sure you understand. Overall a very good, fun and well built ride. 8/10.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I started another one. I'm not too sure how this is going to turn out, but it will be crazy. It is called Redshift:

Redshift-100915205401000.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That drop back into the station looks sweet! :lol:

Brookes

Giga Poster
#Rating for Sidewinder#

This was a pretty awesome coaster. I really liked the layout and the combination of elements, especially that high turn into a heartline roll. The only thing I didn't really like was the heartline roll straight after the first turn, I thought it was a bit too forceful and would batter the trains. Although, I did use that idea on one of my earlier coasters, I think on this the train had too much speed and in my opinion it would have been better to have the turn going into the top hat. However, the track was mostly smooth and a big improvement on the transitions from Blizzard so good work on that.

Also, I have a little moan about the supporting. Firstly, don't use pre fabs as in my opinion it makes it look tacky. Secondly, it was a little under supported in places, if you look at the gaps between the supports on the turns, the gap seems to be too big for Intamin. One more thing, on the high banked turn, one of the main support columns is pointing inwards because of the track below. It would be better to point it outwards if vertically below the track is not possible.

Taking it all into account, I thought this was a really thrilling ride with a nice combination of turns and twists, so I give it 7.5/10. Nice coaster!